PDA

View Full Version : Chipshot, LB-haters, bag heads, and others...

Mike Cunningham
09-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Why do people have to SHOUT DOWN others that don't agree with them? I don't get it, not at all.

I'm all for everyone sharing their opinion, but why do posters have to use comments like "where have you been", "open your eyes", "you must live in a hole", etc when anyone expresses an opposite opinion?

Heck maybe I should do like one prominent poster has asked and delete every negative post that ever gets posted. I think that's 100% the wrong way to go (and we'll never go that route), but man, it's hard to read posters saying that they don't post much because all they get is 'shouted down' when they express their opinion.

Or maybe I should shut the board down for a 'cooling down' time whenever we lose one that 'we shouldn't have lost'.

Now we allow someone like chipshot, who ONLY posts when we have a loss, to come in and be the guy who goads us and girds us on to more arguments. Doesn't make sense to me, not one bit.

While chipshot hasn't done anything yet to be banned, trust me that I'm watching carefullly.

Chipshot, you are definitly the type of person that I watch and wait and want to ban. You are a pollyanna, a band wagon fan 100% of the definition.

I've never called anyone out publicly before on this board, but chipshot you're the first. I don't have to like you to let you keep posting, but I sure don't like you, your attitude, your opportunistic timing of complaints against the team, etc.

For others who are being negative now, I'm kind of ok with it, because as far as I can tell you have been here to be positive for the team in the past as well.

Chipshot, not you man. You ONLY show up to pour on the negativity. Your ulterior motives, while not understood by me, are not hidden from me either.

TUTrojan
09-19-2010, 06:28 PM
How likely is it that he is just an alter-ego of someone that usually goes by another name on here but uses that alias to go negative?

troy145
09-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Nobody is shouting anybody down. Sometimes, in programs where winning is important to the fans, people argue. Its healthy. It shows people care. People don't get pissed if they don't care. And we're pissed.

You want to grow into a program that can run with the big boys? I'll tell you this: on the big boy forums they don't all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

troy145
09-19-2010, 06:31 PM
AS for Chipshot, you could jsut PM him.

On other forums I visit, theres a probation thing. You put it on them for a few weeks so they can't start threads and have to especially watch what they say. You might explore that route.

TroyFootball05
09-19-2010, 06:35 PM
Nobody is shouting anybody down. Sometimes, in programs where winning is important to the fans, people argue. Its healthy. It shows people care. People don't get pissed if they don't care. And we're pissed.

You want to grow into a program that can run with the big boys? I'll tell you this: on the big boy forums they don't all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

You've done it to me before. Basically, because I didn't pick Troy to beat OKST, you went on a rant about how I wasn't a true troy fan. You got pretty heated by my prediction. That's a shut down. I don't come on here to have fights. I come on ehre to voice my opinion, and if someone is going to tell me I'm not a real troy fan, I'll just stop posting. I don't need any of that nonsense, troy145. I am who I am, I know what I'm not. But I am a real true fan. For you to go all psychoanalytic on me and think you know me and what I am, makes me want to stay away. I'm someone wants to talk down to me, I'm just going to watch away, I'm not going to engage in a pissing match. You do this alot whether you realise it or not. It's just not fun to come on here, epress my opnion and tell me I'm not a real troy fan. You don't know, you're not in my head, so please stop trying to label me.

Just because I'm not raging mad doesn't mean I don't care. I, like many others, have different ways of dealing with things. It happens. On a personal level, if I make a mistake, I can either let it tear me apart or I can get up and move forward. I love the trojans, but I'm not going to waste negative energy steaming over a loss. That's just my way of dealing with things. Some people look at is apathy, for me it's a great way make sure I'm on track with the next thing that comes my way, and not blowing a gasket over what happened yesterday. But don't tell me who I am. You're not me.

troy145
09-19-2010, 06:37 PM
I come on ehre to voice my opinion, and if someone is going to tell me I'm not a real troy fan, I'll just stop posting.

Thats your problem, not mine. Your "Quick Reply" function works just the same as mine does. You just apparently don't want to keep using it.

