PDA

View Full Version : Missing the game

MusicMan
10-17-2010, 09:42 PM
Why on God's green earth do we have to walk AROUND the stadium after pregame? I know I missed a year due to transfer, but that still blows my mind. Two years ago we just walked behind the other team and in front of the student section, where we actually got some high fives, and cheers. Can someone please tell me the whole story behind this?

JPSousa1898
10-17-2010, 10:27 PM
I dunno, but when I was in band, the Victory March was just before Pre-Game so we left the quad to march into the stadium for Pregame... some games lasted 8 hours for the SOTS back in the day.

TroyTuba
10-17-2010, 11:32 PM
There were issues getting back into the stands and that sideline is very crowded anyway. It's much quicker going around, less convenient I'm sure, but less of a headache.

MusicMan
10-18-2010, 12:25 AM
Not to argue, but I didn't really see much of an issue two years ago when I did it, it took a little longer, but at least we didn't miss the first 2-4 minutes of the game, which is what really bothers me.

BleedingCardinal
10-18-2010, 12:50 AM
I think it was North Texas that complained about the band being around their stuff. Their staff was really rude to some of the band. I would rather walk around the stadium than walk around the players and the team equipment (fans, cords, footballs).

MusicMan
10-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Makes sense I guess, but oh well, it is what it is.