PDA

View Full Version : Legitimate questions to Coach Blakeney

TroyUfan
09-20-2010, 09:06 AM
These are just questions that I would like to hear an answer from Coach Blakeney. Please know that I am a huge CLB fan.

1] It was evident to anyone at the game Saturday that the defense was struggling in the 2nd half yet we left all three timeouts on the board. Why did we not call a timeout before the "hail mary" pass to make sure the DBs knew exactly what to do defensively? I understand not taking a timeout when UAB was coming off the goal line because it might have helped them, but a "hail mary" is a "hail mary" and you have to make sure the DBs are zoned in on what to do.

2] It seems to me that our DBs seldom turn and play the ball in one on one coverage. Why? It cost us big plays more than once Saturday.

3] On the last drive by UAB all we needed was a sack of the QB, however, we did not bring one or two LBs or a blind side CB a single time. Dropping seven in pass coverage was accomplishing nothing. Therefore, why did we not bring extra pressure?

4] A 2nd and two incomplete pass instead of running the ball for a 1st down against a struggling Central Michigan defense on the last possession in regulation cost us a chance to win the GMAC Bowl, and a 2nd down incomplete pass stopping the clock gave UAB the chance they needed to win the game Saturday. What is the deal with play calling in "game on the line" situations? I love our offense. But sometimes you have to let smarts win out.

5] Antonio Brown ran a kickoff back for a TD in the 4th quarter that gave Central Michigan new life in the GMAC Bowl, and now lackluster special teams play is continuing this year. The Trojans are giving up way too much yardage on kickoffs and punts. What is the problem? Coaching? Players? Both?

GO TroyU!

JonesOxygen
09-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Could not have said it better!

Mr. Ho
09-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Mr. Ho believe LB the major reason we DI or even have GTT.com for that matter. Everyone on board care about TMTDM...we not like NELA where nobody care if lose to UA's B team and LB reason we REALLY care about TMTDM. But here Mr. Ho question:

It seem whenever LB talk nice about other team, TMTDM let up, play out rest of game like they go through motions regardless of situation. TMTDM go up 23-0 and lay down like cheap prison ho or like taking knee inside 10 yard line against CT-Martin when up by 40 points. Mr. Ho know you class act, but LB other teams would stomp on your neck whenever they have a chance. I know it's hard to score when your defense is on the field 3/4ths of the game, but when are you going to start throwing your hat and start stepping on peoples neck?

Look at Oregon or Boise State, they not let up until final gun. It might get people mad, but they hate TMTDM anyway so what the heck.

Here box score Mr. Ho would like to see...granted, Mr. Ho not expect miracle shut-out victory but 59 point at halftime would get my attention.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/boxscore?gid=201009040060

Trojans1andAll
09-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Mr. Ho know you class act, but LB other teams would stomp on your neck whenever they have a chance. I know it's hard to score when your defense is on the field 3/4ths of the game, but when are you going to start throwing your hat and start stepping on peoples neck?

Look at Oregon or Boise State, they not let up until final gun. It might get people mad, but they hate TMTDM anyway so what the heck.

Here box score Mr. Ho would like to see...granted, Mr. Ho not expect miracle shut-out victory but 59 point at halftime would get my attention.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/boxscore?gid=201009040060

Wow, Mr. Ho does it again!

Discophobia
09-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Great post, Ho and TroyUfan.

Mr. Ho
09-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Wow, Mr. Ho does it again!

Mr. Ho try to do it once per day whether he need to or not...Mrs. Ho get tire of Mr. Ho doing it too.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/141/345851945_6b1d407f02_o.jpg

Discophobia
09-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Wow, 2nd from the end!!!! Thanks, Ho I needed that this morning.

Mr. Ho
09-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Wow, 2nd from the end!!!! Thanks, Ho I needed that this morning.

Mr. Ho "Go-to" File is never empty...

DedicatedTrojan84
09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
I would love to have these answered. Maybey they can be moved to the front for Trojan Talk Tuesday night.

trojanbrutha
09-20-2010, 10:29 AM
I would love to have these answered. Maybey they can be moved to the front for Trojan Talk Tuesday night.

Post your questions to the ISP Facebook page and Barry will queue them up...He has gotten to several of the questions I've posted. It beats asking your questions on a message board if you can actually address someone in real life. Plus...have at it with emails and phone numbers...http://www.troytrojans.com/staff.aspx?tab=directory