Anyways, I'd like someone to show me where I said someone wasn't a "real Troy fan." Maybe I did, but I don't remember it. I think I remember telling all of you people who thought OkSt would blow us out to go and let our players hear about all of your "support." I thought, and still think, that it'd be healthy for you people to hear what they thought of you predicting their loss.

TroyFootball05
09-19-2010, 06:43 PM
Thats your problem, not mine. Your "Quick Reply" function works just the same as mine does. You just apparently don't want to keep using it.

Anyways, I'd like someone to show me where I said someone wasn't a "real Troy fan." Maybe I did, but I don't remember it. I think I remember telling all of you people who thought OkSt would blow us out to go and let our players hear about all of your "support." I thought, and still think, that it'd be healthy for you people to hear what they thought of you predicting their loss.

Where's your "support" now? Are you gonna walk into larry's office and tell him you want CHANGE and you want it NOW? If you think it's healthy, then go give them a piece of your mind, in person. Email is for people who want to hide behind the computer. Go there, tell him your real name, and tell him you want change. This is YOUR idea. YOU should do it. And if you're NOT the one doing that, then please stop telling ME what to do. I personally don't think you should. But that's me.

troy145
09-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Where's your "support" now? Are you gonna walk into larry's office and tell him you want CHANGE and you want it NOW?

His office is too far away but, yeah, our AD will have something waiting in his email inbox Monday morning.

TroyFootball05
09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
His office is too far away but, yeah, our AD will have something waiting in his email inbox Monday morning.

An email? That won't do you any good. If you really want change you need to buy a bus ticket, or drive there and speak to them in person, otherwise you're just hiding behind an email address. They will not take you seriously. The whole email bomb the AD has been done by other schools 1,000 times, and it never works. If I'm going to tell someone who's not on here my mind, I will walk tehre in person and get something accomplished. Otherwise we're basting in a giant bowl of negativity that gets us NOWHERE. All of you who do want change are doing NOTHING aout it. It's just *****ing if you don't act. So many of you who want change are going to talk to them personally? I know not all of you live out of town. I bet very few, if any, would do more than send a nasty email that never does anything anyway. You want change? Then do something more than wasting time on a message board. State your opnion publically. But you won't and that's fine, but myself and mike are tired of reading about it when none of you want to walk over there yourself and enact the change you speak of.

Go ahead and dig into the box of excuses for every reason you can't do something. If you want change bad enough, you'll do something to make it happen. Hell, if it's really your dream, what's stopping you? In the long run, when it comes to taking that first step, most of you will quit right there, and not take a step further. If you honestly believe you know how winning is done, then go tell them how it's done. Otherwise your wasting your own time and your actually selling yourself short. Who's gonna step up? I'm not, I don't want a part of it. But I'm willing to bed the majority of you don't have the balls to stand behind your convictions.

troy145
09-19-2010, 06:57 PM

Then be tired of it. You can go sit on your thumbs and be content to do nothing while squatting on a 1-2 start to a season when we should be 3-0, and me and those like me will do our thing. With all due respect, internet stranger, I could honestly care less what you think you know. You didn't even think our boys could hang with the Pokes.

TroyFootball05
09-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Then be tired of it. You can go sit on your thumbs and be content to do nothing while squatting on a 1-2 start to a season when we should be 3-0, and me and those like me will do our thing. With all due respect, internet stranger, I could honestly care less what you think you know. You didn't even think our boys could hang with the Pokes.

I'm still waiting for you to walk up the coaches and tell them personally why you want change. I'm waiting for you to stop digging into your box of excuses and drive up there and tell them. You're all bark, no bite, as is with the rest of you who demand change but aren't willing to walk the mile, or even get out of bed to do it. If you want it BAD, there will be no excuse. Email doesn't work, they wont take you seriously.

troy145
09-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm still waiting for you to walk up the coaches and tell them personally why you want change. I'm waiting for you to stop digging into your box of excuses and drive up there and tell them. You're all nark, no bite, as is with the rest of you who demand change but aren't willing to walk the mile, or even get out of bed to do it. If you want it BAD, there will be no excuse. Email doesn't work, they wont take you seriously.

