PDA

View Full Version : Decision time

chipshot
11-20-2010, 03:30 PM
We need to make a decision at Troy. As I see it we have just a few choices: 1) we need to send a statement out to our alumni and fans stating that we will never play for what Alabama and Auburn play for so it is okay to cheer for them while we try and beat the best of the worst ten teams in the FBS and pretend to be a D1 team or 2) we state that we are in existence to win exactly what Alabama and Auburn are trying to achieve and take the necessary steps to relay that intent or 3) we continue to act as if beating the worst ten teams in football somehow makes us a success and continue wondering why our alumni do not support the program. This dismantling is not the fault of JR or KE (at least they tried to game plan) this is the fault of a mind frame that says we are not capable of competing with the best. This is what happens when you give into the “good try” and the “free ride” crowd. This is what happens when you do not demand excellence from not just the players on the field but from the coach that leads them. The free rides should come to an end. No excuses no exceptions. The LB clause must be cancelled. Dependence is NOT the same thing as loyalty. Time to remove the tired old Auburn weights that are drowning our university and allow our program to advance successfully into the future. Otherwise we give into the excuse makers and the “aw shucks we are just little ole Troy” crowd.

Mr. Ho
11-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Chipshot, until you are ready to spend $20 million a year on football...then "the aw shucks we are little ol"Troy" rule will still apply.

chipshot
11-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Wow amazing how your racist persona doesn't show up sometimes...contrary to what Auburn folks want you to believe you can have a successful program without buying players. Every time someone argues that we can have better coaches for a price you are admitting LB is not the living legend that you claim from the other side of your mouth.

playfailstoogain
11-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Well - I have made my decision.

You and the dude in Guam are indeed clueless.

Have a good day.

-PFTG.

tr_oj_ans
11-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Chipshot, until you are ready to spend $20 million a year on football...then "the aw shucks we are little ol"Troy" rule will still apply.

Did we blow games against LSU, CMU, USM and others because we lack 20 mil. The answer is "no". Did Boise start it's run to greatness with money. The answer is "no". Ask countless failing AQ conference teams if money is the sole answer to winning and they will tell you "no". Do we need more monetary support for our program? Yes, but that is not the only factor in winning games.

chipshot
11-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Well - I have made my decision.

You and the dude in Guam are indeed clueless.

Have a good day.

-PFTG.

Wow...try stating a few facts next time along with your apologist excuse making opinion. Wait you can't because the Trojan Nation refuses to close its eyes any longer.

Trojan by Blood
11-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Little Man Ho don't know his ho from a ho in the ground. You have to get past him and his type in order to advance to where Troy should be. A great example is in 2004 Troy had the material and should have been undefeated that year. The only thing that kept them was that they did not have the leadership to make the team believe that they were as good as they actually could have been.

playfailstoogain
11-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Wow...try stating a few facts next time along with your apologist excuse making opinion. Wait you can't because the Trojan Nation refuses to close its eyes any longer.

Here is a very simple fact that even you and Guamboy seem to overlook.
Neither the Trustees, nor the Administration, nor the Athletic Director share your opinion. Until then you will be relegated to simply being a simple annouyance to be heard from only when things are seemingly at their "worst".

We are not moving down a division, we aren't firing LB, and the only one making decisions on firing football assistant coaches is LB.

Facts are simple but stubborn things - and these are the facts.

chipshot
11-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Wow ... since SD (you do remember him from the 90s Auburn scandal right?) and the BOT (including someone named Milton) will not fire him means that any discussion of the obvious is irrelevant? May be time to replace more than just a coach.

playfailstoogain
11-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Wow ... since SD (you do remember him from the 90s Auburn scandal right?) and the BOT (including someone named Milton) will not fire him means that any discussion of the obvious is irrelevant? May be time to replace more than just a coach.

WOW - does that tinfoil make your head itch?

chipshot
11-20-2010, 04:22 PM
you are the typical apologist on this board...no real response to anything of substance just a shallow vessel sinking under the weight of your own ignorance.

Florida_Trojan
11-20-2010, 04:25 PM
"facts are stubborn things."--John Adams.
Excellent quote, pal.

playfailstoogain
11-20-2010, 04:29 PM
"facts are stubborn things."--John Adams.
Excellent quote, pal.

Thanks - John Adans is an often under appreciated patriot. And I doubt he would have agreed with Chipshot very often either.

chipshot
11-20-2010, 04:32 PM
John Adams probably had to much honor to ever associate with a caught on tape Auburn cheat much less kiss his backside as you choose to. BTW you did an excellent job trying to derail the substance of the thread but the obvious need to change direction remains.

Florida_Trojan
11-20-2010, 04:34 PM
BTW. Im neutral in this fight. Was just acknowledging the Adams quote :)

playfailstoogain
11-20-2010, 04:35 PM
you are the typical apologist on this board...no real response to anything of substance just a shallow vessel sinking under the weight of your own ignorance.

Better than a small man with a personal ax to grind with neither the abilityn or the resourses to do anything about it - there is a reason you only come out when things seem dire - it gives you an oppertunity to trumpet your cause. There is only one shallow person participating in this discussion.

chipshot
11-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Wow...again no substance and even worse like of insight or intelligence in your response. I am truly amazed you can even read with your view from his rectum.

playfailstoogain
11-20-2010, 04:54 PM
That's all you got?

chipshot
11-20-2010, 04:58 PM
You and all the apologists have absolutely nothing left. You ask people to refuse to believe their own lying eyes. You have nothing...so I do not need much. But even without need evidence is beyond refute to any measure.

TroyBandDad
11-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Exactly how is all of this fan vs. fan sniping going to help a young team that is in a slump? The fighting and snide remarks on the board are disgusting. It is a rebuilding year. They happen. The team is fighting for a bowl game right now and that's important to the school, financially and otherwise.

The facts are that Troy still has a shot at a bowl game and 8 wins in a rebuilding year. I had hoped they would win today. They didn't. Sportsmanship involves more than just celebrating wins. It involves supporting your team and being cordial to your fellow fans. It is time to grow up a little and get behind the team through the end of the season and then bicker as much as you want during the off season.

chipshot
11-20-2010, 05:16 PM
How exactly is this burying one's head in the sand and thinking winning the Sunbelt means anything thing going to help fill the stadium next year with more Troy jerseys than Alabama and Auburn jerseys? How is saying a coach only is given credit for success but is shielded from exposure from losses going to help anyone achieve anything? The bickering you see is from fans that see the image of Troy as an institution vs those that see Troy as an individual. Time for even those with Dad in the username to deal with reality and not confuse support of the university with support of an ineffective employee.

