PDA

View Full Version : Larry Blakeney Show/ Troy football Review

CHughes1102
09-26-2010, 11:10 AM
What time and channel does this show come on?

TFan
09-26-2010, 11:23 AM
I looked on the TroyTrojans.com > Multimedia> Broadcasts site and they do not list Television Stations nor times.

pkf4troy
09-26-2010, 11:25 AM
I think its on Fox around 10ish

FloriTrojan
09-26-2010, 01:51 PM
To further exasperate my football season, it appears that the Troy football show is no longer offered on Sun Sports, the leading cable/satellite channel in and for Florida.

It used to show up on Wednesdays or Thursdays (and seemed very dated at that time of week). It was better than nothing, despite the lawn mowers, golf carts and chair-back picker-uppers working behind the set. Now it's gone!

WHY?

Rutgers, Clemson and the rest are still on Sun Sports? Does Troy have to buy the time and perhaps has decided to "save" the money? If so, why disenfranchise Florida, from where Troy traditionally pulls most of its recruits and has thousands of alumni?

JonesOxygen
09-26-2010, 02:05 PM
ABC 32 in Montgomery has it at 10:30 on sunday nights. They have the best commercials too. WTVY 4 in Dothan list it also. Not sure of the time.

Hemi Man
09-26-2010, 02:12 PM
To further exasperate my football season, it appears that the Troy football show is no longer offered on Sun Sports, the leading cable/satellite channel in and for Florida.

It used to show up on Wednesdays or Thursdays (and seemed very dated at that time of week). It was better than nothing, despite the lawn mowers, golf carts and chair-back picker-uppers working behind the set. Now it's gone!

WHY?

Rutgers, Clemson and the rest are still on Sun Sports? Does Troy have to buy the time and perhaps has decided to "save" the money? If so, why disenfranchise Florida, from where Troy traditionally pulls most of its recruits and has thousands of alumni?

Yea, they have taken it off for some reasons. It used to come on tuesday afternoons.
Locally though it is on WTVY at 11 pm on Sunday nights.

Pcbtrojan
09-26-2010, 03:54 PM
ABC 32 in Montgomery has it at 10:30 on sunday nights. They have the best commercials too. WTVY 4 in Dothan list it also. Not sure of the time.

11:00 pm WTVY, before the barn show.

CHughes1102
09-26-2010, 04:43 PM
It used to come on CSS and another channel and that was the only way I was able to see it. I live in north Alabama.

FloriTrojan
09-26-2010, 05:32 PM
So, is it now off the air on CSS and Sun Sports? What a darned poor decision. That's like cutting your viewership by, probably, three-quarters.

Troy Bob
09-26-2010, 07:51 PM
After more research than I ever put into my Troy Degrees, I found LB show on Channel 106 at 7 pm on Wednesday nights. Whew!! Enjoy!!

FloriTrojan
09-26-2010, 08:22 PM
The show is designed and produced for a Sunday (morning) audience, correct? So if it's not really being seen until two or three days before the next game, Troy should re-huddle and film the show on Monday or Tuesday with a forward look. Why rush the thing an hour after the game when it's going to sit in the "can" for four days?

Hemi Man
09-26-2010, 08:36 PM
It is shown here on sunday night at 11pm. Probably just easier to do it right then, rather than trying to get everything done sunday morning.

Burn the Horse
09-26-2010, 09:35 PM
I watch it on ABC 32 at 10:30 pm Sunday nights after the Nick Saban Show.

TFan
09-27-2010, 08:32 AM
I watch it on ABC 32 at 10:30 pm Sunday nights after the Nick Saban Show.

Same here, low quality production, audio not synced with video.. Barry coulda set up the Grand Finale drive better at the end of the reel. Donnel Golden interview OK.

Efficiency and cost of production notwithstanding, Larry would be fresher and better game analysis available if taped Sunday am.

GO TROJANS!

CHughes1102
09-27-2010, 10:49 AM
They should put that show on All Access. Why? Because hell that's what most teams do plus most of the fanbase has no way of watching the show.

The Messenger
09-27-2010, 11:00 AM
They should put that show on All Access. Why? Because hell that's what most teams do plus most of the fanbase has no way of watching the show.

It is on there. They usually put it up the Tuesday or Wednesday following the game.

Burrt Keyes
09-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Same here, low quality production, audio not synced with video.. Barry coulda set up the Grand Finale drive better at the end of the reel. Donnel Golden interview OK.

Efficiency and cost of production notwithstanding, Larry would be fresher and better game analysis available if taped Sunday am.

GO TROJANS!

They used to do it the next morning (Sunday) years ago. But they switched it to post game once we started traveling much further than for road games.

Larry had to get up at the crack of dawn to film it, after riding a bus/plane all night. This way, he's already there, Barry,s already there, the film crew is already there. He just talks about the game, and they cut in the film the next day. Much easier on everyone.