PDA

View Full Version : Boris Lee Blasts Troy Defense Critics

FloriTrojan
09-24-2010, 06:53 AM
'Anybody else see this tweet on Wednesday from Boris Lee (borislee_LEGEND):

2 the fans that have negative things 2 say about the troy defense.... Come see me if u aint got nothing positive 2 say then keep ur mout ...

newnan trojan
09-24-2010, 07:51 AM
I agree with him. Troy fans have been the most negative this week that I have ever seen them!

DedicatedTrojan84
09-24-2010, 08:08 AM
Yes we have been negative because the D in the 2nd half was not Bad or Awful or Terrible, it was NONEXISTANT. We all have seen the video of a non blocked #26 Bryan Willis not even going for the block on the final point.

If the Living Legend wants to hear us stop :censored: maybe he should pack up come to Troy and motivate this lackadaisical, uninspired, lazy defense. :wave:

Only way to stop the complaining is for the D to go out and perform Saturday. Let another lackadaisical, uninspired, lazy defense take the field and guess what..........IT WILL NOT STOP and Boris and everyone else will just have to get over it. WE all should expect better than what we saw against UAB.

TFan
09-24-2010, 08:21 AM
If, after sitting through three games thus far (as I have), seeing replays of key plays in the past two games (as I have) and noting the disorganization, lack of hustle and game mismanagement, I would welcome Boris' take on what the issues are with this team.

Boris' attitude, hustle and inspired play here and 4 Conference Championships are part of our history that gave rise to increased expectations from this program. If this is a "rebuilding year" as some have noted, so be it. We'll take our lumps and move on but passionate fans expect to see improvement each week.

Other than a young QB that can sling passes for excess yardage, and a couple quarters of inspired play at Stillwater, I haven't noted a lot to be positive about this year's edition of our Trojans.

Experienced coaching is key to a turnaround given what we have. Thus far we haven't benefitted from that experience.

I remain optimistic from week to week that we'll see some improvement as our young Trojans gain needed experience. If we do not improve then we can assume 1) that we just don't have the talent (recruiting, a coaching issue), 2) we just don't have the motivation (coaching issue) or 3) we just do not have the coaching to overcome the present mix of issues.

Perhaps many fans are prematurely jumping to conclusion #3.... only time will tell.

Though I don't necessarily agree with everyone's assessments and solutions, I'm proud to count myslf as part of a passionate fan base.. it could be a lot worse, NOBODY CARING AT ALL.

I do not think that former Trojan Team mates getting "defensive" solves any problems either.

GO TROJANS!

DedicatedTrojan84
09-24-2010, 08:29 AM
http://www.troymessenger.com/2010/09/20/trojans-prepare-for-conference-play/

Also, I'm tired of all this we are hurting on D, alot of guys injured, they are young Bull :censored: out of LB.

"Don't be fooled. Troy has their players on offense and they always have talented guys on defense. Blakeney is lowering expectations."

This is a quote for the stAte board. If they realize we are lowering our expectations of players why dont we?

Hey LB I got a pic that sums up all your whining about the D being hurt and young:

http://www.milkmanthefilm.com/akirawing/img/Worlds%20Smallest%20Violin.jpg

Expect to win no matter the team or situation. What happened to anyone, anytime, anywhere? It was not anyone, anytime, anywhere depending on injuries and age was it? This coaching staff needs to grow up and start acting like big boys again. THIS D1 TEAMS FOUNDATION WAS BUILT ON DEFENSE. FIX THE PROBLEM AND QUIT WHINING.

Troy91
09-24-2010, 09:03 AM
Would anybody be complaining if we would have won at UAB? I think NOT!

Cane gone Trojan
09-24-2010, 09:09 AM

Lose a 23 point lead, and the last play of the game come down to a hail marry pass. I THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DedicatedTrojan84
09-24-2010, 09:10 AM

Not as much, but if you think that "almost" blowing a 23 point lead against UA's B team by having little to no Defense on the field is so much better than blowing a 23 point lead to lose then you have some soul searching to do.

Mr. Ho
09-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Lighten up Francis...

GoTrojans
09-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Lighten up Francis...

Everyone calls me Psycho.....Any you Trojans call me Francis...and I'll ****ya. One other thing...I don't like anyone beating my Trojans...Any you "******" beat my Trojans....and I'll **** ya!

Mike Cunningham
09-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Everyone calls me Psycho.....Any you Trojans call me Francis...and I'll **** ya. One other thing...I don't like anyone beating my Trojans...Any you "****" beat my Trojans....and I'll ***ya!

Completely unacceptable.

FloriTrojan
09-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Did anyone else take Lee's comment as a bit of a threat?

I think his time would be better spent doing what he could to improve that defense. He, of all people should be the most embarrassed at what was shown during the past three weeks.

TrojanWarrior418
09-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Everyone calls me Psycho.....Any you Trojans call me Francis...and I'll ****ya. One other thing...I don't like anyone beating my Trojans...Any you "******" beat my Trojans....and I'll **** ya!

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! No this isn't a threat. This is a tribute to the 1981 Bill Murray movie "Stripes". Here's how the conversation went in the movie:

Psycho: The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.
Leon: Ooooooh.
Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.
Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083131/quotes

If you don't believe me.

So everybody relax, there was no actual threat, nobody needs to call the cops.

Dothan_Trojan97
09-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Love me some "Stripes" and Bill Murray.

Boom, shack-a-lacka, boom, shack-a-lacka, boom, shack-a-lacka, Boom!

FloriTrojan
09-24-2010, 12:59 PM
I referred to the original Boris tweet.

