PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Pep Band at UNT

PensacolaTrojan
11-07-2010, 10:25 AM
The UNT fans had a lot to say about our Pep Band last night. Here is an example....

I have always wondered why our band always sounds so muffled and unenthusiastic. The Sound of the South showed the Green Brigade up last night, plain and simple. The were louder, more excited, into "the game", and just sounded better. They had fun...

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56800&st=15

Great job!

BleedingCardinal
11-07-2010, 11:15 AM
The pep band sounded good on the radio! I would have hated to take the full Sound of the South over there or they'd be ready to fire their band director. One person on their board suggested that we were miked. To that I say thank you. We'll take that as a compliment.

troy4ever21
11-07-2010, 11:32 AM
They keep saying we play the same 5 songs over and over again. So did their band. You can't play 1 and 2 minute songs between plays, it's impossible. The songs I think their referring to are our "stand shorties". Every college band has them and they use them just like we do.

TSU-Baggs
11-07-2010, 11:40 PM
The pep band sounded good on the radio! I would have hated to take the full Sound of the South over there or they'd be ready to fire their band director. One person on their board suggested that we were miked. To that I say thank you. We'll take that as a compliment.

Was at the game Saturday night and the pep band sounded great! They were loud, proud and full of enthusiasm.

Nice job SOTS!

jgrimsley
11-08-2010, 12:28 AM
We are never ever miced and when Florida's stadium crew came up to us last year asking us if we wanted mics Mr. Ford declined. We don't need them. :thumb:

It would stink to be in a college band that had to use microphones to be heard in a stadium... :rolleyes:

JPSousa1898
11-08-2010, 12:56 AM
What are microphones for in the stands in marching band? to tell the fans what the next cheer is? for the band to hear the drum major call the next cheer?

Mics are for lazy bands!

BLOW SOTS! WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN MICS!

BMarkey
11-08-2010, 10:10 PM
They're ripping Troy pretty well over there.

As for miked bands: Miami, Florida.

newnan trojan
11-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Well maybe if their band would actually travel to TROY once in a while we could have nice things to say about them.....I cant remember the last time a visitor band has ever came to TROY for a game.

troy4ever21
11-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I've been here since Spring 08 and the only bands that have come in the last three years have been Alcorn St, UAB, and MTSU.

MusicMan
11-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I wish they would bring their band to TROY! I find it funny that they're bashing us all over their board, but none of them really have the marbles, quoting Major League II, to come over and say some of this on our boards.

BleedingCardinal
11-09-2010, 04:36 PM
I think the main issue is people are defending their band, but they're doing it at the expense of questioning our music program. I'm fine with them defending their program, but it is not necessary to say that the school of music at Troy is obsolete. Plus, the consensus over there is that our pep band was better than their entire band, so I don't think anyone should come over here and say anything.

troy4ever21
11-09-2010, 04:38 PM
:thumb:

MusicMan
11-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Yea, but we haven't had a lot of fighting on here lately about SOTS and I'm getting kind of worried about it, oh well I guess. Dr. Walker said something about not going over there at practice today, so I guess that I'll just get my kicks watching other people argue about who's the bigger fan on here.

TroyTuba
11-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Pep band must have dusted them and they feel threatened......our pep ban has played home bands several times in our short history of sending them to football games.

Troytrojan2009
11-10-2010, 03:21 PM
I've been here since Spring 08 and the only bands that have come in the last three years have been Alcorn St, UAB, and MTSU.

Yeah I remember Alabama State brought their band in 2006 and I think FAU did in 2007. I really wish more Belt bands would come to Troy. I would assume it's lack of funding.

TroyTuba
11-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Wow, just read that 8 pages on their forum and I think that I may be a little dumber for it now......

Bamcubz
11-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Wow, just read that 8 pages on their forum and I think that I may be a little dumber for it now......

I gave up after the first page.

We know how great SOTS sounds at home, that's all that matters to me. :wave: