PDA

View Full Version : Game Ball

YJason
10-07-2010, 09:06 AM
My game ball goes to Jacoby Thomas. He had a very good game stat wise, and played his assigment even better. Dasher might have cut us up in the open field, but was kept in check all night long by JT. Game could be very different if he had not done what he did. He showed he is a very coachable player this week. Congrats for one of the best defensive performances I have seen in quite some time.

Honorable mentions...K. Davis (very close to game ball, tone setter), C. Robinson (very poised, consistant), & T. Gill (clutch, reliable, uses size to his advantage)

Who are yours?

Troy Bob
10-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I like your choices but there seems to be a lot of people contributing the other night. A couple of small gold nuggets that caught my eye,#14 Mr Jamal Johnson, if I remember correctly, Frosh caught two passes and also Blakeney had enough confidence in him to be on On Side kick Team, he recovered their on side kick. He is a keeper!! Also #30 Ladarrius Madden, now here is a future head hunter!! I saw him light up a few people with his tackling. He did get a cheap call when there receiver split our Safety and Corner on a seem route and he tore his head off. He couldnt guess whether Receiver would catch the ball so he ran through his head. This is football, right?? Officials need to let them play.

CHughes1102
10-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Corey Robinson without a doubt. By the time he is done at Troy, he will have surpassed the stats Levi put up easily.

moosicman
10-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Taking my cue from the referee, my choice is: "the whole defensive line"!

The Messenger
10-07-2010, 09:42 AM
One of the things I loved most about the game was that it was a complete team effort. You could make legit cases for several guys.

socrgoly25
10-07-2010, 11:53 AM
We are seeing a staggering difference between the first couple of games and the rest of the season on defense.

The reason?

KANORRIS DAVIS

Dude is a man-beast!

Troy Bob
10-07-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey guys, where did D J Taylor come from. Does that give us 4 running backs to choose from? How can E coach and give 4 Running Backs enough snaps in practice. How do you figure?

YJason
10-07-2010, 03:21 PM
I don't disagree with anyone, I think KD, CR, or JT could have easily gotten my game ball. But I only wanted to give one. This game was one of the most complete games I have seen in a while, which made the decision even harder.

The Messenger
10-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Hey guys, where did D J Taylor come from. Does that give us 4 running backs to choose from? How can E coach and give 4 Running Backs enough snaps in practice. How do you figure?

He's a redshirt sophomore from Bay Minette and he's our "big bruiser"-type back. It was good to see him being used. The sick thing is we actually have five running backs with the fifth (TJ Mitchell) being my personal favorite. He was the guy who gashed MTSU in the 4th quarter for 40-something yards on his FIRST carry. The cupboard is quite full.

trojanbrutha
10-07-2010, 04:05 PM
My game ball goes to Jacoby Thomas. He had a very good game stat wise, and played his assigment even better. Dasher might have cut us up in the open field, but was kept in check all night long by JT. Game could be very different if he had not done what he did. He showed he is a very coachable player this week. Congrats for one of the best defensive performances I have seen in quite some time.

Honorable mentions...K. Davis (very close to game ball, tone setter), C. Robinson (very poised, consistant), & T. Gill (clutch, reliable, uses size to his advantage)

Who are yours?

I'll add to this a little before I award the game ball. Jacoby flushed Dasher and couldn't catch him. After that, he shadowed him very well. Coaching him up or self awareness, it worked out great!

Now, if he can stay healthy, Kanorris Davis will receive many awards and much recognition for his play...if he doesn't get too many concussions. The new #94 was an honorable mention this week :thumb:

TFan
10-08-2010, 08:37 AM
He's a redshirt sophomore from Bay Minette and he's our "big bruiser"-type back. It was good to see him being used. The sick thing is we actually have five running backs with the fifth (TJ Mitchell) being my personal favorite. He was the guy who gashed MTSU in the 4th quarter for 40-something yards on his FIRST carry. The cupboard is quite full.

..and another reason that we don't need a running QB!

TFan
10-08-2010, 08:47 AM
DJ came in late against North TX at Movie Gallery/Vet last year, he made a statement.

[U][RUSHING No. Gain Loss Net TD Lg Avg.[/[U]

D.J. Taylor 6 55 2 53 0 27 8.8

Buzz Lightyear
10-08-2010, 08:57 AM
..and another reason that we don't need a running QB!

However after watcing Tyler Martinez last nite the fact you have a running quarterback does not necessarily hurt.........BUT my game ball nomination goes to some old fart waving the flag with pride on NATIONAL TELEVISION.....I am quite sure that THAT was the inspiration for the great team effort.

TFan
10-08-2010, 09:17 AM
However after watcing Tyler Martinez last nite the fact you have a running quarterback does not necessarily hurt.........BUT my game ball nomination goes to some old fart waving the flag with pride on NATIONAL TELEVISION.....I am quite sure that THAT was the inspiration for the great team effort.

As I recall there were TWO Old farts, one on either end of the flag/banner! There were also about 850 other TFans there as well.

Buzz Lightyear
10-08-2010, 10:06 AM
As I recall there were TWO Old farts, one on either end of the flag/banner! There were also about 850 other TFans there as well.

I am not sure what happened to Tim on the other side so the SECOND time you were on I stand corrected there were 2 old farts but the one on my viewing left was whom I was giving the game balls too. By the way it looked like everyone was giving you guys LOTS of room........perhaps mexican before the game???