PDA

View Full Version : Future Scheduling -

Trojan1998
08-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Has anyone heard who Troy might be scheduling as our 12th game next season? I would hope that we could land a I-A home game.

I just heard on WMSP 740 this morning that Alabama is close to finalizing a deal to play a home and home series against Duke. The '06 game would be in Tuscaloosa and the '07 game would either be in Durham or in Charlotte. Johnny Williams also said that UA and Tulane are in the works of putting together a home and home series as well.

I'd like to see us try and get that Fresno State deal worked out and bring them to the Gallery and maybe that will happen pretty soon. How about a game in Honolulu against Hawaii?

TrojanWar
08-08-2005, 09:49 AM
I have never been to Hawaii therefore I think that would be a great series. I could take my wife on a nice vacation and then the Rainbows could take a nice vacation from Hawaii and visit Troy. That works for me!

tsufl
08-08-2005, 09:51 AM
Why play Duke?
Bammer fans say playing Troy proves nothing, how does playing Duke prove anything?

jt45
08-08-2005, 10:01 AM
I was told in confidence that Nebraska would be added as the 12th game.

Trojan1998
08-08-2005, 10:19 AM
Nebraska sounds fine with me. They're still in the middle of a rough transition, so if we're in good shape next season, we might be able to pull off a shocker. I wish we could have played them last season.

TSUWhiner
08-08-2005, 11:26 AM
I think the majority of us dont give a crap about Alabama and Aublow..we all know they think they are awesome playing i-AA teams and all

Auburn: The only place in the world where you get a parade for being #2

I better not ever hear them complain about not getting a national title shot..next time pansies schedule I-A teams that mean something like Troy

Whiner

Sarahbelle
08-08-2005, 11:56 AM
I have never been to Hawaii therefore I think that would be a great series. I could take my wife on a nice vacation and then the Rainbows could take a nice vacation from Hawaii and visit Troy. That works for me!

Went to Aloha Stadium in 2002...great fans, entertaining football.

Navarre Trojan
08-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Marshall is backing out of their deal with Tennessee and the Vols are upset. Have not had the time to do any surffing, but was told by a HUGE Vol fan. It seems that Marshall had a 3 for 1 deal, they go to Knoxville three times THEN Tenn goes to Huntington. They (Marshall) are under the assumption that Tenn would NEVER come to their house but would, instead, buy their way out AFTER their 3 home games had been completed. Now, this is going to cost Marshall 300K to get out of their end, but see an opportunity to get out before it is too costly and get a chance to right their schedule before those games. This, supposedly, is for the 2006 schedule.

If this is true, and I have no reason to suspect that it is not, I say more power to Marshall. Everyone knows the Vols ARE NOT going to play in front of 35K in outback West Virginny so they are cutting their losses and moving on.

pkf4troy
08-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Why play Duke?
Bammer fans say playing Troy proves nothing, how does playing Duke prove anything?

Isnt Duke now on Bammers schedule?