PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Sales Update

TroyFootball05
12-13-2010, 08:45 PM
I went to the ticket office today to purchase my student ticket. I noticed we haven't sold many student tickets for one reason or another. The guy selling me the ticket flipped through ten or twenty of maybe fifty pages of names to find mine. Out of every page, only one or two of the 40 names listed had their name highlighted/crossed out to indicate that person had bought a ticket. I was the first to buy one on my entire page. Student ticket sales end Wednesday, I'm told.

formerlytsufan
12-13-2010, 09:18 PM
I went to the ticket office today to purchase my student ticket. I noticed we haven't sold many student tickets for one reason or another. The guy selling me the ticket flipped through ten or twenty of maybe fifty pages of names to find mine. Out of every page, only one or two of the 40 names listed had their name highlighted/crossed out to indicate that person had bought a ticket. I was the first to buy one on my entire page. Student ticket sales end Wednesday, I'm told.

Ohio students will outnumber Troy mostly due to their incredible travel package.

Trojans123
12-14-2010, 09:31 AM
sold over 500 student tix so far

formerlytsufan
12-14-2010, 10:58 AM

Very nice!

Buzz Lightyear
12-14-2010, 11:02 AM
That is good to have over 500 and hope that at least 15% of student body makes it to Nawlins..out of 7000 about a thousand to show ok........as to our crowd I really expect that there will be between 14-16k at the game so it is hard for me to really understand how we have so much trouble selling 5000......Is it poor info to the HORDES that want to go to Nawlins or are tickets so much cheaper elsewhere that they can get them at half the price......

I really do not understand how this works.......:rolleyes:

Discophobia
12-14-2010, 11:15 AM
I would expect attendance to be a little off this year. This team isnt really that great this year. I know all of us die hards would go no matter what, but TROY is made up of a lot of casual fans. Gas at $3.00 a gallon, the economy in the toilet and Christmas in a week and the game in an expensive tourist city. I am not making excuses and I want there to be a huge crowd, but the times are not that great.

Hemi Man
12-14-2010, 11:36 AM
I would expect attendance to be a little off this year. This team isnt really that great this year. I know all of us die hards would go no matter what, but TROY is made up of a lot of casual fans. Gas at $3.00 a gallon, the economy in the toilet and Christmas in a week and the game in an expensive tourist city. I am not making excuses and I want there to be a huge crowd, but the times are not that great.

Maybe all the ones that complained about going to Mobile last year will be able to make it to New Orleans this year.

YJason
12-14-2010, 11:52 AM
I had to explain the importance of buying your ticket through the school to the friend that we are going to NO with. LBS had already went over it...but it still had not sunk in. He gets it now, I think.

Discophobia
12-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Maybe all the ones that complained about going to Mobile last year will be able to make it to New Orleans this year.

Ha, Ha, right on exactly! It is on a Saturday night and in NO you can get those $10 plastic hurricane glasses on Bourbon Street to take home that so many people cried about last year. Now show up!

Cane gone Trojan
12-14-2010, 02:46 PM

Does this include the SOTS tickets?

Trojan1998
12-15-2010, 03:47 PM

I agree with all of that. And additionally, our opponent isn't a familiar name with our fanbase. No disrespect to Ohio because they are without a doubt a fine school, but it isn't a 'Southern Miss' which in name alone will behoove our fans to purchase tickets because of high name recognition.

We had a great Troy crowd against Rice because that was our first N.O. Bowl appearance and folks were geeked up about going to the Big Easy. But, hardly any of our Troy people could tell you where Rice is located. The economy also wasn't in the tank just yet in 2006, so that wasn't a negative factor.

trojanbrutha
12-15-2010, 03:54 PM
I agree with all of that. And additionally, our opponent isn't a familiar name with our fanbase. No disrespect to Ohio because they are without a doubt a fine school, but it isn't a 'Southern Miss' which in name alone will behoove our fans to purchase tickets because of high name recognition.

We had a great Troy crowd against Rice because that was our first N.O. Bowl appearance and folks were geeked up about going to the Big Easy. But, hardly any of our Troy people could tell you where Rice is located. The economy also wasn't in the tank just yet in 2006, so that wasn't a negative factor.

With all due respect, the only "name" that TROY fans should concern themselves with is "TROY." That alone should inspire them to attend...

Trojan1998
12-15-2010, 04:01 PM
With all due respect, the only "name" that TROY fans should concern themselves with is "TROY." That alone should inspire them to attend...

