PDA

View Full Version : Passing Game

trojanfannumber1
07-09-2005, 08:39 PM
We all know we lost D.T., and we have alot of QBs out there but what are the new incoming recievers and tight ends looking like. Are they in for summer session, are they red shirting or what? Somebody let me know

Tums
07-10-2005, 06:46 PM
The TE position will be better than last year with the 2 juco transfers playing well in the spring. As far as the WR's coming in the 2005 preview has said that some of them could make an immediate impact. Also Banks has shown alot of ability in the spring @ WR and could have a break out season. I believe the team will be stronger at Both positions this season.

trojanfannumber1
07-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Has anyone seen the freshman TE Larry Johnson from Decatur, GA. My brother is from near his city and he told me he was a great athlete with great hands and good route running.

Tums
07-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Has anyone seen the freshman TE Larry Johnson from Decatur, GA. My brother is from near his city and he told me he was a great athlete with great hands and good route running.
He will be evaluated after he straps on the pads and practices with other D1 athletes. There is alot more to being a TE than running pass routes and catching the ball. Take the case of Joe Munson (TE on last years team) that signed with the Miami Dolphins only had 3 catches last season. Fleetwood (OC) does not use that position much for recieving. In 2004 the 3 deep depth chart (Munson, Austin & Lesley) only had like 10 catches for 80 yards and 2 TD's between all of them.

littlebittyschool
07-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Fleetwood (OC) does not use that position much for recieving.

Mr. Tums,

Seeing as how our passing game was 116th out of 117 D-1A teams last year, I don't think Fleetwood likes to use any position much for receiving.

TSUWhiner
07-12-2005, 09:13 AM
sounds like we using the 2 wide set..with 3 I backs in the back field..give it to the middle man..rush up the middle for -1 yard for 2 plays. Then on 3rd down we air it out to two people against 6 DB's..etc...I know the drill..I think all of us know our offense (or lack there of) pretty damn well

GO TROY!