TSU-Baggs
11-20-2010, 05:20 PM

Ho, for the love of GOD, please give that excuse a rest. If someone came up with $20M you'd still come up with another lame excuse of why we can't get any better coaches.

Like I posted before, LB has done great things for this program. But what I saw today lacked coaching leadership. Maybe not from him, but definitely from his assistants. What did they teach these young men from last week's humiliating loss at HC? Not much. We fumble on the kickoff, poor hiking, poor ball handling, poor tackling, where is the fundamentals ladies and gentlemen? This is from the coaches, all of them. This is a team, and the coaches are part of this team, too. It can’t be all blamed on inexperienced players. That’s what coaches are suppose to do – teach those with inexperience on how to improve their skills so they can become better. Especially after 10 weeks….we have not seen improvement, it has gotten WORSE. So, I ask whose fault is that? This is the worse team I have seen since we have become division 1A, bar none. Sure we have a lot of young talent, but like up prior, we have NOT improved week to week, we have gotten worse with most of the same players who started the season.

I was at the game and saw a very sloppy, hesitant and unmotivated team. Even at the end of the game on our last drive we had over 2 mins left. What did we do, we run 5 running plays, winding the clock down as much as possible between each play. All Larry wanted to do was get off the field. We were all there in the stands still cheering, band still playing, trying to motivate and show some pride for our boys. So, why not try and score again to give the team some pride? No, we put our heads down, bury them in the sand and crawl out of there with our tail between our legs. Oh, yeah, and there was even more great time management when we had the ball late in the first half and we were driving. We had all 3 time outs, not one used. Yeah, I guess that's the coaching we want…. the give up kind.

I’m not for change for change sake, but when things aren’t improving, and it’s been 4 to 5 years now of the same thing, (choking on the big games, blowing big leads only to lose in the end) something has to give/change. If not, we will become the mediocre team and will never move to the next level. I don’t want that for Troy, do you? And for all you “FACT” people out there who like to spout off about facts. Here’s a few more - people (fans in this case) don’t like to associate with losers. That’s a fact. If Troy isn’t winning, our fan base will decrease, less people will show up for home games, less will travel to away games, recruits will avoid accepting bids to come to Troy and less money will be donated to Troy’s athletic association…these are all FACTS.

chipshot
11-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Ho, for the love of GOD, please give that excuse a rest. If someone came up with $20M you'd still come up with another lame excuse of why we can't get any better coaches.

Like I posted before, LB has done great things for this program. But what I saw today lacked coaching leadership. Maybe not from him, but definitely from his assistants. What did they teach these young men from last week's humiliating loss at HC? Not much. We fumble on the kickoff, poor hiking, poor ball handling, poor tackling, where is the fundamentals ladies and gentlemen? This is from the coaches, all of them. This is a team, and the coaches are part of this team, too. It can’t be all blamed on inexperienced players. That’s what coaches are suppose to do – teach those with inexperience on how to improve their skills so they can become better. Especially after 10 weeks….we have not seen improvement, it has gotten WORSE. So, I ask whose fault is that? This is the worse team I have seen since we have become division 1A, bar none. Sure we have a lot of young talent, but like up prior, we have NOT improved week to week, we have gotten worse with most of the same players who started the season.

I was at the game and saw a very sloppy, hesitant and unmotivated team. Even at the end of the game on our last drive we had over 2 mins left. What did we do, we run 5 running plays, winding the clock down as much as possible between each play. All Larry wanted to do was get off the field. We were all there in the stands still cheering, band still playing, trying to motivate and show some pride for our boys. So, why not try and score again to give the team some pride? No, we put our heads down, bury them in the sand and crawl out of there with our tail between our legs. Oh, yeah, and there was even more great time management when we had the ball late in the first half and we were driving. We had all 3 time outs, not one used. Yeah, I guess that's the coaching we want…. the give up kind.

I’m not for change for change sake, but when things aren’t improving, and it’s been 4 to 5 years now of the same thing, (choking on the big games, blowing big leads only to lose in the end) something has to give/change. If not, we will become the mediocre team and will never move to the next level. I don’t want that for Troy, do you? And for all you “FACT” people out there who like to spout off about facts. Here’s a few more - people (fans in this case) don’t like to associate with losers. That’s a fact. If Troy isn’t winning, our fan base will decrease, less people will show up for home games, less will travel to away games, recruits will avoid accepting bids to come to Troy and less money will be donated to Troy’s athletic association…these are all FACTS.

I hope I do not destroy your credibility by saying one word but here goes: AMEN.

Florida_Trojan
11-20-2010, 05:29 PM
I concur. :thumb:

TroyBandDad
11-20-2010, 05:30 PM
How exactly is this burying one's head in the sand and thinking winning the Sunbelt means anything thing going to help fill the stadium next year with more Troy jerseys than Alabama and Auburn jerseys? How is saying a coach only is given credit for success but is shielded from exposure from losses going to help anyone achieve anything? The bickering you see is from fans that see the image of Troy as an institution vs those that see Troy as an individual. Time for even those with Dad in the username to deal with reality and not confuse support of the university with support of an ineffective employee.

First, I have never seen a single instance where turning a staff upside down with 2 (hopefully 3) games left in the season has ever done a team any good. Second, I've never seen more Alabama and Auburn jerseys in the stadium than Troy jerseys. Not even close. And its not going to happen next year. Third, thanks for the personal shot because I'm a dad, but I'll smile it off and turn the other cheek. Keep in mind though that dads send a lot of money to Troy University and spend a lot of money on Troy Athletics, making the facilities and programs we have now possible. I want Troy to be competitive just as much as you. Fourth, I support the university, its employees and students, not one person here or one person there. I simply do not believe that during the season is the time to upend a football staff. And that is a matter of looking ahead and making the best of the situation instead of burying my head and thinking creating more confusion for the players is going to solve all our worries. We need to get behind the team and win out and go to a bowl. And regardless of what you think, bowl games do matter. They provide money. They provide exposure (win or lose).

chipshot
11-20-2010, 05:39 PM
First, I have never seen a single instance where turning a staff upside down with 2 (hopefully 3) games left in the season has ever done a team any good. Second, I've never seen more Alabama and Auburn jerseys in the stadium than Troy jerseys. Not even close. And its not going to happen next year. Third, thanks for the personal shot because I'm a dad, but I'll smile it off and turn the other cheek. Keep in mind though that dads send a lot of money to Troy University and spend a lot of money on Troy Athletics, making the facilities and programs we have now possible. I want Troy to be competitive just as much as you. Fourth, I support the university, its employees and students, not one person here or one person there. I simply do not believe that during the season is the time to upend a football staff. And that is a matter of looking ahead and making the best of the situation instead of burying my head and thinking creating more confusion for the players is going to solve all our worries. We need to get behind the team and win out and go to a bowl. And regardless of what you think, bowl games do matter. They provide money. They provide exposure (win or lose).

