PDA

View Full Version : Corey Robinson INT's

GoTroyGo1
11-20-2010, 10:57 PM
He had 2 picks 6's today. I am guessing that is because he was playing against an SEC defense , but he has struggled for the last few games. He has shown some real flashes of talent this year though, the kid has a live arm for sure and I am hoping he can have a good outing against Western next week, we could sure use it.

BMarkey
11-20-2010, 11:02 PM
He is nowhere near as accurate as he was a few games ago. He looks rattled. That pick-6 before the half: Just take the sack or throw it into the sideline! I wish we had a more experienced QB to show him the ropes.

GoTroyGo1
11-20-2010, 11:09 PM
The guy has the physical tools for our level of play no doubt about it. He just needs a little "coaching up" to learn how to make better decisions. We really are missing Levi this year, he was a special player for us, just hope he gets a chance in the NFL.

TFan
11-21-2010, 12:33 AM
The guy has the physical tools for our level of play no doubt about it. He just needs a little "coaching up" to learn how to make better decisions. We really are missing Levi this year, he was a special player for us, just hope he gets a chance in the NFL.

Levi WAS special and overlooked early on, who knows why?? Cory is inexperienced at this level; he needs a year to prove out. The program needs a back-up immediately of he does not prove out.

TroyTrojans2003
11-21-2010, 01:45 AM
thats why I was super pissed when LB totally ignored Jenkins (the JUCO from MS Gulf Coast) and I can see why he left the team because if I were a talented quarterback and was told I would be wildcat only, what would you do. Look at Jenkins highlights on youtube.com. So what are we gonna do if Robinson happens to get hurt? Call up Brock Nutter from the corn fields?

GoTroyGo1
11-21-2010, 02:02 AM
Someone on here said that Barnes from Ft Walton Beach was a good looking prospect for the next few years. We could use the depth. If , god forbid, Robinson went down, who do we have, Chandler?

tr_oj_ans
11-21-2010, 02:06 AM
thats why I was super pissed when LB totally ignored Jenkins (the JUCO from MS Gulf Coast) and I can see why he left the team because if I were a talented quarterback and was told I would be wildcat only, what would you do. Look at Jenkins highlights on youtube.com. So what are we gonna do if Robinson happens to get hurt? Call up Brock Nutter from the corn fields?

I think they did the right thing with Jenkins in just being honest. He made the decision to leave and I wish him well, but what if Levi had left when he was first passed over? Cory could have gone down at any point this season giving Jenkins an opportunity to prove himself. Life's a gamble.

Hemi Man
11-21-2010, 02:06 AM

Did you happen to see any of spring or fall camp? Jenkins wasn't even in the running. There is a reason they call those videos, highlight videos.

TroyFootball05
11-21-2010, 02:49 AM
Did you happen to see any of spring or fall camp? Jenkins wasn't even in the running. There is a reason they call those videos, highlight videos.

I was there too. Robinson was clearly the best QB on the field. Jenkins was incomplete pass after incomplete pass. But it's no use hemi, these guys "know their football." They know what goes on behind the scenes better than anyone, clearly...

TroyTrojans2003
11-21-2010, 09:19 AM
yep exactly, and what is out there ISNT working, CLEARLY!:censored:

Hemi Man
11-21-2010, 11:15 AM
yep exactly, and what is out there ISNT working, CLEARLY!:censored:

If you think this team would be better with Jenkins at quarterback, you are out of your ever loving mind.:confused: But, I mean that in the nicest possible way.

pelliott
11-21-2010, 05:08 PM
The offense is as fundamentally BAD and the D IMO - Yes, they have scored 30+ points - but so has every other team competing against the teams we have played - so drink some more O Kook Aid - but fundamentally - they have to improve

wrden
11-22-2010, 12:23 AM
what ever happened to Tanner Jones?

GoTroyGo1
11-22-2010, 03:28 AM
The offense is moving the ball down the field pretty well. Total yardage and 1st downs have been respectable, even against S Carolina. Turnovers have been a killer. S Carolina is a quality team, we gave them the ball 5 times and they scored all five times, that is what good teams do. I would say we have an average to slightly above average offense for all of FBS. The "D" though is not any better than some Division II teams, I honestly don't think we could stop very many FCS teams if we played them. It all adds up to us being 5-5.

TroyTuba
11-22-2010, 09:54 AM
what ever happened to Tanner Jones?

Tanner's knees got blown up and he hung up the cleats, but he still had eligibility and when all the stuff hit the fan when Jamie broke his leg - they told Tanner to check out some equipment again.

JonesOxygen
11-22-2010, 10:43 AM
He is the one sending in the plays with the uniform on, not the orange shirts

trojanbrutha
11-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Tanner's knees got blown up and he hung up the cleats, but he still had eligibility and when all the stuff hit the fan when Jamie broke his leg - they told Tanner to check out some equipment again.

I really think you meant blew out his knee...although I believe it was a second torn ACL