PDA

View Full Version : Bowl officials

nasupporter
12-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Anyone know what conference or group will be officiating the Bowl?

TroyTuba
12-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Hopefully not sunbelt.....

BDM88
12-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Hopefully not sunbelt.....
IF I remember correctly no conference can officiate a bowl with their own conference in it.

Troytrojan2009
12-14-2010, 01:20 PM
I hope not CUSA

Troy87
12-14-2010, 02:11 PM
I hope not CUSA

Depends.....................if they'll give us a TD at the 1-yd line, then bring em on. :jester:

Lord-Mustang
12-16-2010, 03:41 AM
OFFICIALS (Assigned by Conference USA):

Referee: Steve Barth
Umpire: Ben Young
Head Linesman: Gary Calip
Line Judge: Clay Martin
Field Judge: Justin Larrew
Side Judge: Lark Jones
Back Judge: Tom Healey
Standby Official: Ramon George
Replay Official: Banks Williams
Communicator: Bob Alexander

Mr.E_205_Legion
12-16-2010, 06:32 AM
OFFICIALS (Assigned by Conference USA):

Referee: Steve Barth
Umpire: Ben Young
Head Linesman: Gary Calip
Line Judge: Clay Martin
Field Judge: Justin Larrew
Side Judge: Lark Jones
Back Judge: Tom Healey
Standby Official: Ramon George
Replay Official: Banks Williams
Communicator: Bob Alexander

It would be interesting to compare this list of officials with the group that called our game in Legion Field. Do not even know IF that is possible, but who cares because we are going to win this bowl game!!!

Nice Trojan
12-16-2010, 06:58 AM
UAB game officials per troy website

Referee: R.G. Detillier • Umpire: Ben Young • Linesman: Stephen Fleming • Line judge: Ken Antee • Back judge: Michael Bailey • Field judge: Avery Fields • Side judge: Daniel Gautreau • Scorer: Aaron Jordan •

Troy Bob
12-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Which dufuss called the Touchdown??

trojanbrutha
12-16-2010, 11:28 AM
I'd say a combination of the back judge and the side judge...

yeahIwin
12-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Quit crying about the touchdown. With how the defense played that day we had no business winning that game. Shut up and move on

troy4ever
12-16-2010, 11:45 AM
What happened to the rule of 13 days of no negativity?

sasquatch67
12-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Quit crying about the touchdown. With how the defense played that day we had no business winning that game. Shut up and move on

If it wasnt a touchdown it wasnt a touchdown.It doesnt matter how we played,we still should have won!!!! Dont tell ppl to shut up.....Its not nice and u never know who u are talkin to....Just some food for thought..:thumb:

Hemi Man
12-16-2010, 01:05 PM
If it wasnt a touchdown it wasnt a touchdown.It doesnt matter how we played,we still should have won!!!! Dont tell ppl to shut up.....Its not nice and u never know who u are talkin to....Just some food for thought..:thumb:

I like this post!!! When people come on here and attack others you never know who is on the other end. and you never know that person might know you.

Nope it wasn't a touchdown. We were screwed on that call. As for the bad play in the 2nd half. If you think you were hot and tired just sitting in the sun how do you think the players playing in the game felt? Remember UAB was in the shade most of the day.

Navarre Trojan
12-16-2010, 05:31 PM
I like this post!!! When people come on here and attack others you never know who is on the other end. and you never know that person might know you.

Nope it wasn't a touchdown. We were screwed on that call. As for the bad play in the 2nd half. If you think you were hot and tired just sitting in the sun how do you think the players playing in the game felt? Remember UAB was in the shade most of the day.

That's the reason the level of play, more noticable on defense due to time on the field, is 100% because of the heat - No argument.

If Steve Dennis ever signs a deal to play there again, during the day, in September, shame on him. That's the hottest, most uncomfortable day I have ever spent enjoying one of the things I cherish the most - watching Troy! That was incredible, damn near criminal in my mind!

Mr.E_205_Legion
12-16-2010, 05:46 PM
I think the bowl list showing only ONE of the officials present in Legion Field that day speaks VOLUMES to what their conference thinks of their season! Just like our players EARNED the right to go bowling, so do officials.

Keeping it positive, less than twenty-four hours and we will be searching for a restaurant that serves bobcat étouffée !!!