PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane

kiwan
07-08-2005, 01:35 PM
I hope we can all chat next week and talk about the little hurricane that WAS. As of right now it looks pretty scary though. I just want to say good luck and God bless to all who are in Dennis' path.

Sarahbelle
07-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Navarre Trojan and Troy87...hope you guys in Navarre are okay!

Lord-Mustang
07-11-2005, 12:30 AM
After riding around through both Ivan and Dennis...Dennis was a wimp. Gust barely got to 40 mph here. As far as I could see, at midnight, nobody in Troy was without power. I do think it's funny though, that when Ivan hit, Walmart was open until the power went out...it was closed most of today.

BMarkey
07-11-2005, 08:19 AM
Except for maybe the Navarre area, the storm didn't seem to bad. All my best to those in its path.

Down here on the southeast coast, we strangely had some of the worst winds. One feeder band late Saturday night was over 50 mph and took down two small trees in my yard.

Another storm is coming, BTW. It could be near me by this weekend. Ugh.

pkf4troy
07-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Just to let those concered, from what I understand, Troy87 made out well from the storm with maybe some slight damage. Something like a chimney liner.....Easy fix!

Navarre Trojan
07-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Just got back to work today. Got power back late yesterday. I have sleeping in Hell's House for two nights and the devil was sleeping right next to me, she has been unhappy for two nights!!!!

Initial assessment, damage minimal! Lots of trees and fences down, but structures seem to be in great shape. Have not been on the beach yet (only residents allowed) but there seems to be quite the errosion problem there. Winds were 120 but mild compared to the predicted 155+!!

Hopefully we are done for awhile. Troy87 had some minor stuff, nothing to bad at all.

Air conditioning - the greatest invention of all time!!!

BMarkey
07-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Good to hear! Unfortunately, you might have Emily coming. Looks like we got away with another one, thanks to the Bermnuda High.

Good luck.

ThePowerMan
07-14-2005, 02:13 PM
From ThePowerMan's view our system was about 95% without electricity. That is the Southern Pine Electric Coop in the Brewton/Atmore/Evergreen/Monroeville areas. We just finished up getting eveyone back in service on July 13. No damage to our home thankfully. This is way too may storms in a short period of time.

Sarahbelle
07-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Dennis peeled the roof off my office in Bay Minette like a can of sardines. Rain ruined everything on the top floor, where my office was. Now I'm relocated to the Emergency Operations Center in Robertsdale, which is okay, since I'll be down here quite a bit anyway if this hurricane season continues to pound the Gulf Coast.