PDA

View Full Version : Very Disappointed

snakeeater
07-09-2005, 10:03 AM
I know this is the Football Board, but I post this here because I know more people will read it.

I visited the campus this past Thursday. I was embarrassed at how trashy and filthy the campus looked. Everywhere I saw coke bottles and cans tossed into bushes and shrubbery in plain sight, paper everywhere, magnolia leaves from the winter littering the grounds and in the street and gutters aroud Pace and Shackleford Halls, grass uncut and shrubs unkept, roads with potholes and unsightly, poorly done patches. I was in disbelief. Then I went into Bibb Graves. The stench in the hallways of mold, roaches on the floor, holes in the walls, nonfunctioning light bulbs, and filthy bathrooms seemed surreal.

Now, to top it off, I try to get on the Troy University Website and it can't be accessed. Hawkins is going to get a blistering email from me. I donate money to this institution and proudly call myself an alumni. I want to know what my money funds. It certainly isn't used for the upkeep of the campus and buildings.

And Troy wants to make it to the big time in football. Give me a break! Do you think any real top shelf recruits will want to be a part of the school when they visit and see the garbage? Visit Auburn or Alabama or Georgia or Florida or FSU. I've been to four of them in the past three months. And none of them looked anywhere near as badly as Troy. Part of the attraction or allure of a university is the beauty of its campus and buildings, the upkeep, which shows pride. Outside of a beautiful stadium, great athletic offices, and training fields, the rest is an eyesore.

Sorry to get on my soapbox. But Troy is my home, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let someone litter my yard, crap in my bushes, piss on my floors, and put holes in my walls.

BMarkey
07-09-2005, 02:07 PM
There's no excuse for any part of Troy to look like that, but believe me, I have walked the halls and paths of UF and UA and seen much of what you described and even worse.

Lord-Mustang
07-11-2005, 12:09 AM
The first parts I can do nothing about, but I can assure you, with the exception of 20 minutes friday morning, during a hiccup when converting over to generator power for the storm, the website has not been offline. If you were experiencing problems, it could be related to several different things and not the Troy website.