PDA

View Full Version : Why at ULL again?

LSUConnMan
07-11-2005, 09:59 PM
I was looking at the schedule and realized troy was playing ull in lafayette for the second year in a row. anybody know why? Anybody making the road trip? It should be a fun day, figuring it's ULL's 60th homecoming celebration...nothing like humiliating a team on homecoming.Hopefully it doesn't rain this year.

littlebittyschool
07-11-2005, 10:16 PM
Same reason we are going to Arky State again. Same reason FAU is coming here again. Same reason MTSU is coming here again. Same reason we play both Florida Schools at home and both Louisiana schools on the road. Same reason we have 3 home conference games and 4 away ones.

Goofy Sunbelt Scheduling. New teams, new league, everyone has prior OOC games committed that couldn't move so we get goofy scheduling. Should work out fine in a couple of years when all of the OOC games that were scheduled in advance have been played. Will work out even better if the Belt can get a 9th member for football (8 conference games, 4 home, 4 away)

TroyTuba
07-13-2005, 02:35 PM
The band is supposed to be going again this year to UL of L

Navarre Trojan
07-14-2005, 06:24 AM
According to Sunbelt Commissioner Waters, the schedule has to be this way due to previous commitments. I asked this question months ago. I didn't understand why both South Florida schools were coming to Troy and why Troy was traveling to both La. schools and that was the reason he gave. I also discussed this with Steve Dennis and he said echoed the same thing. I understand that future schedules will have us traveling to one La. school and one S. Florida school every year (which only makes sense) so that fans will have a better opportunity to go to both away games. No way could I afford the time off for two trips to S. Florida a year or to La.

Also, is North Texas EVER coming to Troy?

I understand that the SOTS is going to La-La this year and that there is suppose to be a HUGE tailgate party at the game. Faith Ward mentioned that to our folks during our annual golf tournament. Should be a lot of fun.

LSUConnMan
07-14-2005, 07:51 AM
seems like faulty logic...but nothing can be done about it now. Either way, It works out for me since it's likely the only game i can go to this season.

Nice Trojan
07-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Also, is North Texas EVER coming to Troy?

Didnt they come to town and get their butt beat a few years ago? Before we went and got our butts beat there.

TroyTuba
07-14-2005, 11:15 PM
yeah, we beat them in Troy at the very end of our Southland career.

ulcajun12
07-15-2005, 01:11 AM
well, UL is going up to ULM for the 2nd year in a row also. Seems as though everyone in the league is in the same boat.

LARaginCajun
07-15-2005, 09:18 AM
I hope yall do come, yall had a terrific band. Just like you I am a Tuba Player but at UL. I thought yall sounded very much like a College Band. I mean with our 220 we were trying to keep up. I give yall props on the way yall sounded.

How many members are yall going to have this year??

UL officially I do not know the exact count, but it should be pretty high in the 280 range. Hopefully Pride of Acadiana, should be able to keep up with the Sound of the South this year if yall come.

Out of LaTech, NWSTU, Houston, ULM, and UL Marching bands I have seen yall, and SOS sounded better than all of them, I would have to say the closes that maybe came close NWSTU in Louisiana. In the Sunbelt probally as good as NTU, MTU, but just going by what I heard about NTU, and MTU.

TrojanWar
07-15-2005, 12:38 PM
No offense to MTSU, but there is no comparison between the SOTS and MTSU's band. Actually, no band in the Sun Belt comes close to the SOTS. I was in the ASU band, and I can tell you the difference is night and day.

Here we go again...another band thread!

LARaginCajun
07-15-2005, 01:08 PM
I do not know, but I heard North Texas has one hell of a Music Program, and heard they have one hell of a good Marching Band.

UL is trying to become top notch program, and will sooner or later, it has been building up for 4 years now.