PDA

View Full Version : Technical Bowl Question

Buzz Lightyear
12-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Where is Ark St fan when you need him.? My question (and maybe someone on here will know this) is if MTSU wins and we are actual Co-champs despite the tie breaker( which they earned) how does that play into the contract? The New Orleans bowl has first pick and if we win and FIU looses to MTSU technically we are Co-Champs......So New Orleans has to go with the tie-breaker and allow for FIU to go somewhere (or do they). So they pick MTSU to go but is there any chance the Pizza bowl is not going to be available......thus FIU has to go to the Go. Daddy But but but we are Champions too despite the tie breaker so WE must be accomodated as well and thus NO then would be forced by contract to take us instead of MTSU?? Because I can guarantee that NO wants Troy over FIU. (See other thread presidential appeal for folks to show up.)

Maybe mute if Pizza available but if not and there are 72 available for the 70 spots Western Michigan and MTSU would be left out...........Hard to see how they would pick 6-6 mtsu over a 7-5 team since etc etc.

Discophobia
12-02-2010, 10:20 AM
When I saw the thread title, Technical Bowl Question I thought it was the name of a new bowl. These bowls change names so fast that you never know the name of the bowl game from year to year.....just another reason to want a playoff.

Mr. Ho
12-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Buzz you are correct. TMTDM beats UCF-Boca and that eliminates CT-Martin from a Bowl game...a double pleasure. The Pizza Bowl is not a firm deal, they will take Louisville. Sorry, no SunBelt team will go to Detroit this year.

Only Who'sYourDaddy.com and Truck Bowl are firm - which means a TMTDM win and Miami State loss = New Orleans...and a TMTDM win and Miami State win = Mobile...and a TMTDM loss and Miami win = Mobile...and a TMTDM loss and Miami State loss = stay at home because CT-Martin has sold their soul to guarantee more tickets sold (although TMTDM had more real people at the game, by 2,067 to be exact).

CT-Martin - 2010 Total Fail Champs:http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa260/Kendermage/TrainWreck1.gif

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0903/campus.cheer.lauren.oregon/images/oregon-cheerleader-lauren(01).jpg
...and Mr. Ho=STUD!!!

JaredMc
12-02-2010, 10:25 AM
With the bowls, the only thing that matter is being bowl eligible and the conference champ being accomodated. New Orleans gets first choice of teams but doesn't have to take the champ, as long as another bowl will take them. This is why it is pretty certain that Troy goes to Mobile and NO will take either FIU or Middle. For some reason, NO just does not want Troy.

Hemi Man
12-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Do they have to accommodate all the 7-5 teams before taking a 6-6 team?

Mr. Ho
12-02-2010, 10:40 AM

Yes...that why TMTDM win and play again and CT-Martin guaranteed to sit around and conspire why TMTDM so much better than CT-Martin.

TeKERaider
12-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Yes...that why TMTDM win and play again and CT-Martin guaranteed to sit around and conspire why TMTDM so much better than CT-Martin.

Ho is right about our train wreck but he is wrong about this. The pizza bowl is firm. If three teams get eligible we go unless we cut a deal for another bowl like St Pete which I doubt. Also the 7-5 over a 6-6 is for at large not for contracted bowls. If ulm had got to 6-6 they would go to NO before a 7-5 team.
That being said IF mt wins i still think they end up in Detroit but it's not required and anything can happen.

jagd1305
12-02-2010, 12:55 PM
All things considered guys, beating FAU and then going to Mobile is what many at the university want. NO may be the fun party place, but exposure and crowd support for TROY is in Mobile. I'd rather TROY face a school from another region rather than one from a conference next door to us. But regardless of what our esteemed colleagues from MTSU may say, none of these scenarios is of note if neither TROY or MT fail to win their respective games. Frankly, I'd rather have 3 belt teams in bowls if at all possible.

TennesseeBoyintheRockies
12-03-2010, 09:19 PM

Normally, but the Blue Raider fan is correct. The only way the Sun Belt misses out on the Pizza Bowl this year is if:

1. The Big Ten Conference is denied two teams in the BC$. Then they'd have enough teams to fill all primary tie-ins including the bowl in Detroit.

OR

2. MTSU loses its last game. The Pizza Bowl is contracted to take a bowl eligible Sun Belt team if the Big 10 is not represented in the bowl.

So, the Pizza Bowl does have a contract with the Sun Belt in place which says that it will take a bowl eligible Sun Belt team only if the Big Ten is unable to fill that bowl spot. If the Sun Belt cannot fill the spot, then it may shop for an at-large team from another conference.

I don't think Louisville will go to the Detroit bowl. I believe you will see them in either a Big East-affiliated bowl filling one of the league's primary tie-ins or in a bowl unfilled by the Pac-10.

socrgoly25
12-03-2010, 09:38 PM
That would be funny to see a school sponsored by Papa John's playing in a bowl sponsored by Little Caesar's though....