PDA

View Full Version : So I don't offend anyone on the "football forum",

wrden
09-23-2010, 03:54 PM
I am posting to the Sound of the South Forum instead. I get so sick of that SOTS bashing over there I could spit nails. For all members of the SOTS, be loud and be proud. I have never known of any Trojans fans so ashamed of the SOTS that they take to putting paper sacks over their avatars. The SOTS is the one thing about Troy football that can always be counted on to please all. The team may choke, (and usually does) but the SOTS always comes through with a great performance. With the exception of maybe 4 games, I have been to every Troy football game at home and away for the last four years and have never left without hearing someone say how awesome the SOTS is. So if you read the football forum, take the comments with a grain of salt and let the "boys" have their forum, but know that the Sound of the South IS Troy University and ALWAYS makes us proud!

BTW, I will be at Trojan Walk but I'll be there to see the Sound of the South!

jgrimsley
09-23-2010, 06:32 PM
They did the paper sacks over their avatars not because of SOTS, but because they were embarrassed about the way the football team played Saturday. (Just a correction, not a slam).

wrden
09-23-2010, 06:39 PM
yes, I'm aware of that, thanks. That's why I said that. They were ashamed of the football team's performance but that has never been the case with the SOTS.

jgrimsley
09-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Sorry, I mis-read your post. :redface::confused:

moosicman
09-23-2010, 09:06 PM
I'm thinking this is probably in response to the stroller that commented that they were annoyed that the SOTS/Hawaii 5-0 poll taking place and being posted in the Football forum.

jgrimsley
09-23-2010, 09:48 PM
May we be forgiven for straying.......................................... .....

wrden
09-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Sorry, I mis-read your post. :redface::confused:
Oh, that's no problem, after I re-read it, it wasn't very clear, I'm bad about that sometimes.

MusicMan
09-23-2010, 11:42 PM
I've learned to take everything with a grain of salt on that forum, I think a lot of people need to pull their heads out of the sand. What people don't realize is that if TROY University's Sound of the South does good or wins the contest, it means good things for Troy. 25k is a great deal of money, but it takes about 50k just to get us up to TN so that money's already spent so to speak

TrojanWarrior418
09-24-2010, 07:34 AM
You know I'm kinda wonder why the Sound isn't marching as much this season? It used to be constant movement on the field with the execption of the drum/danceline feature, but now I've noticed a lot of "park and blow" style this year. Not saying the band is bad, they sound every bit as good as they have in the past, but I notice the band will move, park for a good part of the song, move, park again, move, park...pause then the song is over. Is there something up with the drill?

Just an old band nerd noticing things.

MusicMan
09-24-2010, 10:28 AM
You know I'm kinda wonder why the Sound isn't marching as much this season? It used to be constant movement on the field with the execption of the drum/danceline feature, but now I've noticed a lot of "park and blow" style this year. Not saying the band is bad, they sound every bit as good as they have in the past, but I notice the band will move, park for a good part of the song, move, park again, move, park...pause then the song is over. Is there something up with the drill?

Just an old band nerd noticing things.

A lot of the problem is that there's 350 people on the field during the show, and it's hard to move, another thing is the music requires those sections to be loud, and that's why the "park and blows" are there really. The music is harder than it has been before, and it's a lot faster than what I remember playing, aside from Malaguania, or however you spell it.

Lowbacca
09-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Night in Tunisia. That is all.

TroyTuba
09-24-2010, 04:21 PM
....and La Virgen de la Macarena

FliryVorru
09-24-2010, 08:01 PM
....and La Virgen de la Macarena

http://www.beawesomeinstead.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/1up-mushroom.jpg

Bamcubz
09-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Sounds of the South play thru it all !!! Great Game tonight and as always SOTS were fantastic. :wave:

wrden
09-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Agreed! However, I do hope they don't take the field in the lightning again, not a good thing and glad someone finally thought about this!

Cane gone Trojan
09-29-2010, 10:53 AM
SOTS + Trojan football = AWESOME! I love my Trojan football, but It would not be the same without the SOTS. Go SOTS Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!