First never did I say fire him right now. If you know anything about Troy (from the AD through the BOT) it will take a process. But seeing as I do not see how he is contributing not sure how much disruption it would cause. Could the team be anymore confused? Second, never assume you are the only Dad. Many of us are Dads that contribute heavily to our university. Many of us have been season ticket holders for over 20 years that have supported the team continuously. All of us want our team to win every game but some of us demand those that are responsible (you can tell them by the paycheck) for the team on the field do the job.

BDM88
11-20-2010, 05:40 PM

Well Said! Look at another Young team that struggled early and is now poised if they win the last two game to go to a Bowl. Tennessee looked like an FCS team early on and now they have grown up. I have seen as you said little to no improvement from this team. And That is why I want change.

TroyBandDad
11-20-2010, 05:53 PM
First never did I say fire him right now. If you know anything about Troy (from the AD through the BOT) it will take a process. But seeing as I do not see how he is contributing not sure how much disruption it would cause. Could the team be anymore confused? Second, never assume you are the only Dad. Many of us are Dads that contribute heavily to our university. Many of us have been season ticket holders for over 20 years that have supported the team continuously. All of us want our team to win every game but some of us demand those that are responsible (you can tell them by the paycheck) for the team on the field do the job.

Ok, yes, you said "Decision Time" which leads to the natural belief that you support firing him now. And yes, I do believe the team could be a lot more confused. Second, I never said I was the only dad. I was simply responding to your slap at me for being one by pointing out some obvious facts about what dads (and moms too, for that matter) do for Troy University. Finally, of course coaches should be held responsible for their performance. And the time to do that is the end of the season. But, and I emphasize this, holding coaches responsible should be based on a season and career of real facts, not personal grudges or falsehoods (like last week's claim that obscenities had been hurled at a fan).

chipshot
11-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Ok, yes, you said "Decision Time" which leads to the natural belief that you support firing him now. And yes, I do believe the team could be a lot more confused. Second, I never said I was the only dad. I was simply responding to your slap at me for being one by pointing out some obvious facts about what dads (and moms too, for that matter) do for Troy University. Finally, of course coaches should be held responsible for their performance. And the time to do that is the end of the season. But, and I emphasize this, holding coaches responsible should be based on a season and career of real facts, not personal grudges or falsehoods (like last week's claim that obscenities had been hurled at a fan).

Yes it is decision time. No I do not believe any coach should be replaced in the middle of a season. Second, you never stated what dads and moms do for the university. They do a lot. Third, did you ever wait to point out the errors of your child months after they occurred? Of course not. Third, point out a personal grudge or falsehood. Last week the guy sitting right next to the parent involved on this board stated what happened. Fourth, as time passes memories diminish and the excuse makers take over. I am sure if you waited to admonish your child for some transgression for months without at least at the time stating your displeasure, then when judgment came it would be an "aw shucks do not do it again" instead of true parenting.

Texas Trojan
11-20-2010, 06:14 PM
You like to beat your chest about facts. Let's look at some:

You hate the Sun Belt.

You think nothing of our conference mates.

You think being a top-notch D-1 program just requires a fat wallet.

You obviously hate Blakeney.

You have all the patience of Minute Rice.

Losing, while we all hate it, brings out some kind of special spolied-kid phobia in you that makes me believe you probably have bad memories about your toilet training.

Now, fact boy, lets throw a few more out there.

Blakeney and only Blakeney is the reason Troy has had the success it has had in the last decade. Of course, you don't call that success, and you dismiss it because it does not jive with your "LB sucks" mantra.

We are not real good this year. Firing LB, Rowell, Edenfield or Dr. Hawkins is not going to change that this year. We just do not have the talent that AQ schools in bigger confefences do. What we do have is young. It will get better.

I have to assume you are BlazerUnit in disguise. You make about as much sense.

TroyBandDad
11-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Yes it is decision time. No I do not believe any coach should be replaced in the middle of a season. Second, you never stated what dads and moms do for the university. They do a lot. Third, did you ever wait to point out the errors of your child months after they occurred? Of course not. Third, point out a personal grudge or falsehood. Last week the guy sitting right next to the parent involved on this board stated what happened. Fourth, as time passes memories diminish and the excuse makers take over. I am sure if you waited to admonish your child for some transgression for months without at least at the time stating your displeasure, then when judgment came it would be an "aw shucks do not do it again" instead of true parenting.

Look, its obvious we disagree so that's just what we are going to have to do. As for the profanity claim made last week. It did not happen. I was there (one of the few left in the home stands by that point) and it simply didn't happen. And I promise you, every word the coach said could be heard quite well. To quote a better writer, "You believe what you want. I'll believe what I know." I can't comment on what is being said to coaches off the field and behind closed doors. I don't know and you don't either. Anyway, here's hoping the rest of the season is better. Adios.

chipshot
11-20-2010, 06:28 PM

You hate the Sun Belt.

Losing, while we all hate it, brings out some kind of special spolied-kid phobia in you that makes me believe you probably have bad memories about your toilet training.

Blakeney and only Blakeney is the reason Troy has had the success it has had in the last decade. Of course, you don't call that success, and you dismiss it because it does not jive with your "LB sucks" mantra.

We are not real good this year. Firing LB, Rowell, Edenfield or Dr. Hawkins is not going to change that this year. We just do not have the talent that AQ schools in bigger confefences do. What we do have is young. It will get better.

First, you are correct I dislike the Sunbelt if your only reason for existing is to beat the best of the worst ten teams. Sunbelt membership requires you win your OCC games. Second, our conference mates make up the the bottom of the FBS so dominating them means nothing without OCC wins. Third, I do not think it takes a "fat wallet" just the opposite I think it takes competence. Fourth, I do not HATE LB. I acknowledge he drew in money to this university thereby helping it grow. Fifth, he has been here 20 years by definition I believe that is patience.

