PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one complaining about this?

kiwan
07-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Sept 3rd Troy vs. Cal Poly 6:00 pm
Alabama vs. MTSU 6:00 pm
Auburn vs. GA Tech 7:45 pm
All at home all at the same time=5,000 in Movie Gallery Stadium!
Sept 10th Alabama vs. So MISS 6:45 pm
Troy vs. UAB 7:00 pm
=15,000 at Movie Gallery Stadium
Thats all I have for now, sorry for the whining.

Navarre Trojan
07-21-2005, 08:42 AM
I don't care who's in Tuscaloosa or Auburn!! Do you think the Auburn FANS are complaining that Alabama is playing a home game on the same Saturday as they are?

Either your a Troy Fan or your not.... If your not, go to the Plains or the lossa, if you are, I will see you in Troy, AT ALL THE GAMES, NO MATTER WHAT TIME THEY PLAY

Go Trojans

TrojanWar
07-21-2005, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I would say you will be the only one complaining. Last year, everyone (including me) complained because the September and early October games were all in the afternoon when it was scorching hot. It's going to be nice playing in the evening at The Gallery. As far as only 15k showing up for the UAB game, you have lost your mind. That very well may end up being our first sell out. I think we will have about 20k for Cal-Poly just because it is the first game and the Trojan fans are ready for football season to start.

kiwan
07-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Thanks for your feedback. I still don't think there is anyway the UAB game will be a sellout though.

ThePowerMan
07-21-2005, 09:42 AM
I think kiwan is somewhat right. I am a Trojan Fan "for better or worse", but there is still the reality that some Trojan fans are both fans of Troy and one of the other schools. The games that are mentioned probably will not have much impact on Trojan attendance. But if they were playing a big SEC school game.....watch out.

However, I agree with TrojanWar. Cal Poly is the first game of the year. Atleast 20K will show and UAB Will be a sellout. There is alot of expectations from the Blazer fans and they will also show up. It WILL sell out.

TUFAN
07-23-2005, 11:36 PM
I can't see 20K for Cal-Poly, I would guess 12 to 15K (not including band day kids) would be a good turn-out, hope I am wrong. UAB, I look for 25K.

jt45
07-24-2005, 09:38 AM
I can't see 20K for Cal-Poly, I would guess 12 to 15K (not including band day kids) would be a good turn-out, hope I am wrong. UAB, I look for 25K.

A fair amount of UAB alum's and current students will make the trip down for the game. It should be a good crowd.

Trojans1andAll
07-24-2005, 11:28 AM
I think some of the UA'sB fans aren't going to show just to try to hurt our attendance...but I know that sounds kind of 'out there'. Then again, we're talking about UA'sB fans. If they don't show its probably because they want to spare themselves the long drive back to Birmingham after the blazers get beaten down in Troy.

GO TROJANS!