PDA

View Full Version : Ohio.

newnan trojan
12-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Interesting team. I think they are much like us this year! Big ups and Big downs!

Ohio is coming off a loss to Kent State 28-6 who is 5-7. They beat Louisiana lafayette bairly 38-31 who is 2nd to last in the SBC this year. They did beat MAC champs Miami (OH) 34-13, and they beat Bowling Green 49-25 who we only beat by 3. They lost to a 5-7 Marshall team, and also lost to a 8-4 Toledo team 20-13.

They also won 7 streight before dropping the last game

CHughes1102
12-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Interesting team. I think they are much like us this year! Big ups and Big downs!

Ohio is coming off a loss to Kent State 28-6 who is 5-7. They beat Louisiana lafayette bairly 38-31 who is 2nd to last in the SBC this year. They did beat MAC champs Miami (OH) 34-13, and they beat Bowling Green 49-25 who we only beat by 3. They lost to a 5-7 Marshall team, and also lost to a 8-4 Toledo team 20-13.

They also won 7 streight before dropping the last game

Yeah looks like they have 2 different teams that show up. With it being a bowl, I would expect their A game!!

trojanbeast
12-05-2010, 05:30 PM
http://www.neworleansbowl.org/news/bowl/index.html?article_id=3819. New Orleans Bowl just updated thier site.

newnan trojan
12-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Btw.....8-4 Temple is being left out of the Bowl picture it looks like.....Sound familiar?????

nasupporter
12-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Anyone have a link? What's the Bobcats chatter about the New Orleans Bowl and Troy?

newnan trojan
12-05-2010, 06:54 PM
bobcatattack.com

tr_oj_ans
12-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Ohio has more rushing yards than passing with their qb rushing for 472 on the year. Just judging from the stats, they appear to resemble MT which should be good news for us. We've done a pretty good job stopping mobile qb's and containing the running game. They have pretty good defensive numbers, but I'm confident that our "O" can put points on anyone if they avoid the turnovers and penalties. I think we got a very favorable match-up with this opponent. Can't wait to see it live in a couple of weeks.
Edit: Watching the replay of the Temple/Ohio game on espn3, Ohio is actually more similar to Nevada, than MT, with the pistol offense. As expected, we will enjoy a nice speed advantage over Ohio as well.

bigguyonright
12-06-2010, 01:22 AM
i have watched them play a few times and they are very inconsistent at best

GoTroyGo1
12-06-2010, 04:35 AM
I believe we have better athletes than the Bobcats overall. Frank Solich is an excellent coach who will come in with a solid game plan. Should be a good game, it will hinge on our "D" playing their best game all year to get the "W" Let's get this done Trojans!

Burrt Keyes
12-06-2010, 05:56 AM
They loss to Kent State whose coach had just resigned. Official attendance was less than 9000 at that game. WOW! Good to know they play down to their competition too in front of crappy crowds.

7 straight wins is impressive.

PensacolaTrojan
12-06-2010, 07:43 AM
They are 0-4 in bowl games... let's help keep their streak alive with 0-5.

anorrisOU
12-06-2010, 01:13 PM
They loss to Kent State whose coach had just resigned. Official attendance was less than 9000 at that game. WOW! Good to know they play down to their competition too in front of crappy crowds.

7 straight wins is impressive.
Wow, they announced 9,000 for that game??? No way there was half if even a quarter of that in the stadium!

Anyways, as has been mentioned, we have been up and down this season, but frankly better than I'd have guessed if you told me we'd lose our biggest impact player on both sides of the ball for the season before conference play got underway.

I would hope we show up with the A game for a bowl -- but I would've thought we'd show up with it against Kent State as well, given that a trip to the MAC Championship game was on the line.

Haven't seen you guys play this season, but I tend to follow you when I can and have watched a fair few in recent years. I think this will probably be a close one, as most MAC-SBC games tend to be. Apparently the bowl committees decided to organize a MAC vs. SBC showdown this season!

Troytrojan2009
12-06-2010, 03:11 PM
They are 0-4 in bowl games... let's help keep their streak alive with 0-5.

We've already completed one "drive for five"...now we can complete this one!

LoganElm_grad09
12-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Yes we're 0-4 in bowl games, but in our 7 game stretch, we beat Miami (the MAC champions) and Temple (8-4, no bowl, picked by many to win the MAC east.) Also to be fair, the team that played the first 4 games was not the same team that finished 7-1.

If our A team shows up, you'll have your hands full. If not, well ask Kent how that went.

Troytrojan2009
12-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Yes we're 0-4 in bowl games, but in our 7 game stretch, we beat Miami (the MAC champions) and Temple (8-4, no bowl, picked by many to win the MAC east.) Also to be fair, the team that played the first 4 games was not the same team that finished 7-1.

If our A team shows up, you'll have your hands full. If not, well ask Kent how that went.

We've had different teams show up as well...the team that destroyed MTSU and nearly beat OK State is not the same team that got blown up by FIU...We're hoping for our A team as well.

trojanbrutha
12-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Bobcats on ESPN
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/195/ohio-bobcats

NCAA Stats
http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?year=2010&org=519

This will be a ver good match-up with the woes we've had on defense, but some success against the run. The offense, I believe, should be as successful with minimal turnovers, as they have been for most of the season. Collabration between the coaching staffs is being down-played, but it adds another dimension to the game...:thumb:

Discophobia
12-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Agree brutha, this will be a very good game if our d can step up like the last couple of games. Our Offense is really clicking and being a only a short break between the regular season shouldnt miss a beat.

tr_oj_ans
12-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Bobcats on ESPN
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/195/ohio-bobcats

NCAA Stats
http://web1.ncaa.org/football/exec/rankingSummary?year=2010&org=519

This will be a ver good match-up with the woes we've had on defense, but some success against the run. The offense, I believe, should be as successful with minimal turnovers, as they have been for most of the season. Collabration between the coaching staffs is being down-played, but it adds another dimension to the game...:thumb:

I don't want to miss a dimension of this game. What is this collaboration you speak of?

ryan7907
12-07-2010, 09:46 PM
our staff bounces ideas off of theres and vice-versa

trojanbrutha
12-07-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't want to miss a dimension of this game. What is this collaboration you speak of?

http://www.gulfeast.com/dothaneagle/dea/troy_blog/comments/story_quotes_on_new_orleans_bowl/169353/

***Troy coaches and Ohio coaches talk pretty frequently in the offseason about schemes and stuff. Jeremy Rowell downplayed it a bit, but these coaches know each other well. Larry Blakeney knows Ohio coach Frank Solich well and said Ohio is a class bunch.

tr_oj_ans
12-07-2010, 10:05 PM
http://www.gulfeast.com/dothaneagle/dea/troy_blog/comments/story_quotes_on_new_orleans_bowl/169353/

Fathers, sons, and brothers routinely coach against one another, so I don't see an issue with it. Good info though...Thanks.