Now your supposed facts. First, you cannot state we are here because of LB. We were moving up whether or not he was here. He helped but anyone in that position would have. Second, I never blame players. I blame the paychecks. If LB had been implementing his offense and defense all these years I would not even complain. Don in basketball has implemented his style for 29 years with mixed results but it is his style. We are dependent on coordinators for the actual style and that's a big difference. Go back and look at what Bowden did at FSU and tell me it can't be done here. It can but it takes people who actually believe it can be.

Finally, I just love all you apologists that state "facts" without ever really stating one.

Texas Trojan
11-20-2010, 06:37 PM
First, you are correct I dislike the Sunbelt if your only reason for existing is to beat the best of the worst ten teams. Sunbelt membership requires you win your OCC games. Second, our conference mates make up the the bottom of the FBS so dominating them means nothing without OCC wins. Third, I do not think it takes a "fat wallet" just the opposite I think it takes competence. Fourth, I do not HATE LB. I acknowledge he drew in money to this university thereby helping it grow. Fifth, he has been here 20 years by definition I believe that is patience.

Now your supposed facts. First, you cannot state we are here because of LB. We were moving up whether or not he was here. He helped but anyone in that position would have. Second, I never blame players. I blame the paychecks. If LB had been implementing his offense and defense all these years I would not even complain. Don in basketball has implemented his style for 29 years with mixed results but it is his style. We are dependent on coordinators for the actual style and that's a big difference. Go back and look at what Bowden did at FSU and tell me it can't be done here. It can but it takes people who actually believe it can be.

Finally, I just love all you apologists that state "facts" without ever really stating one.

I'm going to state one last, undeniable fact. If you think you are in an argument with an idiot ... so is he.

See you next thread.

Sorrell 1887
11-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Seriously. Most of ya'll on this board are out of your minds. We. Are. Not. A . Real. Division. I. Team. Shocked yet? Here's another. Neither is anyone else in our conference. Our record does not matter until we can manage to play outside the SunBelt consistently without getting dismantled. I'm not calling for any coach to be be dismissed, nor am I willing to offer a solution to our problems (bring on the detractors that are sure to cry about me complaining without providing a viable solution; heads up guys; if I could, I'd probably be doing it for the school and getting paid for it... but I'm not so I guess you win - or maybe you don't, depending on your major and what you actually do for a living...) All I do know is this; We are irrelevant and always will be. We have an enrollment that is REALLY small(please don't bring up our online enrollment), even when compared to our sub-par conference and have no metropolitan area to grow off of. Enjoy the South Alabama Show. And I'm spent...
BTW I dontate every year and am a member of the Alumni Assoc. / Season ticket holder. Just realistic.

chipshot
11-20-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm going to state one last, undeniable fact. If you think you are in an argument with an idiot ... so is he.

See you next thread.

Nice talking to ya Forrest.

Texas Trojan
11-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Seriously. Most of ya'll on this board are out of your minds. We. Are. Not. A . Real. Division. I. Team. Shocked yet? Here's another. Neither is anyone else in our conference. Our record does not matter until we can manage to play outside the SunBelt consistently without getting dismantled. I'm not calling for any coach to be be dismissed, nor am I willing to offer a solution to our problems (bring on the detractors that are sure to cry about me complaining without providing a viable solution; heads up guys; if I could, I'd probably be doing it for the school and getting paid for it... but I'm not so I guess you win - or maybe you don't, depending on your major and what you actually do for a living...) All I do know is this; We are irrelevant and always will be. We have an enrollment that is REALLY small(please don't bring up our online enrollment), even when compared to our sub-par conference and have no metropolitan area to grow off of. Enjoy the South Alabama Show. And I'm spent...
BTW I dontate every year and am a member of the Alumni Assoc. / Season ticket holder. Just realistic.

... you make good points, and you agree with Chipshot?

Gotta agree, we have needed to get more OOC wins for a few years now. And that would be quickest way to getting a national rep. I am equally clueless as to how to do that.

And welcome to the board!

TroyUfan
11-20-2010, 06:54 PM
My gosh, you are talking about a HC that has won or tied four straight conference championships. Regardless of what anyone thinks about the Sun Belt and the significance or insignificance of winning it, Troy football can get worse with a head coaching change. It might, that is might, get better with a change. But it can get much worse. Just look around at the number of programs, and significant universities as Troy, that would jump to have Troy Trojans results over the last few years. Larry Blakeney as head football coach at Troy has more than earned, yes earned, the right to right this ship over the next year or two.

tr_oj_ans
11-20-2010, 07:03 PM
My gosh, you are talking about a HC that has won or tied four straight conference championships. Regardless of what anyone thinks about the Sun Belt and the significance or insignificance of winning it, Troy football can get worse with a head coaching change. It might, that is might, get better with a change. But it can get much worse. Just look around at the number of programs, and significant universities at that, that would jump to have Troy Trojans results over the last few years. Larry Blakeney as head football coach at Troy has more than earned, yes earned, the right to right this ship over the next year or two.

The ONLY problem I have with LB is his open statement that JR will not be held accountable. For him to state, halfway through the season, that he will fire himself before the leader of one of the worst defenses in the country rubs me entirely the wrong way. My only hope is that he is just showing mid-season support for his guy, and really has plans to make a change when the season expires. I will not ignore what my eyes are seeing every Saturday with this defense. Our problems don't even come close to starting with the lack of personnel. My honest opinion of JR is that he couldn't take an all-star SEC defense and make them successful in the SBC. Yes, that bad.

TroyFootball05
11-20-2010, 07:08 PM
My honest opinion of JR is that he couldn't take an all-star SEC defense and make them successful in the SBC. Yes, that bad.

2004, 2006, 2007, and 2008 were very successful years under jeremy rowell, and we didn't have an all-star SEC Defense. But whatever you say.

tr_oj_ans
11-20-2010, 07:17 PM
2004, 2006, 2007, and 2008 were very successful years under jeremy rowell, and we didn't have an all-star SEC Defense. But whatever you say.

So you don't mind fielding one of the worst defenses in the country for 2 straight years?

I don't have the stats in front of me, but 06, 07, and 08 were adequate. I think I remember the highest total defense as 55th in the country in that time frame.