I agree, but we still largely have a casual fanbase that hasn't yet adopted the mentality that you've described. Since 2001, our fans have been excited to purchase away game tickets to the various SEC, Big XII, Big Ten, etc. venues where we've played, but when we play at home against a ULM, an FAU, a UNT, or an Arky State, there is way too much aluminum visible.

Aside from the Marshall game in 2003, the Mizzou game in 2004, the Okie State game in 2007, a couple of the Bama State games, and maybe one of the UAB games, we haven't put great crowds into the Gallery. I reflect to the end of our 2008 season when we finished the season at home with two important conference games against ULL and Arky State and our fans responded poorly in the face of the Chancellor and AD encouraging (begging) people to attend those games. And then there's the infamous 2007 season-ending game against FAU with the Sun Belt crown on the line and only around 10,000 folks showed up on a beautiful afternoon. I guess Ho was right when he said that most of the "townies" were at Sikes & Kohn's up in Pine Level.

Long story short, our fanbase still has a long way to go in the support category. However, I'm sure the Gallery will be packed when Navy and Miss State come a calling in 2012.

trojanbrutha
12-15-2010, 04:11 PM
I agree, but we still largely have a casual fanbase that hasn't yet adopted the mentality that you've described. Since 2001, our fans have been excited to purchase away game tickets to the various SEC, Big XII, Big Ten, etc. venues where we've played, but when we play at home against a ULM, an FAU, a UNT, or an Arky State, there is way too much aluminum visible.

Aside from the Marshall game in 2003, the Mizzou game in 2004, the Okie State game in 2007, a couple of the Bama State games, and maybe one of the UAB games, we haven't put great crowds into the Gallery. I reflect to the end of our 2008 season when we finished the season at home with two important conference games against ULL and Arky State and our fans responded poorly in the face of the Chancellor and AD encouraging (begging) people to attend those games.

Long story short, our fanbase still has a long way to go in the support category. However, I'm sure the Gallery will be packed when Navy and Miss State come a calling in 2012.

In 100% agreement...Our fans have to start embracing the fact that the bowl games are attained through winning the league games and they are more important than the "bodybag" games. I have been guilty of the same offense, but my intentions are and have been to rectify the situation. We need more diehard fans, no doubt, but more championships and bowls should help...

Those are very good points you've made...:thumb:

Hemi Man
12-15-2010, 04:23 PM
In 100% agreement...Our fans have to start embracing the fact that the bowl games are attained through winning the league games and they are more important than the "bodybag" games. I have been guilty of the same offense, but my intentions are and have been to rectify the situation. We need more diehard fans, no doubt, but more championships and bowls should help...

Those are very good points you've made...:thumb:

Spot on!!! Conference games are more fun anyway.

BDM88
12-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Spot on!!! Conference games are more fun anyway.

As I have said it before Why do we not get good crowds at home Conference games but have huge crowds at non conference games it is simple. The Level Of Competition is greater. I mean most casual fans would rather see us Playing an SEC school rather than ULM. It is not just us either. Ask anyone that used to watch East Tennessee State play football. If The Sunbelt was a little more respected maybe just maybe it will put butts in the seats. If I could I would be at every game but I can only get to a game once every so often.

chipshot
12-15-2010, 11:41 PM
As I have said it before Why do we not get good crowds at home Conference games but have huge crowds at non conference games it is simple. The Level Of Competition is greater. I mean most casual fans would rather see us Playing an SEC school rather than ULM. It is not just us either. Ask anyone that used to watch East Tennessee State play football. If The Sunbelt was a little more respected maybe just maybe it will put butts in the seats. If I could I would be at every game but I can only get to a game once every so often.

Simple..nobody cares if we beat the worst ten teams in the nation...they only care if we can compete with the top fifty.

trojanbrutha
12-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Simple..nobody cares if we beat the worst ten teams in the nation...they only care if we can compete with the top fifty.

More care about TROY winning than "nobody." Most people from this area have "$EC-itis" and it's terminal. But, you have some that have made a decision to support TROY Athletics. The number may be small for now, but more have seen the importance of giving to the Trojan Warrior program. It's time to put up or shut up...

sasquatch67
12-16-2010, 12:12 PM

I have to agree on this. If any top ten school played the teams in the belt we play,attendance would be down as opposed to playing the teams they play. Anyone ever been to an AU or UA game when they played a sunbelt team??? I have. I watched AU play ULM and several sections were nearly empty... AU vs ULM=attendance down...I also watched AU play SC and it was rediculous.....AU vs USC= attendance up!!!Its just a fact that if we get better teams to our stadium we would have Boise type crowds!!!Dont judge me for missing the Troy game to be there. My JOB required me to be..

trojanbrutha
12-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Other teams' fans can afford to be picky...TROY's fans cannot. Other teams that you've mentioned have been established at the FB$ level for more decades than you've been on the face of this earth. Troy Football has too, but not at the highest level. We're new to this game and as long as people think small, those results that you get will match that small efforts...

