PDA

View Full Version : Will ESPNU be available on Dish Network?

ThePowerMan
06-22-2005, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know if ESPNU will be available on Dish Network? I already have the Sports Package and do not believe that it is included.

TrojanWar
06-23-2005, 08:46 AM
I've been meaning to ask the same question. I sure hope it is, because I love my Dish Network and nothing in this world could make me switch to Directv. There is just no comparison in the two.

tsufl
06-23-2005, 01:58 PM
ESPNU is available on virtually NOTHING, hopefully before football season it will change.

kiwan
06-23-2005, 04:00 PM
I spoke with Troy Cablevison today to see if they have talked to ESPNU. They have meet once and are scheduled to speak again to get the channel here in Troy.

littlebittyschool
06-23-2005, 04:28 PM
I just got the sports package on my direct TV with ESPNU, all the Fox Networks, College network, Madison Square garden channel, sunshine channel and others. $12 bucks extra per month. less than $1 per channel. not bad.

I can't wait to watch the Troy/LSU replay tomorrow night.

BMarkey
06-23-2005, 10:10 PM
ESPNU is on Channel 609 on DirecTV. I don't get it and refuse to pay extra for it. I already get hammered for close to $100 per month.

BMarkey
06-24-2005, 12:22 AM
A fledgling channel ought to be free (ads pay for the programming, anyway).

I gave up McDonald's months ago, and despite that feat, the docs said my arteries were fine. It was (main) aortic valve that was failing (genetic). :)

TrojanWar
06-24-2005, 08:56 AM
There is plenty of comparison. Directv offers NFL Sunday Ticket, Dish doesn't. Currently Dish has more HDTV than Diretv. Directv has Tivo, while Dish has a house branded DVR. There is plenty to compare.

The format of Directv stinks compared to Dish. Also, I like the Dish DVR better than Tivo. I get 100 hours of recording on my Dish DVR and it only costs half what Tivo charges. Yes, the HDTV setup is much better as well. My biggest complaint about Directv is the menu and channel surfing formats. They are aweful. The only thing Directv offers that Dish does not is NFL Sunday Ticket. There are many features on Dish that you can't get with Directv. I'm not trying to argue with you over the two, but I've had both and I felt like I was being ripped of by Directv in comparison. My in-laws just recently switched from Dish to Directv because of a billing problem. They are about ready to call Dish and get everything straight just to get rid of Directv. I'm telling you, if you ever get hooked on Dish and all of their features, you will never go with anyone else.

TSUWhiner
06-24-2005, 03:30 PM
I feel bad now because I kinda had to get directv. The apartment complex decided it was convient for them to turn off all of our time warner services..which includes my internet. They were offering us 30 channels for free. Which was fine..but half of them are latino channels..and half were family channels..and they didnt even offer ESPN!!!!!! So I was like..this sucks ass..so I had to get it..cause I cant imagine not watching ESPN you know? So I have new cable bill..and now a freakin phone line..for the DSL service..I hate my apartment complex! dammit

Whiner

tsufl
06-25-2005, 02:26 PM
all of you are wrong
UHF is the only way to go!
http://www.casabrian.com/pix/movies/uhf.jpg
http://www.kabb.com/tech/images/uhf-onlybig.jpg
http://scriptorium.lib.duke.edu/adaccess/TV/TV03/TV0348-72dpi.jpeg
http://internal.physics.uwa.edu.au/~agm/jaycar.jpg

TrojanWar
06-27-2005, 08:42 AM
I have a HDTV Tivo, and we can record 300 hours of standard programming or 35 hours of HDTV programming, much better than anything else on the market.

I guess the kicker is, how much did you pay for the equipment? The HDTV receiver and HDTV Tivo unit through Directv costs a fortune. With Dish, it's all free.

TrojanWar
06-28-2005, 08:33 PM
Funny thing is, I use a UHF antenna to pull in my local HDTV tv stations.

Where I live, it won't work. At least not for more than 1 channel. The towers around here are nuts. Not to mention I could only get HDTV networks and not ESPNHD or DiscoveryHD. Oh what it must be like to live in a real city! It's like jumping through hoops to watch TV around here.

Comcast does not even have HDTV in our area. It took them years longer than anyone else to get cable internet here.