PDA

View Full Version : From 1996...

Teddy65
11-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Fire Larry Blakeney! We just got our butts whipped by Montana 70-7. He has lost his fire. His better days are past. If we want to move to the next level, we will need someone with new energy. He can take his staff with him too. They are just a bunch of bums that enjoy defeat. This staff will never get our program back to the winning performance we have gotten used too.

This aweful defeat can only be redeamed by a new staff. My prediction is that if we don't make changes, we will drop back to Division 2.

Wake up Trojans. Quit defending them. Time will prove that I am right and all you Kool-Aid drinkers that defend our coaches will be wrong. Changes must come now!!!

Mike: I don't know anything about that sarcasm icon, but I hope ithis post will be pretty obvious.

Dothan_Trojan97
11-20-2010, 10:58 PM
As tough as that 70-7 loss was to Montana, I didn't question the effort, gameplan, or staff in that game. I remember watching that game feeling like Montana had the greatest home field advantage ever! Troy looked like a fish out of water trying to play on that frozen field in the snow. Montana was a very good team that year, but I have always believed that if we played that game in Troy it would have been a competitive game. Didn't you guys change cleats a couple of times in that game trying to find some "traction?"

newnan trojan
11-20-2010, 10:59 PM
Interesting post. I don't think LB should be fired. But something has to change this off season that's for sure!

goe1975
11-20-2010, 11:01 PM
...the tradition of taking a major ass whipping during big games continues 14 years later. Congratulations, Coach.

GoTroyGo1
11-20-2010, 11:03 PM
That was a semi-final game in the pre "body bag " years. I honestly think time has taken its toll on LB, it happens to every man no matter what walk of life he is from.

goe1975
11-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Montana was a very good team that year, but I have always believed that if we played that game in Troy it would have been a competitive game. Didn't you guys change cleats a couple of times in that game trying to find some "traction?"

Yep that game was colder than a well diggers....wasn't that the same year Marshall beat Montana in the championship game?

Dothan_Trojan97
11-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Yep that game was colder than a well diggers....wasn't that the same year Marshall beat Montana in the championship game?

Yes.

goe1975
11-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Yes.

That must have been the Chad Pennington/Randy Moss dynamic duo. Man those guys could light it up.

fanatic
11-21-2010, 01:59 AM
I wish everyone would take a step back and realize that LB is our program. No LB, no viable program. LB is the reason why the program is where it is today. There is no dispute about that. Fire LB? Who and the hell would take the job? If they do take it and have some success, what then? They would jump ship for the next best thing as soon as possible.

We have to face the fact that we are not a desirable program...yet. We are not in a desirable conference...yet. We are not even a full decade into D-1, and we feel that the most successful coach in our history is not what it should be? As far as the assitants? I don't know, but I do know we are missing a lot of cogs that are supposed to be in our wheels. How many potential starters are not on the team, ineligible, or injuried right now? In my opinion we lost our steam along with the unquestionable team leader versus Middle Tennessee (J.Hampton). I don't believe we have a vocal leader on the team....now.

Also, I hope everone realizes that we are due a down year. How many Sunbelt titles have we won/shared in a row now?....No, I'm really asking, I've lost count now. Get BEHIND LB! He's an Evil Freakin' Genius! He didn't go to Evil Genius school for nothing!

Teddy, I remember the week of practice leading to the Montana game. If I'm correct we practiced some that week in the stadium with loud disturbing music and sounds coming from the speakers all week. Only if they could have brought in snow machines! And I don't think it was Pennington connecting with Moss. I believe it was some former Florida QB. Pennington was the starting QB when we played them 12-13 to the first half in 98. By the end of the 3rd quarter it was 48-12 and the back-up QB came in....Byron Leftwhich. What a relief!

Trojans1andAll
11-21-2010, 02:11 AM
I forgave that loss to Montana. Montana went out the night before and iced that field, its a fact. Southeast boys playing on a 100 yard hockey rink doesn't work out. I've always wanted to invite the "Grizz" down to ol' T-Roy for a late August/early September game, say...and 11:00am kickoff? ; }

But now, lets just wait a couple of years.......

TroyFootball05
11-21-2010, 02:14 AM
I wish everyone would take a step back and realize that LB is our program. No LB, no viable program. LB is the reason why the program is where it is today. There is no dispute about that. Fire LB? Who and the hell would take the job? If they do take it and have some success, what then? They would jump ship for the next best thing as soon as possible.

We have to face the fact that we are not a desirable program...yet. We are not in a desirable conference...yet. We are not even a full decade into D-1, and we feel that the most successful coach in our history is not what it should be? As far as the assitants? I don't know, but I do know we are missing a lot of cogs that are supposed to be in our wheels. How many potential starters are not on the team, ineligible, or injuried right now? In my opinion we lost our steam along with the unquestionable team leader versus Middle Tennessee (J.Hampton). I don't believe we have a vocal leader on the team....now.

Also, I hope everone realizes that we are due a down year. How many Sunbelt titles have we won/shared in a row now?....No, I'm really asking, I've lost count now. Get BEHIND LB! He's an Evil Freakin' Genius! He didn't go to Evil Genius school for nothing!

Teddy, I remember the week of practice leading to the Montana game. If I'm correct we practiced some that week in the stadium with loud disturbing music and sounds coming from the speakers all week. Only if they could have brought in snow machines! And I don't think it was Pennington connecting with Moss. I believe it was some former Florida QB. Pennington was the starting QB when we played them 12-13 to the first half in 98. By the end of the 3rd quarter it was 48-12 and the back-up QB came in....Byron Leftwhich. What a relief!

Great post, welcome to the board. LB is what makes Troy special. Without him we will be reduced to what every other sunbelt team gets year in and year out - no consistancy and mostly 4-8 and 5-7 years.

Florida_Trojan
11-21-2010, 09:09 AM
...the tradition of taking a major ass whipping during big games continues 14 years later. Congratulations, Coach.

HAHAHAHHAHA. That was a good one.