BDM88
12-16-2010, 01:08 PM
I have to agree on this. If any top ten school played the teams in the belt we play,attendance would be down as opposed to playing the teams they play. Anyone ever been to an AU or UA game when they played a sunbelt team??? I have. I watched AU play ULM and several sections were nearly empty... AU vs ULM=attendance down...I also watched AU play SC and it was rediculous.....AU vs USC= attendance up!!!Its just a fact that if we get better teams to our stadium we would have Boise type crowds!!!Dont judge me for missing the Troy game to be there. My JOB required me to be..

I can say with not much doubt that when we go to UT in 2012 there will be 106 thousand in the stands. Attendance doesn't slip much at this SEC school unless they are not winning. and then it drops to maybe 90 thousand. Most SEC schools schedule weaker opponents early on for getting things rolling. Later on they play a weak team for a tune up before a huge rival.

SOTSButterfly
12-16-2010, 04:19 PM
I wonder if tickets bought online will be available at the team hotel.
I tried to call the ticket office and ask, but no one answered.

Carolina Trojan
12-16-2010, 04:54 PM
I wonder if tickets bought online will be available at the team hotel.
I tried to call the ticket office and ask, but no one answered.

Yes, tickets can be picked up at the Marriott between 10-2 Friday & Saturday. Last time they were set up near the Business Center.

sasquatch67
12-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Other teams' fans can afford to be picky...TROY's fans cannot. Other teams that you've mentioned have been established at the FB$ level for more decades than you've been on the face of this earth. Troy Football has too, but not at the highest level. We're new to this game and as long as people think small, those results that you get will match that small efforts...

My point was to mention an established program. Lets not get technical. Its the principle of the thing.I dont think small. I want a bigger conference.I do agree at the same time that we need big crowds at lower tier sunbelt conf games but I dont think it will happen. lets face it we need a new conf bc when WE show up at those same schools venues we draw their largest crowd of their season. we are the big ticket and best name in the conf and its time to try to work at movin up. A new conf and troy football will SOAR to a new level. Face it big names equal big crowds. packed house every weekend!!

SOTSButterfly
12-17-2010, 01:17 AM
Yes, tickets can be picked up at the Marriott between 10-2 Friday & Saturday. Last time they were set up near the Business Center.

Sweet. Thanks.

Dothan_Trojan97
12-17-2010, 07:49 AM
I ordered my tickets online on the 6th. It said "Will Call" on the website when I ordered them. I understand that they will be handing out tickets at the hotel on Friday and Saturday, but I will be coming in late Saturday afternoon, just a few hours before the game. Probably will roll in sometime between 5:00and 6:00pm. Is it correct that I will need to pick my tickets up at the Superdome? Will Call at Gate H?

Just wanted to be sure as I would hate to get to the game and not be able to get my tickets.

Pcbtrojan
12-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Mr. Cunningham posted the will call gate in the bowl info thread. And you are correct it is gate "H".

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23006

GO TROY & WHO DAT

Dothan_Trojan97
12-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Mr. Cunningham posted the will call gate in the bowl info thread. And you are correct it is gate "H".

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23006

GO TROY & WHO DAT

Thanks. The reason I posed the question was because I was aware that they would be handing out some tickets at the hotel on Friday and Saturday and wanted to be sure that my tickets would be at the will call gate and not back at the hotel.

However irrational it is, I have this "thing" about not having my tickets in my hand as I travel to NO.

Troy Bob
12-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Anyone have a HARD number on SOLD Tickets to date?

JaredMc
12-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Last numbers I saw were 3000 from our ticket office. Keep in mind though that this number is better than the last two trips to the Big Easy.

Mr. Ho
12-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Last numbers I saw were 3000 from our ticket office. Keep in mind though that this number is better than the last two trips to the Big Easy.

Also keep in mind that the last trip to the Big Easy we stomped everyone to get there and had a huge walk-out-of-woods crowd - total over 6,000 total there.

What Mr. Ho hear is that TMTDM ticket office will hit over 3,600 and expect about 1,500 additional to make up mind tonight and drive down tomorrow. Outstanding consider we stink this year and finish co-champs and the economy is still in the toilet...

JaredMc
12-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Imagine how good sales would have been had we not lost in the conference and beaten Alabama-Birmingham and Okie St.?