PDA

View Full Version : Troy firehouse.

newnan trojan
09-20-2010, 09:45 PM
This doesn't involve trojan football or Troy University for that matter. Troy is getting a Firehouse Subs! It's going to be located in the old locker room building. Moving on up in the world haha:rolleyes:

TrueTrojan
09-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Sure hope this business makes it in this building. Every business I can remember has failed here. I don't know if it's how difficult it is to get in & out of the parking lot or poor management. Here's to hoping it lasts! Wish they would've continued the trend of reviving the square...

Psitech
09-20-2010, 10:49 PM
We have one of those here in Albany. They make a pretty good sandwich. I'm sure it will be like any new restaurant opening in Troy - it'll be covered up for at least 2 weeks before the "new" wears off.

I remember when sonic opened, that was a big deal back then! Krystal was also a big deal since it was the only place open 24 hours other than subway and the coffee kettle.

troy4ever21
09-20-2010, 10:59 PM
I love Firehouse Subs, but I won't be eating sandwiches anywhere else now except for Momma Goldberg's! Why can't we get a Cracker Barrel or a Golden Corral?

CHughes1102
09-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Firehouse Subs rocks!!!

RDA Trojan
09-20-2010, 11:07 PM
#3 with chips and a Cherry Lime-Aid! That corned beef brisket and pastrami is awesome. Especially with some Cholula hot sauce on it.

SOTSButterfly
09-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Oh man, I could freaking live off of Firehouse Hook & Ladder subs! I know where I'll be eating when I'm in town!! :D

TroyDrum89
09-20-2010, 11:28 PM
I love me some Momma's Love, but they got nothin' on Firehouse's Hook & Ladder!!! I'm very excited for the arrival of the new Firehouse. :thumb:

While we're on this subject, I heard from a little bird that Troy is getting its own FULL SERVICE Chick-fil-a in the next year. Milkshakes and Spicy Chicken Sandwiches!!! YES!!!

newnan trojan
09-20-2010, 11:41 PM
If I had the money I would open a Red Robin in Troy! There's one in Montgomery and one in Newnan Georgia. They would do great in a college town like Troy!!

TrojanWarrior418
09-21-2010, 04:57 AM
Sure hope this business makes it in this building. Every business I can remember has failed here. I don't know if it's how difficult it is to get in & out of the parking lot or poor management. Here's to hoping it lasts! Wish they would've continued the trend of reviving the square...

From what I've heard the owner wants an insane amount of rent every month (somewhere in the thousands) and you still have payroll, operating cost, etc... to meet. You have a bad month there and your toast.

TroyTuba
09-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Mr. Crowe wants some serious rent money for that place (over $6,000 a month I believe I once heard from somone wanting to use that building)

Harry Baker
09-21-2010, 10:15 AM
My understanding is around $8500 a month...even 6K is ridicules. though.

TroyTuba
09-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Yeah, that's about right and that is way too much

troy4ever
09-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Is this Mr. Crowe of Crowe's chicken?

PCTrojan
09-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Quick little tidbit for everyone, I have heard from a reasonably reliable source that behind the pizza hut, the lot they are clearing, there will be a Hyundai Dealership and a BEEF O'BRADYS Yeah buddy!

newnan trojan
09-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Beef o bradys? GROSS!!!! Why cant Troy get a LongHorns or Olive Garden!:rolleyes:

TrueTrojan
09-21-2010, 12:03 PM
PC --
I think you are right. I don't know who your "little bird" is but mine definitely confirmed the Beef O'Brady's. Not sure if I'm overly excited about that or not...some have great food/atmosphere & some don't. I could definitely do without another Buffalo Junction-like place.

In other news...I know that Yanni's has closed. Anyone know if there's been any interest in that location?

FoulPolePhenom
09-21-2010, 12:39 PM
PC --

In other news...I know that Yanni's has closed. Anyone know if there's been any interest in that location?

I have been told that the restaurant was sold and an Italian place was be taking its spot

GoTroyGo1
09-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Is Crowe's chicken still in Troy? I used to like the rolls and the special sauce ( Thousand Island I think? )

PCTrojan
09-21-2010, 02:08 PM
A Beef O'Brady's is going to be huge to this town. We have something like a Longhorns with Santa Fe and yes I do agree that we need a Olive Garden type restaraunt. I think the BOB will be great for one it is a Sports Bar environment that will actually be open on Sunday's for the NFL and everyone I have been too has always been a great asset to community sports programs.

I would not compare BOB to Buffalo Junction in any way. At best I would consider it a Hybrid between a BJ and a Ruby Tuesday, with Burgers, Wings and good sandwiches. Buffalo Junction is at bets a 3rd rate B-Dubs.

This is a good start to getting some good restaraunts in the Troy area.

goe1975
09-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Firehouse is pretty good. Momma G's is in a great building, but when I went there Friday around 5:30, the service was slooooowwww and they didn't have any pickles (what the heck is up with that?) The reuben I had was pretty good though. But to me, all of those sandwich places are about the same.

Speaking of sandwich shops, I am amazed the Subway located at the corner of 231 and 87 has stayed open. Talk about a terrible location.

Glad to hear about O Brady's. I have been to the one in Enterprise a few times and really liked it.

Santa Fe has been hit and miss. The first couple of times I went it was very good. But the last time it was horrible.

TrojanEmpire
09-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Where is Mama G's located on the square?

PCTrojan
09-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Where is Mama G's located on the square?