Like I said, I'm not looking for your approval so... :wave:

TroyFootball05
09-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Like I said, I'm not looking for your approval so... :wave:

I knew you wouldnt have anything to say after that. You were met with logic that actually makes sense on this board, thats why you have no responce. You won't stand behind your words. That's all I needed from you. This conversation is now over. Have a nice day. :wave:

troy145
09-19-2010, 07:12 PM
This conversation is now over. Have a nice day.

If you would get half as motivated to actually make changes in our football program to generate victories as you are in order to try and pat your back for thinking you won an e-fight, we might not be 1-2.

And for all your wisdom, you'd think you'd know how to spell "response."

goe1975
09-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Sorry was trying to lighten the thread up a little...

chipshot
09-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Why do people have to SHOUT DOWN others that don't agree with them? I don't get it, not at all.

I'm all for everyone sharing their opinion, but why do posters have to use comments like "where have you been", "open your eyes", "you must live in a hole", etc when anyone expresses an opposite opinion?

Heck maybe I should do like one prominent poster has asked and delete every negative post that ever gets posted. I think that's 100% the wrong way to go (and we'll never go that route), but man, it's hard to read posters saying that they don't post much because all they get is 'shouted down' when they express their opinion.

Or maybe I should shut the board down for a 'cooling down' time whenever we lose one that 'we shouldn't have lost'.

Now we allow someone like chipshot, who ONLY posts when we have a loss, to come in and be the guy who goads us and girds us on to more arguments. Doesn't make sense to me, not one bit.

While chipshot hasn't done anything yet to be banned, trust me that I'm watching carefullly.

Chipshot, you are definitly the type of person that I watch and wait and want to ban. You are a pollyanna, a band wagon fan 100% of the definition.

I've never called anyone out publicly before on this board, but chipshot you're the first. I don't have to like you to let you keep posting, but I sure don't like you, your attitude, your opportunistic timing of complaints against the team, etc.

For others who are being negative now, I'm kind of ok with it, because as far as I can tell you have been here to be positive for the team in the past as well.

Chipshot, not you man. You ONLY show up to pour on the negativity. Your ulterior motives, while not understood by me, are not hidden from me either.

So let me get this right...you start a thread to rant about negativity and in that thread you personally attack someone....guess I get banned for calling you out on your own hypocrisy. Further, I have never been critical of any player on the team....ever. Get your facts straight before you claim I have ever called out a student athlete for any performance on the field. The coaching staff is a different story. They are paid a tremendous amount of money compared to other faculty members on campus while never having to live up to even minimum performance standards. Bet the rest of the campus personnel would love that policy. If you can never say anything negative about LB on this board then fine. Put a sticky on the front page and notify everyone. Heck, its your board do what you want but do not claim its a place for a free exchange of ideas. But do not get mad because someone makes you look at reality without LB's rose colored glasses on. Frankly, your response of posting this thread shows the weakness in your arguments in support of LB. So here's a couple of things you need to learn: 1)there is a difference between criticism of LB and criticism of Troy, and 2) do not be a hypocrite.

Mike Cunningham
09-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Your remarks, false posts, 'look over here while I distract you' posts, and utter bull**** wears thin.

chipshot
09-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Your remarks, false posts, 'look over here while I distract you' posts, and utter bull**** wears thin.

Well this will be my last post until the 2011 edition. Hope ya have a great year. But you said one thing I could not let slide...name one "false post". Just because you cannot intelligently refute it does not make it false. So see ya next year and will check in to see if those rose colored glasses have faded a bit.

See ya at the games. You do go to the games right????

Mike Cunningham
09-19-2010, 07:58 PM
I appreciate your self ban (until next year).

TroyFootball05
09-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Well this will be my last post until the 2011 edition. Hope ya have a great year. But you said one thing I could not let slide...name one "false post". Just because you cannot intelligently refute it does not make it false. So see ya next year and will check in to see if those rose colored glasses have faded a bit.

