PDA

View Full Version : Comment from USC fan

trojanblood
11-21-2010, 03:36 AM
http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?s&threadid=140943&name=Troy Vent Thread

This was quite funny actually. BLOW SOTS!!!

BMarkey
11-21-2010, 10:09 AM
At least our band won bigtime!
http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=140996

MusicMan
11-21-2010, 03:25 PM
I find it funny how they keep comparing themselves to other SEC school's band, but IMHO SEC schools are actually kinda bad. LSU was good, FL's ok, GA, is pretty good, but Auburn and Million Dollar Band especially aren't really worth listening too. I was visiting a friend in Auburn one day and happened to catch their band rehearsing Paint It Black and I didn't even recognize the song until the last few bars, and that's one of my favorites.

troy4ever21
11-22-2010, 08:20 PM
SEC bands are terrible compared to Northern and Western bands. The only worth while SEC bands are Tennessee, LSU, and Georgia.

FliryVorru
11-23-2010, 04:45 PM
SEC bands are terrible compared to Northern and Western bands. The only worth while SEC bands are Tennessee, LSU, and Georgia.

As a former member of an SEC band I have to agree, but change that to Auburn and LSU. Auburn was pretty garbage 10 years ago but now it's becoming quite a band. LSU has always been good, in spite of the stereotype against large bands.

Tennessee is only good at one song: Rocky Top. One time they played it 79 times in the same game. Really.

And Georgia is by far the most over-rated band ever... maybe Oklahoma's band can beat it out in that category, but it's neck and neck.

MusicMan
11-23-2010, 08:29 PM
We don't have much room to talk, we do nothing but play the "shorties" but we don't let there be much silence in the game, so that's a good thing. When I heard Auburn, three years ago, and even though it was at practice, they sounded like garbage. Not sure if it was the first time they were reading the chart, but they were putting in on the field to march so I'm not sure

Bamcubz
11-25-2010, 11:10 PM
The Band keep the memento going when there are time outs or just a lag in the game. I for one enjoy listening to them during the game, I sit in the student section, hoot & holler for my daughter playing with SOTS :thumb:

Lowbacca
11-27-2010, 11:35 AM
That we have to work around the tempo of the offense. My first two years, we had a huddle offense and a lot more time between plays. When we switched to the no huddle spread, we found we only had time to play when they moved the chains or at time outs. Even using the "Shorties" (Which some are only 15 seconds long) we STILL have to cut them off early to not interrupt the snap-count.

redwaver
01-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Having been a player at Troy years ago and not talented so much musically, I feel unqualified here to have an opinion but with that said, IF there is a better band out there ANYWHERE I would really love to hear it. We don't lose many football games and almost never a halftime show!!! Go Sound of the South!!!!!!