PDA

View Full Version : The Streak

TroyFootball05
11-28-2010, 02:34 AM
FAU presents two distinct oppertunities. First, if we win, we'll keep our streak of winning seasons alive. The rest of the sunbelt never even sniffs 7-5. If they get to 7-5, it means they had a magical breakout season. For us to accomplish this in a rebuilding year would say alot. Secondly, if we win the bowl game, we can keep our streak of 8 win seasons alive. that would be only one win away from last year. who could complain about that? Have to get there first though. GO TROJANS!

Burrt Keyes
11-28-2010, 11:06 AM
For all of the belly-aching and complaining about the team's performance this season, doesn't this seem a lot like 2006?

Wasn't that the year that we walked out of the SuperDome and partied all night on Bourbon Street, thinking we were world-beaters?

We beat a I-AA team (Alabama State), got smoked by Nebraska (56-0, arguably worse than South Carolina this year), were embarrassed by UAB 21-3, lost a league game (to Ark State), and squeeked by others; North Texas by 8, FAU by 7, Middle by 1.

Sounds very familiar to 2010, no? Don't get me wrong, I've been disappointed and frustrated this year. But if we go 8-5 and win a bowl game, with youth and injuries (and a freshman QB), shouldn't we be as pumped this year as we were 4 years ago?

PensacolaTrojan
11-28-2010, 03:52 PM
But if we go 8-5 and win a bowl game, with youth and injuries (and a freshman QB), shouldn't we be as pumped this year as we were 4 years ago?

Yes, especially with the ability of building on this success for next year rather than talking about dificulty of reloading like we did at the beginning of this year.

Troy79
11-28-2010, 07:41 PM
For all of the belly-aching and complaining about the team's performance this season, doesn't this seem a lot like 2006?

Wasn't that the year that we walked out of the SuperDome and partied all night on Bourbon Street, thinking we were world-beaters?

We beat a I-AA team (Alabama State), got smoked by Nebraska (56-0, arguably worse than South Carolina this year), were embarrassed by UAB 21-3, lost a league game (to Ark State), and squeeked by others; North Texas by 8, FAU by 7, Middle by 1.

Sounds very familiar to 2010, no? Don't get me wrong, I've been disappointed and frustrated this year. But if we go 8-5 and win a bowl game, with youth and injuries (and a freshman QB), shouldn't we be as pumped this year as we were 4 years ago?

I agree with your points Burrt, we found our way after the '06 season and I think that if we can get a few guys healthy and play our Bowl game in January, then we will be well on our way to having a great opportunity to build on this season as we get ready for 2011. There is no doubt that the Belt is getting more competitive each year and there will be no guaranteed victories next season for the Trojans.

Go TROY!