PDA

View Full Version : DirecTV?

TSUWhiner
06-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Anyone here a directv owner? If so do you like the college football stuff? I was wondering if there will be any Troy games I can order this fall?

Navarre Trojan
06-09-2005, 06:35 AM
I have DirecTV and I will give you my thoughts. Yes, I like the NCAA football programming that they have, as you can order it by the day versus the entire season (NFL Ticket), although it went up last year to $19.99 per day (it was $11.99 the year before I believe). I have also received the "Sports Package" for the last 3 months for free as part of a promotional. I intend on keeping that because it gives you ALL of the Fox Sports Net channels (although much of the programming is the same and there are a lot of 'blackout' rules). BUT it also gives you CSTV (College Sports TV) and ESPNU. I believe that it is ESPNU that you will find a lot of the Mid-Major games. I think I read on the Sunbelt page that this is also where most of the TV package for the Belt is going to be broadcast.

As far as finding, in advance, what games might be on DirecTV for purchase that feature Troy, I don't know if there is a mechanism in place for that. As I doubt if those programming decisions have been made. I will say this. At our Alumni meeting in April, Steve Dennis did say that the "Troy Network" (don't even know what that is) was in the middle of plans/negotiations to get at least 6 or 7 of the games televised.

As you know, the North Texas Game has already been slated and I think we can anticipate the UAB and MTSU games to be on television as well. If I remember correctly you are somewhere in Texas, so what will be available to you, who knows.

Hope this helps you out.

LSUConnMan
06-13-2005, 06:03 PM
The college gameplan gets updated week to week. you won't know what games you're getting until after you've purchased the entire package. you can look at last year's schedule and get a pretty good idea though...likely 1 or 2 troy games will be broadcast.

but it's definitely $99 extremely well spent.