PDA

View Full Version : Looking back on last nightís win

trojanbrutha
09-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Looking back on last nightís win (http://www.gulfeast.com/dothaneagle/dea/troy_blog/comments/looking_back_on_last_nights_win/168868/)

September 26, 2010
By Drew Champlin

Hard to say that a loss last night could have ended the Sun Belt season before it even started, but it would have been mighty demoralizing. Instead, thatís the case with Arkansas State and probably FAU with its loss to a beat up North Texas team.

That last drive was a thing of beauty, from the QB play, to the playcalling, to the work of Jerrel Jernigan to the end result. Arkansas State was playing more of a prevent defense and it didnít quite work out.

GoTrojans
09-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Looking back on last nightís win (http://www.gulfeast.com/dothaneagle/dea/troy_blog/comments/looking_back_on_last_nights_win/168868/)

September 26, 2010
By Drew Champlin

Hard to say that a loss last night could have ended the Sun Belt season before it even started, but it would have been mighty demoralizing. Instead, thatís the case with Arkansas State and probably FAU with its loss to a beat up North Texas team.

That last drive was a thing of beauty, from the QB play, to the playcalling, to the work of Jerrel Jernigan to the end result. Arkansas State was playing more of a prevent defense and it didnít quite work out.

What a great article. Drew hit on SO many specific points. Great job Drew!:thumb:

moosicman
09-26-2010, 08:41 PM
I agree. Whole-heartedly.....

GoTroyGo1
09-26-2010, 09:06 PM
After all the years of melt downs, blown leads, absolutely abysmal play calling and so forth that I've been though over two- plus decades, that last second drive was priceless! Corey Robinson has the "it" factor to be able to march the team down the field like that. He is going to make Kentucky and Louisville regret not offering him a scholarship for sure. Now if Troy can go to a bowl game and get a "W this season I'll drop any further talk about going to FCS (I'm almost sold)

Burn the Horse
09-26-2010, 09:18 PM
"THE Drive."

GoTrojans
09-26-2010, 09:20 PM
"THE Drive."

Let's add "For Five" on the end of yours! Bring it on MUTS!

GoTroyGo1
09-26-2010, 09:28 PM
That drive was better than UAB's by the way, at least the touchdown was indisputable.

Burn the Horse
09-26-2010, 09:29 PM
"The Drive" was the beginning of "The Drive for Five."

Troy Bob
09-27-2010, 08:15 AM
I have to give UAB some credit. After watching them at Neyland Stadium yall we did not play a poor team in Bham. Just saying!

moosicman
09-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I have to say that I think we may be victims of our own great expectations.

troyfan
09-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Let me say this about the game. The penalties were way down compared to the previous three games. That helped a lot I'm sure. Although, the officiating crew was tight gripped on the flag all game. I know from watching the game on CSS that ASU had at least 3 pass interference calls that were not called.

Overall, I was happy to only see 6 penalties all game. That was a major area of concern for me.

Hemi Man
09-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Yeah, I have to say that I think we may be victims of our own great expectations.

I think this is what I have been saying for a month. Youth and inexperience are not a good combination for a football.

Trojans1andAll
09-27-2010, 09:02 AM

At UA'sB we were the victims of an obvious and heinous rip-off. The Trojans played some awful football but ua'sb still needed a bogus call at the last second to steal a win.

UA'sB hater, always have been, always will be.

moosicman
09-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Let me say this about the game. The penalties were way down compared to the previous three games. That helped a lot I'm sure. Although, the officiating crew was tight gripped on the flag all game. I know from watching the game on CSS that ASU had at least 3 pass interference calls that were not called.

I watched the replay of the game on ESPN360 and there were (to no great surprise) indeed three blatant pass interferance calls committed by ASU. It was OBVIOUS. But what can you do? :rolleyes: