PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the Pizza Bowl?

GoTroyGo1
11-24-2010, 08:16 AM
FIU finishes 7-5. Troy and FAU go 6-6. Who gets to go to Detroit? I can't see more than 1,000 fans from us or FAU showing up. I just hope Troy doesn't end up even losing money on that deal. On the bright side, we may be a little better next year if we even have a shadow of a defense.

Hemi Man
11-24-2010, 08:23 AM
My guess would be one of the Florida teams. If those are the three choices the New Orleans Bowl would take Troy due to attendance. Troy would take 10,000 people pretty easily. The Florida schools struggle to get 10,000 at home. New Orleans Bowl isn't required to take the champ, as long as the champ is accommodated elsewhere.

GoTroyGo1
11-24-2010, 08:40 AM
I would hope so, who wants to go to Detroit for christmas? If Troy gets to go to New Orleans, they better play the game of their life. I'm hoping we can go down to Florida and get that last "W". Maybe this team will get some momentum this weekend. Hopefully, they don't have to go 15 rounds with WKU, we need to jump out early on the' Toppers and go for the knockout.

Hemi Man
11-24-2010, 08:50 AM
WKU has a very good ground game. Our Dline is small up front. Hopefully Sidell will be back this week and our Dline can contain their run game and give us an opportunity to win.

Mr. Ho
11-24-2010, 09:50 AM
FIU finishes 7-5. Troy and FAU go 6-6. Who gets to go to Detroit? I can't see more than 1,000 fans from us or FAU showing up. I just hope Troy doesn't end up even losing money on that deal. On the bright side, we may be a little better next year if we even have a shadow of a defense.

Hot news flash....TMTDM loses money on any bowl game they attend as do 90% of the team that play in bowl...the reall winner is the high school band that UCF-Boca rents for their bowl game...

Detroit is better than where SWLa or ND40 are going...and they put on very special Christmas with Childrens Hospital

troyjohn06
11-24-2010, 12:02 PM
Detroit is better than where SWLa or ND40 are going...

very, very true. any bowl game is better than none at all

Buzz Lightyear
11-24-2010, 12:17 PM
My guess would be one of the Florida teams. If those are the three choices the New Orleans Bowl would take Troy due to attendance. Troy would take 10,000 people pretty easily. The Florida schools struggle to get 10,000 at home. New Orleans Bowl isn't required to take the champ, as long as the champ is accommodated elsewhere.

If we are eligible........and if ULM gets eligible......I doubt weed be goin to NAWLINS......so Go.seewhodbeyourdaddy bowl.......or Birmingham bowl without the CUSA officials......Pizza Bowl giant fiasco for anyone wanting to go..

Tums
11-24-2010, 12:21 PM

ULM is also likely to be 6-6 with a win @ home over ULL this weekend. I am thinking ULM to NOLA. Troy to GOdaddy. FIU to Detriot. The NOLA & GODADDY only have to take the conference champ if that team does not have a bowl offer. The Contracts were made that way so the Champ could go opt to a BCS bowl. However in this case it may be used to get the bowls their best attendance.

OwlFamily
11-24-2010, 01:28 PM
If by some miracle FAU wins out and is Bowl elligible Id bet FAU would be in the Pizza bowl in Detroit.

Having played the MCB up there and having numerous games in Michigan already FAU is a known name up there. Howards name still looks good on TV sets and now with Rusty Smith getting lots of press as the Titans starting QB, FAU would probably be the best "TV" choice.

Everyone knows that no one from the Sun Belt schools are going to travel well to Detroit right before Christmas.

I personally dont see it happening as I think we will lose to you guys. Other then 07 Troy just has our number, much like we have FIU and UNT's.

troyfan
11-25-2010, 11:30 PM

I'm saying Troy finishes 7-5 and goes to godaddy as co champs of the Belt. MTSU helps Troy out and beats FIU next week.

tr_oj_ans
11-26-2010, 12:16 AM
It's still possible for the Belt to have 4 bowl eligible teams, so I hope the BBVA Bowl (previously Papa Johns) in B'ham is also available for the conference. I'll be pulling for GT over UGA, and UK over UT, which would leave the SEC with only 8 eligible teams to fill a minimum of 9 bowls. If the SEC gets 2 teams into BCS games, only one of the two mentioned has to lose to leave a spot open in B'ham.