TroyFootball05
11-20-2010, 07:24 PM
So you don't mind fielding one of the worst defenses in the country for 2 straight years?

I don't have the stats in front of me, but 06, 07, and 08 were adequate. I think I remember the highest total defense as 55th in the country in that time frame.

55th, 44th, and 33rd. Those aren't bad. 04 was pretty good too, dont have the stats book either. Just shoving your comments about him not being able to do it back to you. Because he can, and has, with lesser talent.

I hate that we've had such terrible defense the last two years. But you guys will do anything to avoid blaming the kids for anything. Lets hand them pillows and chocolates, because nothings their fault. We'll just get their mommies to come in defend them. You'll do anything but look at some of the factors that have gone into this.

We're not playing as a team. This is a team game and getting rid of rowell will not fix this. getting rid of Larry will not fix this. The best thing we can do is regroup next year and hope things get better. This team has fallen apart but yall are so intent upon blaming one of two guys.

tr_oj_ans
11-20-2010, 07:39 PM
55th, 44th, and 33rd. Those aren't bad. 04 was pretty good too, dont have the stats book either. Just shoving your comments about him not being able to do it back to you. Because he can, and has, with lesser talent.

I hate that we've had such terrible defense the last two years. But you guys will do anything to avoid blaming the kids for anything. Lets hand them pillows and chocolates, because nothings their fault. We'll just get their mommies to come in defend them. You'll do anything but look at some of the factors that have gone into this.

We're not playing as a team. This is a team game and getting rid of rowell will not fix this. getting rid of Larry will not fix this. The best thing we can do is regroup next year and hope things get better. This team has fallen apart but yall are so intent upon blaming one of two guys.

That's not bad at all a couple of years ago if those numbers are right...not that I doubt you. Now back to the present problem. If I saw one or two guys not covering there assignments, I'm with you. I see only one or two guys actually playing defense. It's almost like we've gone and taught them how "not" to play defense. How not to tackle. How not to fight through blocks. How not to keep your composure in difficult situations. All of our players were very talented coming out of high school believe it or not. Pretty much all of them were, at a minimum, all county/area at there perspective schools. How did they all of the sudden forget how to play football. Coaches are ultimately responsible for all of these things and we're failing miserably at all of them plus some. So without using the injury/ineligible excuse, what is the problem in your opinion?

TroyBandDad
11-20-2010, 08:08 PM
That's not bad at all a couple of years ago if those numbers are right...not that I doubt you. Now back to the present problem. If I saw one or two guys not covering there assignments, I'm with you. I see only one or two guys actually playing defense. It's almost like we've gone and taught them how "not" to play defense. How not to tackle. How not to fight through blocks. How not to keep your composure in difficult situations. All of our players were very talented coming out of high school believe it or not. Pretty much all of them were, at a minimum, all county/area at there perspective schools. How did they all of the sudden forget how to play football. Coaches are ultimately responsible for all of these things and we're failing miserably at all of them plus some. So without using the injury/ineligible excuse, what is the problem in your opinion?

I'm curious. How much do you think the turnovers are playing into the defensive problems? Today, for example, we had so many turnovers so fast, the defense was going back out quickly with barely a chance for any coaching between the plays.

tr_oj_ans
11-20-2010, 08:22 PM
I'm curious. How much do you think the turnovers are playing into the defensive problems? Today, for example, we had so many turnovers so fast, the defense was going back out quickly with barely a chance for any coaching between the plays.

Turnovers are a huge part of any game in which they exist, but they do happen. I see where you're going, and yes they did cost us the game today. Would it be too much to ask a defense to just touch the opposing rb on his way into the end zone? Our response to adversity this year is apathetic at best. Nobody on the sideline is mad, or appear to be affected in any way by the problems. Clap hands, smack butt and send them back in to make the same mistake again. Our defense used to make goal line stands on a pretty regular basis. Now, if a team is in the red zone, its a touchdown. We could save everyone a lot of trouble and just move the goal line to our 20 yd line. I think we're dead last in red zone defense in the belt.

edit: I'll correct myself. After today we'll be 7\8th in the belt in red zone defense.

TroyBandDad
11-20-2010, 08:28 PM
Turnovers are a huge part of any game in which they exist, but they do happen. I see where you're going, and yes they did cost us the game today. Would it be too much to ask a defense to just touch the opposing rb on his way into the end zone? Our response to adversity this year is apathetic at best. Nobody on the sideline is mad, or appear to be affected in any way by the problems. Clap hands, smack butt and send them back in to make the same mistake again. Our defense used to make goal line stands on a pretty regular basis. Now, if a team is in the red zone, its a touchdown. We could save everyone a lot of trouble and just move the goal line to our 20 yd line. I think we're dead last in red zone defense in the belt.

I do agree with you on that. Something is not clicking there. I noticed last week that the defense came out and played much better after half-time, but we have to do something to stop games from getting out of control, which is what has happened the last two weeks. And the turnovers aren't helping at all.

BMarkey
11-20-2010, 10:56 PM
If you look at the big picture from the last few years, you see teams that appear to play without heart or discipline, coaches with no apparent fire, little or no ability to make in-game adjustments, horrendous game collapses, decreasing attendance, less competitive OOC games, a degenerating defense.

Yet, we hear no one is being fired. I guess everything is fine.

As far as switching coaches mid-stream, it is not wise. But most of us could have coached this team to allow 124 points in two games.

Nice post Baggs.

Hemi Man
11-21-2010, 01:45 AM
The ONLY problem I have with LB is his open statement that JR will not be held accountable. For him to state, halfway through the season, that he will fire himself before the leader of one of the worst defenses in the country rubs me entirely the wrong way. My only hope is that he is just showing mid-season support for his guy, and really has plans to make a change when the season expires. I will not ignore what my eyes are seeing every Saturday with this defense. Our problems don't even come close to starting with the lack of personnel. My honest opinion of JR is that he couldn't take an all-star SEC defense and make them successful in the SBC. Yes, that bad.

Did it ever occur to you that he gave JR that vote of confidence because he is well aware of what goes on behind the scenes with this team? Strange concept I know. I know some of you think youy know exactly what is wrong and how to fix it. But, as an apologist and tree hugger (clearly you have never met me) I'm going to go with LB's plan and not yours.

