06-16-2005, 04:07 PM
Most likely to upset: MTSU and NT

TUEngineer
06-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Most likely to upset: MTSU

Hardly! :wink:

TroyPremier
06-16-2005, 04:25 PM
I will agree about MTSU vs. Alabama because they have had close battles in the past, but until North Texas proves otherwise, I don't think they are much of a threat to upset major teams. In fact, they usually don't even make it too close of a game. Year after year, they have gone into the Sun Belt conference schedule with zero or only one victory. Which is why it ticks me off that they are considered "the best" in the Sun Belt by some. We have repeatedly upset and/or contended on a very competitive level with major teams. We need to kill off the naysayers this year by defeating the "weak green" eagles of North Texas.

GO TROY!!

BMarkey
06-16-2005, 04:39 PM
That could be a fantastic week for the 'Belt.

TUEngineer
06-16-2005, 04:41 PM
That could be a fantastic week for the 'Belt.

I'll be sure to take pics of the scoreboard from the UA/MTSU game just for you guys! I get to hate on MTSU once again! :lol:

I have BamaBound Orientation tomorrow morning :D

Sarahbelle
06-16-2005, 04:41 PM
I will agree about MTSU vs. Alabama because they have had close battles in the past, but until North Texas proves otherwise, I don't think they are much of a threat to upset major teams. In fact, they usually don't even make it too close of a game. Year after year, they have gone into the Sun Belt conference schedule with zero or only one victory. Which is why it ticks me off that they are considered "the best" in the Sun Belt by some. We have repeatedly upset and/or contended on a very competitive level with major teams. We need to kill off the naysayers this year by defeating the "weak green" eagles of North Texas.

GO TROY!!

Good point. But we're the opposite, we can get up for the big games and fall apart for the small ones.

TroyPremier
06-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Good point. But we're the opposite, we can get up for the big games and fall apart for the small ones.

This is true, but I'm partial :lol:

MeanGreen61
06-17-2005, 10:28 AM
FIU vs Kansas State
ASU vs Missouri
Middle Tenn State vs Alabama
North Texas vs LSU
La.-Lafayette vs Texas
Florida Atlantic vs Kansas

Big week for Sun Belt, to start season

Early lines from Howell

Texas -34 vs ULL
LSU -20 vs UNT
Alabama -16 vs MTSU
Missouri -18 vs ASU
Kansas -8.5 vs FAU
Kansas State -29 vs FIU

http://www.jhowell.net/cf/cfpred.txt

TUFAN
06-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Until we "unseat" them, North Texas rules the belt, you have to give them their due. While I don't like the way they seem to slide through the OOC Schedule and only concentrate on the conference games, they have been successfull, but it make the conference look bad.

But I think this year and for years to come that is all about to change.

NCMeanGreen
06-22-2005, 08:09 PM

GO TROY!!

I agree with you. Our OOC showing is piss-poor, and does give a bad image for the SB as a whole. As a true NT fan, I actually have no faith that we will win against the likes of LSU and Kansas State. We AT LEAST have to beat Tulsa amd La Tech this year...we have to start somewhere.

But, it is true that it seems that DD and company do not "get up" for the big games. You guys are the master at that, however.

Actually, with both Patrick Cobbs and Jamario Thomas on the Maxwell Watch List, it would be nice to have good games against LSU and Kansas State.

ThePowerMan
06-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Troy did have a great game against LSU last year. I really believe that if the game was NOT officiated by SEC crew that we would have won.

I hope we(Sunbelt) have a better showing this year against the SEC. I know we play alot of games against the SEC and that could be the measuring stick for the Sunbelt. Until we get closer the the .500 mark against BCS teams our conference will get no respect.

TSUWhiner
06-24-2005, 03:32 PM
I know I complain about us being in the crappiest conference in the country. However, I think if as a whole (conference) that if we all start beating these outside teams maybe my opinion would change.

Trojan1998
06-24-2005, 04:07 PM
For the heck of it, here I go...

Texas - 47
ULL - 9

LSU - 33
UNT - 13

Alabama - 27
MTSU - 10

Mizzou - 40
ASU - 16

FAU - 20
KU - 19

K-State - 45
FIU - 3

Troy - 30
Cal P. - 7

tsufl
06-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Bammer will beat MTSU
UNT will play LSU close but lose in the 4th
KSU will BLAST FIU
ULL will get drilled by Texas
The Tiggers of Mizzu will scalp the indians of ASU
but I do think FAU has a great shot at beating the Jayhawks.

And of course TMTDM will squash cal-poly

NCMeanGreen
06-28-2005, 02:55 PM
Bammer will beat MTSU
KSU will BLAST FIU

God Bless you, but here is how it will go, GUARANTEE:

UNT will play LSU close in the 1st quarter, something like 7-7, or 14-14. UNT fans will begin thinking, "Hey, maybe we can beat them afterall!!". In the second quarter, our defense will desentigrate, and LSU will go up by 14 or 21 points. The score at half will be 7-21, 14-28, etc. We will come out looking better in the second half, but it will be too late at that point. FINAL SCORE PREDICTION: 14-45

That just hurts to type...but sometimes the truth hurts! :cry:

0footballfan0
06-29-2005, 07:54 PM
Bammer will beat MTSU
KSU will BLAST FIU

Agree with most of the post, but Mizzu has gotten really bad, and I see them getting worse this year. ASU always starts off with some good press, but then proves they are just talk. I see this closer than you, but same result....loss for ASU.

Also FAU (overrated last year) lost almost the entire team to graduation. I have a hard time giving them much hope this year. I actually predict them in the bottom 3. Kansas by 30.

Good posts in this thread.

TrojanWar
06-30-2005, 09:19 AM
No matter how bad a BCS team is, they will walk all over ASU and then smear it in even more. It always works out this way unless they are playing Memphis or Ole Miss just because of the history involved. I know we lost to those guys last year, and that really hurt me deep. ASU is a bad football team and in my opinion always will be. They have the best coach they could possibly imagine at this point and the football team is miserable at best. You can't imagine how much it cut my gut when we lost that game last year. It was like losing to Cal-Poly or something. So, I have made the decision to go to Jonesboro this year and watch our Trojans get revenge on the Indians in November. I hope many of you make the journey with me. It's not a bad drive...just long. I have made this trip many times and I average a little over 8 hours. From Dothan, I go to Birmingham, then over to Jasper, then to Tupelo and Memphis. Jonesboro is about an hour from Memphis. I know the ASU campus like the back of my hand (I went to school there for a bit and I grew up in Jonesboro - still have most of my family there) so we can plan our own Troy tailgate before the game. I know it's still early, but who else is planning to make this game?

littlebittyschool
06-30-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm planning on going to Monroe already, but I'd like to go to ASU too. I want to meet Arkstatefan and some of the other posters "in the flesh". Maybe I could link up with you in Bham or Jasper. Could split gas or something or just follow you on up. Get a few more people and rent a van out of Bham?

TrojanWar
06-30-2005, 01:51 PM
I plan to bring a small group of 4. We can work something out closer to time if you decide you want to go. It's a nice campus and the stadium is not bad either. I look forward to meeting some of the ASU posters as well.

0footballfan0
07-02-2005, 07:06 AM
For the heck of it, here I go...

Texas - 47
ULL - 9

LSU - 33
UNT - 13

Alabama - 27
MTSU - 10

Mizzou - 40
ASU - 16

FAU - 20
KU - 19

K-State - 45
FIU - 3

Troy - 30
Cal P. - 7

FAU winning over KU.??...Don't think so. They did better than expected last year, but were all seniors. They lost almost all their starters. It is very had to overcome that.