See ya at the games. You do go to the games right????

So you tell him you wont post anymore and then ask him a question...your ego will keep you coming back. If you don't simply because of what I just said, then great! :thumb:

Burn the Horse
09-19-2010, 09:01 PM
everyone needs to calm down. '05, you and troy145 take it to PM. Mike, try not to kill anyone. :rolleyes:

TroyFootball05
09-19-2010, 09:09 PM
everyone needs to calm down. '05, you and troy145 take it to PM. Mike, try not to kill anyone. :rolleyes:

A lot of us got out of hand, myself included. I'll take the blame for my part.

Onward Ho! :thumb:

Psitech
09-19-2010, 09:09 PM

Thank you! :)

Mike Cunningham
09-19-2010, 09:20 PM
http://www.buckslungs.org/assets/images/hyperventilation.jpg

GoTroyGo1
09-19-2010, 09:23 PM
I've been of the opinion that LB has no idea about football tactics, and Troy University doesn't have the resources to compete with major colleges in football for almost 20 years. That doesn't mean I don't support the University and its athletic dept. I made several 500 mile trips for many years to see the Trojans play, and now I wake up in the early hours of Sunday mornings as I live halfway around the world just to follow the football games on the internet. I wonder if any of you have ever tried to follow a Trojans game on the internet while at sea on a U.S. Naval warship? This does not include the monthly checks I send to the University Foundation. I would follow Troy Football just as diligently if we were an NAIA team again. Troy belongs, in my humble estimation, in the FCS until, there is another division created between the "Big Six"conferences and the FCS, or, we get a huge infusion of money and a fan base to rival the Crimson Tide or Tigers.There is a rationale for having different divisions in NCAA athletics. How many of you would be on here whining if we were to win the FCS title while could be a possibility in 4-5 years if we did what I think is best for this University and its football program? Now, am I the bad guy??:confused:

Burn the Horse
09-19-2010, 09:30 PM
I've been of the opinion that LB has no idea about football tactics, and Troy University doesn't have the resources to compete with major colleges for almost 20 years. That doesn't mean I don't support the University and its athletic dept. I made several 500 mile trips to see the Trojans play and now wake up in the early hours while living hallfway around the world to follow the games on the internet. I would follow Troy just as dilligently if we were an NAIA team again. Troy belongs in the FCS until, there is another division created between the "Big Six" and FCS, or, we get a huge infusion of money and a fan base to rival the Crimson Tide or Tigers. Now, am I the bad guy??:confused:

Bad guy? No. Wrong? Yes.

Discophobia
09-19-2010, 10:55 PM
"I wonder if any of you have ever tried to follow a Trojans game on the internet while at sea on a U.S. Naval warship?" No, but I have followed the Trojans faithfully in two combat zones even getting up at 2am to listen to them while at an outpost on the Pakistan border. Thank you for your service in the Navy. I respect your opinion but I disagree. I think we just need to make some adjustments on the staff. If we were North Texas I might say you are right, but we arent and we can pull this thing together.

Burn the Horse
09-19-2010, 11:06 PM
One of our posters was expressing his dismay at the loss and stating how difficult it is to be a Troy fan over on the Belt bbs board. A Louisiana fan spoke up and scorned him for his ignorence. Told him something to the effect of, "you should be thankful that your team win's conference titles every year. you think it's hard to be a Troy fan? we've been waiting on a bowl game since you guys joined Div. 1."

It made me really appreciate how far we've come in such a short time. We drop a lot of heartbreakers, but we are a winning program after just a decade of FBS ball. The majority of our Conference breathren would kill to be in our position, and some of them have been playing FBS ball a while.

Don't hang your heads, be proud to wear Cardinal!

God Bless Troy.

MusicMan
09-19-2010, 11:10 PM
That's a great point BTH. I'm glad we can all be upset about losing to the likes of OSU and UAB because we should've won. That means we're competing with "big boys" and are getting to be a bigger fish in a huge pond. Makes me proud to be a Trojan, even though watching games like OSU and UAB make me stroke out