Trojans1andAll
11-21-2010, 01:58 AM
Did it ever occur to you that he gave JR that vote of confidence because he is well aware of what goes on behind the scenes with this team? Strange concept I know. I know some of you think youy know exactly what is wrong and how to fix it. But, as an apologist and tree hugger (clearly you have never met me) I'm going to go with LB's plan and not yours.

Okay, just playing devil's advocate here. What would you have to see and how many times would you have to see it before you thought you might be wrong?

tr_oj_ans
11-21-2010, 01:58 AM

I think I covered some of your concerns in the original post. All I'm concerned about is accountability. I have no personal grudges or issues with anyone on this staff. I believe that if honest evaluation actually takes place, a change will be inevitable. That's my opinion. I'll always support the Trojans regardless.

TroyFootball05
11-21-2010, 02:07 AM

I agree 100%.

Hemi Man
11-21-2010, 02:14 AM
Okay, just playing devil's advocate here. What would you have to see and how many times would you have to see it before you thought you might be wrong?

Doesn't matter if you don't know what you are seeing from a technical standpoint. If I asked you on the deep touchdown pass that had against what coverage were we running and who was responsible for the man that caught it could you tell me? I can guarantee that LB and JR know what happened. Things aren't as simple as they seem sometimes.

TroyFootball05
11-21-2010, 02:26 AM
Basically what it boils down to is a bunch of pre-med undergrad students trying to tell a DOCTOR that's been in the field 20 years what he's doing wrong. A bunch of people with zero experience at the D1A level trying to tell someone who's coached Troy for 20 years how to do his job.

Here's the equivalent: You're a parent, and your 13 year old tells you to shut up, you're a bad parent and you have no idea how to raise a child. I can smoke cigarettes, brad does and his parents don't care, if you were a good parent like brad's, you'd let me do what i feel like doing.

You guys are the 13 year olds who know how to be a better parent, and demand they reform to your way of doing things. I wonder who's wrong in that situation? hmm...

That's what you guys sound like. I'm not even half way kidding. People come on this site and say what are these guys thinking? Because many of you have zero experience and yet you mhave all the answers on how to run an FBS program.

tr_oj_ans
11-21-2010, 02:34 AM
Basically what it boils down to is a bunch of pre-med undergrad students trying to tell a DOCTOR that's been in the field 20 years what he's doing wrong. A bunch of people with zero experience at the D1A level trying to tell someone who's coached Troy for 20 years how to do his job.

Here's the equivalent: You're a parent, and your 13 year old tells you to shut up, you're a bad parent and you have no idea how to raise a child. I can smoke cigarettes, brad does and his parents don't care, if you were a good parent like brad's, you'd let me do what i feel like doing.

That's what you guys sound like. I'm not even half way kidding. People come on this site and say what are these guys thinking? Because many of you have zero experience and yet you mhave all the answers on how to run an FBS program.

If you saw a doctor who was preparing for a spleen operation begin to cut off the patients foot, would you know that something wasn't right? For the most part, very general problems are being discussed. I might not be able to diagnose a spleen problem, but I can darn well tell you that cutting off someone's feet won't solve the problem.

TroyFootball05
11-21-2010, 02:41 AM

Yeah, but see, every FBS school has those all state/all county players. What seperated us from the rest was our top notch talent at the top. And like I said we lost almost 22 defensive players (Barry McKnight said this) since febuary, compared to the usual 3 or 4. Not to mention we only had 3 of 11 returning starters before those 22 fell out.

I'm not trying to mean, but do you honestly believe that has no impact? Sure, we've had adversity before, but not like that. We also had two people quit the team. Contrary to popular belief, a coaches job shouldn't be based on whether he can overcome that much adversity. I'm not much for making excuses, but my god everyone has a breaking point. There's a point where everything just snaps and it effects the entire team chemistry. I honestly believe that's what happened.

22 Players is two entire strings for those of you counting. If any team were to lose two entire strings, mostly first team and second team players, they would falter too. You can't magic wand that. Everyone wants to ignore the facts and turn a blind eye to adversity. You cannot overcome two full strings of defense gutted out from under the team.

We're playing a lot of 3rd string freshman and sophmores. Everyone's trying to learn their part but there's no consistency because with injuries to an already depleted defense, people aren't starting 5 and 6 weeks in a row. Rowell and LB don't have a magic glue of cohesion to makes everything better.

tr_oj_ans
11-21-2010, 02:49 AM
Yeah, but see, every FBS school has those all state/all county players. What seperated us from the rest was our top notch talent at the top. And like I said we lost almost 22 defensive players (Barry McKnight said this) since febuary, compared to the usual 3 or 4. Not to mention we only had 3 of 11 returning starters before those 22 fell out.

I'm not trying to mean, but do you honestly believe that has no impact? Sure, we've had adversity before, but not like that. We also had two people quit the team. Contrary to popular belief, a coaches job shouldn't be based on whether he can overcome that much adversity. I'm not much for making excuses, but my god everyone has a breaking point. There's a point where everything just snaps and it effects the entire team chemistry. I honestly believe that's what happened.

22 Players is two entire strings for those of you counting. If any team were to lose two entire strings, mostly first team and second team players, they would falter too. You can't magic wand that. Everyone wants to ignore the facts and turn a blind eye to adversity. You cannot overcome two full strings of defense gutted out from under the team.

Look, I don't mind meeting in the middle on things. I'm certain that if we had more bodies, we would be performing better. I just can't understand people who see absolutely nothing wrong with anything that our staff has done this year.

Here's one to ponder. How many players that started the MT game were not available for the FIU game? Honestly not sure, but I don't think that it is many on the defensive side of the ball. Why such different performances? I don't believe the FIU is THAT much better than MT.

TroyFootball05
11-21-2010, 02:53 AM
Look, I don't mind meeting in the middle on things. I'm certain that if we had more bodies, we would be performing better. I just can't understand people who see absolutely nothing wrong with anything that our staff has done this year.

Here's one to ponder. How many players that started the MT game were not available for the FIU game? Honestly not sure, but I don't think that it is many on the defensive side of the ball. Why such different performances? I don't believe the FIU is THAT much better than MT.

I'm with you on that. Trust me. I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong. I think everyone, as a team has made their fair share of mistakes. What I don't like is as soon as someone breaks off a huge run, people want to throw one guy under the bus, when there's clearly other things to blame here. It's not so much a scheme issue when 22 players you were counting on to play, aren't playing. How do you scheme for that? I feel his pain, really, I do. He hasn't been perfect at all, but he's been dealt a really crappy hand, and no one cares. THAT'S what bothers me. Throw one guy under the bus. It's not going to fix anything.

