PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Williams to UA -

Trojan1998
10-18-2004, 10:20 AM
I heard last night on the sports report on WSFA in Montgomery that Troy is about to lose AD Johnny Williams to the University of Alabama. Mal Moore is creating a new position - Senior Associate Athletics Director - and Johnny has supposedly already verbally taken the job. This post will oversee the football program at the Capstone.

I wish Coach Williams well and I certainly don't blame him if he takes the job and heads to Tuscaloosa.

troymarkus
10-18-2004, 10:23 AM
Yeah, we talked about this last week. I think it's a good move for Johnny and his family. All of you know how much I dislike the other state teams, but it's a great move for him. I wish we could keep him. Essentially, from what I understand Johnny was going to talk to JH and see if Troy could match it. If we can't (which I don't think we can), it's a done deal. He will leave a HUGE hole at Troy.

sportsman2
10-18-2004, 11:09 AM
If it is true and JW is headed to Alabama then who do you think should replace JW.

littlebittyschool
10-18-2004, 11:12 AM
Give the job to Blakeny, give Koening the Head football coaching job, kick Fleetwood to the curb, and go hire us an offensive co-ordinator. That'd kill a bunch of birds with one stone.

Unless Maestri wants the AD job... Then, give it to him, promote Felix to head coach and go from there.

Although I doubt Coach M would be down with all the stuff the AD puts up with. But if he wanted it, I think he deserves it.

None of this head/coach and AD at the same time junk ethier. Watson Clown at the University of Athletic Bankruptcy is one of only 2 in the country that do that.

Hector
10-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Wec can't match $400,000 ofr an associate AD (nor should we try). I wish Johnny the best. Despite his irrational detractors, he's done a great job here.

TrojanKev
10-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Blakeney said today that he has discussed all of this with Johnny...he said, word had it that it was a done deal, but he hasn't heard anything officially from Johnny.

Reading into this I think it is going to happen. Blakeney then started talking about finding a replacement for Williams.

Lord-Mustang
10-20-2004, 08:39 AM
I got a call this morning from a very reliable source. Johnny Williams is meeting with the coaching staffs and will make an announcement at 9am this morning. His announcement will be that he is leaving.

faithintsu
10-20-2004, 08:57 AM
Great!!

Well Good Luck to JW at Alabama and lets hope we can find a replacement that is just as good if not better!!