Two doors East of WTBF on the square.

TroyTrojan2013
09-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Do you know when Beef o Bradys will open?

TFan
09-21-2010, 08:49 PM
after all these years...

Is Crowe's chicken still in Troy? I used to like the rolls and the special sauce ( Thousand Island I think? )

TrojanEmpire
09-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Two doors East of WTBF on the square.

Man......wish that would have been there when I worked at WTBF

TROJANFAN26
11-10-2010, 10:30 AM
What's the latest news on the restaurant scene in Troy, AL? lol...
Is FireHouse open yet? Any more news on the Beef O Brady's? How about the hot dog place over near KFC?
Beef O Brady's are really hit and miss, some are good, some not so much. I've been to several. There is one in Tallahassee that had a great atmposphere, great staff, bartenders etc.
Regardless, it'll be nice to have a true sports bar type place in Troy, somewhere that you can watch a Sunday NFL game. It's about time!

newnan trojan
11-10-2010, 10:38 AM
If I had the money I would open a Taco Mac in TROY. HOLY COW this place would do a KILLING in TROY. They are based out of Atlanta, the closest one is probably in Newnan, not sure if Columbus has one....They have pretty much any type of beer you can think of. killer chicken wings, and you can see atleast 5 or 6 tvs from where ever you sit. Check it out....

http://www.tacomac.com/

JonesOxygen
11-10-2010, 10:41 AM
What's the latest news on the restaurant scene in Troy, AL? lol...
Is FireHouse open yet? Any more news on the Beef O Brady's? How about the hot dog place over near KFC?
Beef O Brady's are really hit and miss, some are good, some not so much. I've been to several. There is one in Tallahassee that had a great atmposphere, great staff, bartenders etc.
Regardless, it'll be nice to have a true sports bar type place in Troy, somewhere that you can watch a Sunday NFL game. It's about time!

It is not open, they have been working though. The Doghouse is great, I am eating there today. Momma G's is good and they really support Troy. Half Shell, Sisters and Mossy Grove are always perfect.

TROJANFAN26
11-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Wow, impressive! I love a place like that, especially when they have like 50 different beers on tap..nice!

newnan trojan
11-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Wow, impressive! I love a place like that, especially when they have like 50 different beers on tap..nice!

Ya that place is crazy. TVs EVERYWHERE!! BEER EVERYWHERE!!! At the one in Newnan they have game parties there. they have UGA viewing and Falcon game viewings...someone should come up with a few bucks and open one up in TROY ahaha

Tums
11-10-2010, 10:49 AM
It is not open, they have been working though. The Doghouse is great, I am eating there today. Momma G's is good and they really support Troy. Half Shell, Sisters and Mossy Grove are always perfect.

When you think of Weed & have the munchies head to the Doghouse.

J/K's with a play on words. For those of you that do not know the owner of the Doghouse is a Pastor named Weed.

Last year when he was injured I found myself praying for Weed.

JonesOxygen
11-10-2010, 11:07 AM

J/K's with a play on words. For those of you that do not know the owner of the Doghouse is a Pastor named Weed.

You are awful, awfully funny!

RDA Trojan
11-10-2010, 12:41 PM

Is his name J. D. by any chance?

Tums
11-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Is his name J. D. by any chance?

He goes by Rev. "Bo" Weed, do not know his given name is though.

RDA Trojan
11-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Probably not the same guy then. The small town where my parents are from, at my grandparents church, they had a pastor for a couple of years who was going through seminary and his name was J.D. Weed. He went by J.D.

Bubba the Trojan
11-10-2010, 04:26 PM

Bo (Jerome) is originally from the Dothan area, Midland City if I'm not mistaken. I grew up with his wife, Marilyn, and all her brothers, graduated high school with Marilyn. They are fine people. I had no idea they had a restaurant in Troy. I'll have to make sure I try it out sometime.

TroJam
11-10-2010, 07:26 PM
If I had the money I would open a Red Robin in Troy! There's one in Montgomery and one in Newnan Georgia. They would do great in a college town like Troy!!

I think Red Robin is too expensive to survive in TROY. Most college student wouldn't be able to afford the menu.

TSUfaninCALI
11-11-2010, 12:35 AM
I think Red Robin is too expensive to survive in TROY. Most college student wouldn't be able to afford the menu.

as someone who spends a good bit of time in a Red Robin i would say the menu is no more costly on average then Ruby Tuesdays

newnan trojan
11-11-2010, 07:23 AM
as someone who spends a good bit of time in a Red Robin i would say the menu is no more costly on average then Ruby Tuesdays

I agree with this. Red Robin may actually be cheeper...We need more resturants in town like this.

TFan
11-11-2010, 08:33 AM
The Vino Bar opened last night in the old Yanni's location.

Typical opening night glitches but minor stuff, easily fixed. Liquor license due by Friday...

Good menu variety, noted highest $$ item was $16.95. One steak, veal & Chicken Marsalas, 4 fish dishes, Pizzas, Pastas and salads.

The veal was prepared and cooked to a T, I'd prefer more Marsala sauce of course! The wifes Grilled Mahi was excellent. Ample staff, maybe a bit over attentive but helpful none-the-less.

One of the owner's visited our table twice to check on things.. is planning wine tastings, specials etc in the future. He and his partner did a fine job on remodeling, have enclosed a private room for 40 in the rear to host receptions, meetings etc. Wine bar should open this weekend.

Stop by and try it yourself during Homecoming or WKU games.