As far as MTSU is concerned. We played a really good game, but I also think it's possible they might have a mental block when they play us. Like when we play ULM. I'm not trying to take away from the win, but also consider that MTSU isn't really that good either, they lost to Memphis and Minnesota, who until last week, MTSU was their only win.

tr_oj_ans
11-21-2010, 03:01 AM
I'm with you on that. Trust me. I'm not saying he didn't do anything wrong. I think everyone, as a team has made their fair share of mistakes. What I don't like is as soon as someone breaks off a huge run, people want to throw one guy under the bus, when there's clearly other things to blame here. It's not so much a scheme issue when 22 players you were counting on to play, aren't playing. How do you scheme for that? I feel his pain, really, I do. He hasn't been perfect at all, but he's been dealt a really crappy hand, and no one cares. THAT'S what bothers me. Throw one guy under the bus. It's not going to fix anything.

As far as MTSU is concerned. We played a really good game, but I also think it's possible they might have a mental block when they play us. Like when we play ULM. I'm not trying to take away from the win, but also consider that MTSU isn't really that good either, they lost to Memphis and Minnesota, who until last week, MTSU was their only win.

No, MT is not what we thought they would be, but I saw fire in THAT team. We are not much different, personnel wise, now. So I have a hard time giving the staff a pass on preparation.
Last week was preparation G, and this week was definitely preparation H.

TroyFootball05
11-21-2010, 03:01 AM
If you saw a doctor who was preparing for a spleen operation begin to cut off the patients foot, would you know that something wasn't right? For the most part, very general problems are being discussed. I might not be able to diagnose a spleen problem, but I can darn well tell you that cutting off someone's feet won't solve the problem.

Respectfully, I just don't think it's that general. I think what we see on the outside is the simplified version of something much mroe complex. What it is, I don't know, I just think it's not as simple as things look. And if by cutting off someone's feet, you mean firing the coaches, then I agree.

TroyFootball05
11-21-2010, 03:04 AM
No, MT is not what we thought they would be, but I saw fire in THAT team. We are not much different, personnel wise, now. So I have a hard time giving the staff a pass on preparation.
Last week was preparation G, and this week was definitely preparation H.

hahaha, nice touch. I'll agree to some extent that the wheels truely are falling off. But I don't think it's time to fire anybody. I think a good offseason combined with good recruiting, and we can put this behind us. Everything's taken a toll on everyone, coaches included, they're all human. For the most part, these are the same coaches that lead us to four sunbelt championships. I know we shouldnt be satisfied with just that, but firing the coaches won't get us to that level. I really don't think that's up for debate. I don't see how anyone can think a replacement for LB can do it. Just look at the rest of the sunbelt, and southern miss.

tr_oj_ans
11-21-2010, 03:10 AM
Respectfully, I just don't think it's that general. I think what we see on the outside is the simplified version of something much mroe complex. What it is, I don't know, I just think it's not as simple as things look. And if by cutting off someone's feet, you mean firing the coaches, then I agree.

I think you over read me a little on the feet analogy. A fan can only get so much information. I think I've now found replays for all but one game and have had some very painful viewing sessions this year. It will be what it will be. None of us will have any say about it, so it really doesn't matter a whole lot what we think I guess.

From your other post....I don't really want to see LB go anywhere, but I do not see a "net negative" for replacing JR. Maybe we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Florida_Trojan
11-21-2010, 08:54 AM
If you look at the big picture from the last few years, you see teams that appear to play without heart or discipline, coaches with no apparent fire, little or no ability to make in-game adjustments, horrendous game collapses, decreasing attendance, less competitive OOC games, a degenerating defense.

As far as switching coaches mid-stream, it is not wise. But most of us could have coached this team to allow 124 points in two games.

Nice post Baggs.

I support the comments from my colleague from Florida. :thumb:

Florida_Trojan
11-21-2010, 08:56 AM

And my "tree hugger" comment was just a friendly jab. Hope you didnt take offense, as none was intended. :thumb:

Hemi Man
11-21-2010, 11:12 AM
And my "tree hugger" comment was just a friendly jab. Hope you didnt take offense, as none was intended. :thumb:

Not offended at all. I find it difficult to be offended by a message board. However, the people on this board that do know me will tell you tree hugging isn't one of my passions.:wave:

reded
11-21-2010, 01:20 PM

Chipshot, I didn't notice any facts in your initial statement. There seemed to be accusations, suggestions and conclusions just like the folks that have responded to your post. I'm assuming that you have posted your opinions anticipating a positive response from other posters. The results must be disappointing to you. I for one can not accept a proposition that excludes all possibilities other than dismissing the head coach. In addition, there is little, if anything that you could do to affect a change. If that were the case, judging by your prior posts, LB would have been gone sometime ago. Troy's winning or losing is only a life and death matter if one chooses to make it so. Since there is no concrete evidence that the football teams success has neither enhanced nor diminished the value of my degree, I believe I'll keep it on the light side and treat Troy football as it was originally intended; that is as a game. Personally, I'm disgusted with the team's performance and venting on this board has been greatly beneficial to me. I can't envision, and this is strictly my opinion, letting an event or series of events such as this season,given it's cosmic relevance, stress me to the point that interferes with my life or health. FWIW

TroyBandDad
11-21-2010, 02:21 PM
The coaches, players and fans need to show up ready for a Trojan War next weekend. If Troy falls flat against Western Kentucky... I don't even want to think about it.

The Red Wave
11-21-2010, 02:43 PM

Nice post Baggs.

Are you headed to the Field House ? If you "could have coached this team to allow 124 points in two games".....then please by all means come on. I thought you were a photographer not a coach , but I guess I was wrong. Cant wait to see what changes you make by Saturday. BTW, can you send your Resume' where/who you coached ?

MusicMan
11-21-2010, 03:05 PM
I heard an interesting comment the other day. Someone was telling me that some of the players were "Playing like crap to get coaches fired"...does anyone else buy into this story? (Not saying that I do, I think they're just making excuses)

honestjarvis
11-21-2010, 03:09 PM

You hate the Sun Belt.

Do I here an AMEN from your now CHIP****

BMarkey
11-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Have the guts to come on here with your real name, so people can make fun of you through personal attacks, and then I'll send you my resume.