Mike Cunningham
09-24-2010, 01:01 PM
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! No this isn't a threat. This is a tribute to the 1981 Bill Murray movie "Stripes". Here's how the conversation went in the movie:

Psycho: The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.
Leon: Ooooooh.
Psycho: You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.
Sergeant Hulka: Lighten up, Francis.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083131/quotes

If you don't believe me.

So everybody relax, there was no actual threat, nobody needs to call the cops.

I am the absolute worst when it comes to movie quotes. My apologies.

You are free to go back and edit your orginal post if you want. I would put a reference to the movie in there though.

Again, my apologies.

Hemi Man
09-24-2010, 03:32 PM
I referred to the original Boris tweet.

Yep. do you need to get in touch with him?

GoTrojans
09-24-2010, 04:11 PM
I am the absolute worst when it comes to movie quotes. My apologies.

You are free to go back and edit your orginal post if you want. I would put a reference to the movie in there though.

Again, my apologies.

Mr. HO, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it. I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this message board. A message board without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Mike Cunningham isn't always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Mike Cunningham. :thumb:

Mike Cunningham
09-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Mr. HO, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it. I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this message board. A message board without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Mike Cunningham isn't always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Mike Cunningham. :thumb:

I'm so confused.

GoTrojans
09-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Mike....Just rent the movie. It is a classic. John Candy, Bill Murray, John Larroquette, Harold Ramis...A TRUE comedy! One of the greats!

CHughes1102
09-24-2010, 05:11 PM

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Quickbat/gif92.gif

reded
09-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Have you ever been convicted of a crime? Convicted? Nnnoo never been convicted. Are You gay? Flaming? No but we're always willing to learn something new.[paraphrase] From the interview scene with the Army recruiter.This is a very funny movie.

Mike Cunningham
09-24-2010, 05:30 PM
I will be Netflixing (is that a word) soon.

TFan
09-24-2010, 05:35 PM
..a thread run amok!

PCTrojan
09-24-2010, 05:42 PM
This thread has been given the "Betty Crocker Treatment!"

Oh yeah, had to throw one more in there.

TroyFootball05
09-24-2010, 05:43 PM
..a thread run amok!

http://www.upnorthgift.com/signs1/customsign077L.jpg

GoTrojans
09-24-2010, 08:55 PM
This thread has been given the "Betty Crocker Treatment!"

Oh yeah, had to throw one more in there.

It called the Aunt Jemima treatment...You get an "A" for effort though!

srbtrojan
09-24-2010, 09:43 PM
If, after sitting through three games thus far (as I have), seeing replays of key plays in the past two games (as I have) and noting the disorganization, lack of hustle and game mismanagement, I would welcome Boris' take on what the issues are with this team.

Boris' attitude, hustle and inspired play here and 4 Conference Championships are part of our history that gave rise to increased expectations from this program. If this is a "rebuilding year" as some have noted, so be it. We'll take our lumps and move on but passionate fans expect to see improvement each week.

Other than a young QB that can sling passes for excess yardage, and a couple quarters of inspired play at Stillwater, I haven't noted a lot to be positive about this year's edition of our Trojans.

Experienced coaching is key to a turnaround given what we have. Thus far we haven't benefitted from that experience.

I remain optimistic from week to week that we'll see some improvement as our young Trojans gain needed experience. If we do not improve then we can assume 1) that we just don't have the talent (recruiting, a coaching issue), 2) we just don't have the motivation (coaching issue) or 3) we just do not have the coaching to overcome the present mix of issues.

Perhaps many fans are prematurely jumping to conclusion #3.... only time will tell.

Though I don't necessarily agree with everyone's assessments and solutions, I'm proud to count myslf as part of a passionate fan base.. it could be a lot worse, NOBODY CARING AT ALL.

I do not think that former Trojan Team mates getting "defensive" solves any problems either.

GO TROJANS!

...4) We are missing on the field leadership on defense due to lack of experience...remember the two games with no bear!!!

GoTrojans
09-24-2010, 09:47 PM
I agree SRBTrojan....We need someone to step up on the defensive side of the ball. Hopefully we get that tomorrow!

Discophobia
09-24-2010, 10:00 PM
I just noticed the green dots on all of the post and the little saying"blank is on a distinquished road around here" what is up with that? When did that come about and what is it?

moosicman
09-24-2010, 10:01 PM
See the "scales" beside the post number. If you like someones post, you can click on it and approve or disapprove. Then your "rep power" number increases and with it your popularity (or something like that).

Mike Cunningham
09-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Since this thread is all over the place, I'll comment. It's something I'm working. Should have a 'sticky' for all to read in the FAQ section soon.

TFan
09-25-2010, 08:07 AM
...4) We are missing on the field leadership on defense due to lack of experience...remember the two games with no bear!!!

Great point! After those two "efforts" I was well aware of Bear's importance to this team. Coach even took Bear to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium to help from the sidelines but it certainly wasn't the same.

Where's a Bear when you need 'em??

GoTrojans
09-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Bear traveled by himself to the game. Coach did not take him. It would have been an NCAA violation. Bear being a true leader took it upon himself and drove to the game... That's a true leader!

Dothan_Trojan97
09-25-2010, 08:19 AM
..a thread run amok!

Sorry if I contributed to it running amok!

But, still love me some Stripes! Classic Bill Murray! And for those that haven't seen it (Mike), get it on Netflix, then you'll be "in the know."

Hemi Man
09-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Great point! After those two "efforts" I was well aware of Bear's importance to this team. Coach even took Bear to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium to help from the sidelines but it certainly wasn't the same.

Where's a Bear when you need 'em??

Bear and another former Trojan might make an appearance today. You never know who will show up.