PDA

View Full Version : Troy Cablevision & ESPNU

kiwan
07-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Just spoke with Troy Cable, they did not sound optimistic about getting ESPNU. They said negotiations were still going on, but they do not want the cable rates to go up again.

NCMeanGreen
07-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Just spoke with Troy Cable, they did not sound optimistic about getting ESPNU. They said negotiations were still going on, but they do not want the cable rates to go up again.

That sucks! Aren't you guys on, like, 4 ESPNU games this season. So, not everyone in Alabama can get ESPNU?

littlebittyschool
07-26-2005, 11:42 AM
Me got Direct TV. Me anted up for the ESPNU package. Me happy.

TrojanWar
07-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Me have Dish. Me can't see the tiny program menu on Directv...even on me big screen. Me hate not being able to watch TV and scroll through the channel listing at the same time on Directv. Me hate Directv. Me love Dish, but hating not having ESPNU.

Seriously, what a load of crap for ESPN to only offer this channel on Directv and no other satellite or cable provider. It will bite them in the ass if something is not done.

Trojan1998
07-26-2005, 04:12 PM
TrojanWar, your post reminded me of Mr. Ho. Where is Ho? He's been conspicuously absent for quite a while on this forum. Either the egg roll business has kept him too busy to post, or he's just silently lurking around this board waiting for the season to start before he posts again. Or maybe he's on a sabatical to the Orient.

TU/JSU Fan
07-27-2005, 09:50 AM
I called when ESPNU first came on the air and they hadn't even heard about it at Troycable... Not much faith in them right now.

Michael

TrojanWar
07-27-2005, 10:20 AM
TrojanWar, your post reminded me of Mr. Ho.

Just playing off of what littlebitty started.

TU Rob
07-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Me got Direct TV. Me anted up for the ESPNU package. Me happy.

Ante up is right. Right now, you either have to pay 90 a month for the premium package, which includes the U. Or you can get it in a sports package for $13 a month. I might consider doing that. If my current bill were not already in the 60s. I have the 4 room package, and they charge an extra $5 a month for each additional box, plus some charge for TIVO on my main box.

Nickel and dime you. Same everywhere.