PDA

View Full Version : Funny convo I just had with coworkers

Mike Cunningham
12-16-2010, 02:40 PM
So as you all (might) know I live in Illinois, so no one up here really knows Troy or MTSU. Some people around here do know of Troy because of me, but no one knows our rivalries, who's even in our conference, etc.

So with that explanation, here is the convo that just occured in the lunch room.

Employee 1: Big game this weekend right, Mike?

Me: Yep.

Employee 2: I saw that the TROY bowl game was ranked one of the worst.

Me: Yep.

Employee 2: Who they playing? Middle Tennessee?

Me: Nope.

Employee 1: Wherever Middle Tennessee is playing there will be the world's largest rusted station wagon collection.

Me: HA!

TrojanWarrior418
12-16-2010, 03:35 PM
I work with a bunch of Auburn fans and they give me grief time to time about being a Troy fan (especially when I talk some smack). I tell them we'll never know how much better Troy is than Auburn because it isn't our fault they are too scared to play us.

Bottom line: there are a bunch of Auburn fans working under a Troy grad so the world is right where it needs to be.

troyjohn06
12-16-2010, 04:36 PM
I posted this in "everything else" about a week ago, but it fits in with this thread perfectly:

Had a meeting yesterday with about 30 coworkers of mine spread out throughout Alabama. Our boss is a big Tide fan, and when each person introduced themselves, he wanted us to say what college team we pulled for. I said Troy, someone said Alabama State. One of the last people to go said he was a UAB fan. My boss got this confused look on his face and replied, "UAB fan?? Thats's kinda odd..."

Mike Cunningham
12-16-2010, 05:04 PM
I posted this in "everything else" about a week ago, but it fits in with this thread perfectly:

Had a meeting yesterday with about 30 coworkers of mine spread out throughout Alabama. Our boss is a big Tide fan, and when each person introduced themselves, he wanted us to say what college team we pulled for. I said Troy, someone said Alabama State. One of the last people to go said he was a UAB fan. My boss got this confused look on his face and replied, "UAB fan?? Thats's kinda odd..."

I remember reading that and thought that was funny as all get out.

Troy Bob
12-16-2010, 05:38 PM
Last night I was invited to a Corporations Christmas Dinner here in Birmingham. The dinner progressed along and finally I introducted myself to the two females across from me and asked where they went to School. They were probably late 30's. Well they said they were UAB graduates and I said well I am a Troy Man. They sort of looked at me funny and I said, did they go to the UAB game? They spoke up very proudly, NO!! They were Auburn fans. I think that is what we have on UAB fans, they just dont care about their Football Team and will pull for the other two schools in the State whichever may be convenient at the time. Go Troy!!!