PDA

View Full Version : FULL-PAGE Trojan Football Advertisement in SEC Preview...

Chris
07-28-2005, 02:58 AM
Hey, just started the board (I previously posted once or twice as Des_TROY_er), so I'm not up on what has and has not been discussed in the past.

Just wondered if you guys had seen the attached photo? I was flipping through Lindy's Southeastern Edition football preview, and came across this smack dab in the middle on page 107. Looks very nice I think. It's the biggest advertisement I've seen from Troy - ever....and I think it made for good visibility with the SEC base.

Is this old news? If photo doesn't show up, go to http://www.geocities.com/griggsy930/TrojanFootball.JPG
If THAT doesnt work, go to http://www.geocities.com/griggsy930/index.html and it's on there as well. Sorry...just have never done this before.
http://www.geocities.com/griggsy930/TrojanFootball.JPG

faithintsu
07-28-2005, 06:24 AM
I had seen it already in the magazine, but dont think its been published on the board yet.

Trojan_Army
07-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Chris,

Thanks for posting the pic, hadn't seen it yet, boy it makes me hungry for some Trojan football. Can't wait for the season to start.

TrojanWar
07-28-2005, 01:58 PM
That's a great ad!

Lord-Mustang
07-29-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm glad that we are getting out in the publications, but honestly can't wait until the days we see names on that list like Notre Dame, USC, Texas, Oregon, Virginia, Penn State, Iowa, and so on for those home games. Mizzu was just the start and as we roll through Div 1A, things take shape that will make Troy, a potential BCS Dark Horse. To use one of the most coined phrases, "Stay the Course" and our dreams will be realized.

Chris
07-29-2005, 01:01 AM
I'm glad that we are getting out in the publications, but honestly can't wait until the days we see names on that list like Notre Dame, USC, Texas, Oregon, Virginia, Penn State, Iowa, and so on for those home games. Mizzu was just the start and as we roll through Div 1A, things take shape that will make Troy, a potential BCS Dark Horse. To use one of the most coined phrases, "Stay the Course" and our dreams will be realized.

From looking at future schedules, it seems we'll be playing prominent SEC teams alot (Florida, UGA, S. Caroline are a few I remember). I think Troy's geographical location makes it a great non-conference game for SEC and maybe even some Big East schools (USF?) The upside of that is that Troy will normally be picked to lose against these big names...so losses will won't hurt much...but WINS? Let's just say that alot of people noticed the Mizz game. My sincere desire right now is not so much that Troy becomes an annual top 25 regular (it will take years to become THAT established.) No, all I ask is that every year we can take down one or two big names and become - like you say - a BCS dark horse. One of the most appealing things for me about Troy is the aura of underdog ass-kicker. I love it!

Navarre Trojan
07-29-2005, 06:36 AM
[Chris wrote: My sincere desire right now is not so much that Troy becomes an annual top 25 regular (it will take years to become THAT established.) No, all I ask is that every year we can take down one or two big names and become - like you say - a BCS dark horse. One of the most appealing things for me about Troy is the aura of underdog ass-kicker. I love it!]

I would like to see us win the Sunbelt annually and then everything else takes care of itself. We continue to build and go bowling every year, those "years to become THAT established" will shorten greatly...

Go Trojans.[/quote]

Troy87
07-29-2005, 07:45 AM
As Lord-Mustang wrote, "Stay the course"...I think this has to be the mindset we all (fans and administrators) have to take right now.

As long as we keep doing the thing we have been doing, the football program (as well as all other athletic and academic endeavors) will follow. Idaho St, Fresno St & Marshall are all respected programs now because they have played with the big boys, taken a few W's from them and gotten some national recognition.

In comparison, with the possible exception of Marshall, I think we have moved into national recognition much faster than most other schools like Fresno St. and Idaho St. Marshall had a leg up by entering into a conference immediately upon arrival into DI-a and the MAC was considerably weaker than it is today. And Marshall made that conference stronger. By and large, we are following a similar path except we moved into a conference three years late. We have a chance to set a standard for the conference. N. Tx has reigned (sometimes by default) for four years, and now it's our turn. If you had told me five years ago we would be trying for our 2nd consecutive bowl game in our fifth official year as a DI-A program, I would not have believed it.

We seem to be much ahead of the originally envisioned timetable for the football program. Our other sports programs still have some catching up to do, and the conference affiliation will help enormously.