Are you headed to the Field House ? If you "could have coached this team to allow 124 points in two games".....then please by all means come on. I thought you were a photographer not a coach , but I guess I was wrong. Cant wait to see what changes you make by Saturday. BTW, can you send your Resume' where/who you coached ?

Even your misguided head could have coached the defense to a 124-point series.

pkf4troy
11-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Have the guts to come on here with your real name, so people can make fun of you through personal attacks, and then I'll send you my resume.

I have found it funny for a long time that you have no problem throwing the personal attacks towards any one poster, coach or player but let someone attack you, you get your tight panties in a wad.

Mr. Ho
11-21-2010, 06:47 PM
I have found it funny for a long time that you have no problem throwing the personal attacks towards anyone poster, coach or player but let someone attack you, you get your tight panties in a wad.

You noticed that too...but seriously, you should see how he reacts when they jump on him on the UCF-Boca message board.

The Red Wave
11-21-2010, 07:25 PM

The field house turned down your request to get press credentials so you can't get on the sideline to coach......what was I thinking ? As for me coaching.....forget it. I leave it to those who do it for a living as opposed to fans fantasizing they are qualified to coach.

BMarkey
11-21-2010, 09:27 PM
You will find no instances of personal attacks by me that were not responses to attacks upon me. I won't start it but also will not take it lightly.

I am very careful not to personally name players or even coaches and have not even called for Blakeney to be replaced. I have only advocated change.

Show me one instance of anyone jumping on me on the FAU board. I rarely even post there. As usual, you are fact-challenged.

The fieldhouse does not issue press credentials. Wrong there, again.

Few of you have the guts to use your real names. You're very brave with your words when they are backed by nothing.

Burn the Horse
11-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Hey guys, can we get over ourselves and stop infighting? I'm ready to talk about the Hilltoppers. There will be plenty of time in the offseason to argue over all of this other stuff.

pkf4troy
11-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Few of you have the guts to use your real names. You're very brave with your words when they are backed by nothing.

Preston Frazier.......next

MusicMan
11-21-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm with BTH I'm sick of hearing about all this crap, the drama comes in the offseason

Mr. Ho
11-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Preston Frazier.......next

The Drew Champlin...next

The Red Wave
11-21-2010, 10:08 PM
You will find no instances of personal attacks by me that were not responses to attacks upon me. I won't start it but also will not take it lightly.

I am very careful not to personally name players or even coaches and have not even called for Blakeney to be replaced. I have only advocated change.

Show me one instance of anyone jumping on me on the FAU board. I rarely even post there. As usual, you are fact-challenged.

The fieldhouse does not issue press credentials. Wrong there, again.

The name is Cosmo....Cosmo Kramer.

TrojanWarrior418
11-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Ok I know I'm probably going to get another "warning" for this but that's cool with me.

Let me just address one little thing about our "infighting" I think it is very hypocritical for posters on here to say they cannot critize Rowell or Blakeney because they have never been I-A football coaches and therefore don't really know what is going on. And all the compairsons to doctors, parents, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Well if you honestly believe that then you can never critize President Obama because when have YOU ever been President of the United States?

You cannot critize truckers who cut you off on the Interstate because when have YOU ever driven an 18-wheeler?

You cannot critcize the cook at Sante Fe that your steak isn't cooked just right because when have YOU cooked several hundred meals for customers on a Saturday night?

So believe me this is a two-way street I think some of you don't need to go down. So if you want Rowell gone then you want Rowell gone. If you want Rowell around then you want him around. I feel everyone has made their case and no matter what we think it ain't going to amount to a hill of beans because Blakeney is going to do what he wants to do no matter who says anything. Because as my uncle told me at an early age opinions are like buttholes, everybodys got one and they all stink.

Florida_Trojan
11-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Ok I know I'm probably going to get another "warning" for this but that's cool with me.

Let me just address one little thing about our "infighting" I think it is very hypocritical for posters on here to say they cannot critize Rowell or Blakeney because they have never been I-A football coaches and therefore don't really know what is going on. And all the compairsons to doctors, parents, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Well if you honestly believe that then you can never critize President Obama because when have YOU ever been President of the United States?

You cannot critize truckers who cut you off on the Interstate because when have YOU ever driven an 18-wheeler?

You cannot critcize the cook at Sante Fe that your steak isn't cooked just right because when have YOU cooked several hundred meals for customers on a Saturday night?

So believe me this is a two-way street I think some of you don't need to go down. So if you want Rowell gone then you want Rowell gone. If you want Rowell around then you want him around. I feel everyone has made their case and no matter what we think it ain't going to amount to a hill of beans because Blakeney is going to do what he wants to do no matter who says anything. Because as my uncle told me at an early age opinions are like buttholes, everybodys got one and they all stink.

Ill sign up for that :thumb:

TroyFootball05
11-22-2010, 10:53 AM

That's simply an issue of don't start none, won't be none. All we get is how we're morons for being apologists. It is a two way street, you're absolutely correct. But we're being instigated a thousand times more than we start things. I guess people got tired of being called morons and idiots.

Also, it's really easy to know if you got cut off on an interstate by a trucker, and if you're steak is bad. It's not easy to see the problems inside an organization. You're comparing issues that are common sense to issues that are not that simplified.

And truly, I don't mind criticism of coaches with peoples thought and opinions, what does bother me is when people are blatent a-holes about it. That's what bothers me. Because then people start thinking with their emotions, and all logic goes out the window.

Florida_Trojan
11-22-2010, 03:03 PM
That's simply an issue of don't start none, won't be none. All we get is how we're morons for being apologists. It is a two way street, you're absolutely correct. But we're being instigated a thousand times more than we start things. I guess people got tired of being called morons and idiots.

Also, it's really easy to know if you got cut off on an interstate by a trucker, and if you're steak is bad. It's not easy to see the problems inside an organization. You're comparing issues that are common sense to issues that are not that simplified.

And truly, I don't mind criticism of coaches with peoples thought and opinions, what does bother me is when people are blatent a-holes about it. That's what bothers me. Because then people start thinking with their emotions, and all logic goes out the window.

Not a bad point, sir. Im all for your "two way street" policy. i would LOVE to see LB and Rowell go, but Im not going to call someone "stupid" or "idiotic" for disagreeing with me. This would be a boring board if we all agreed on everything.

I have used the word "apologists," but never as a personal attack on anyones character.
:thumb: