PDA

View Full Version : Call of the game (WTF)

Vestavia Trojan
09-18-2010, 07:02 PM
WHY would we pass on second down with 1:45 left in the game when UAB has only one time out left??????? IF we run the ball, we take off an additional 30 seconds and the hail Mary never happens??? WTF??? Even Jounior High coaches don't call that play....

This loss will pay dividends later with his young team... But DAM~ what a BONEHEADED call.

Pcbtrojan
09-18-2010, 07:07 PM
What was sad was that we were having some good runs late in the game. First year offensive coordinator.

btrojan
09-18-2010, 07:38 PM
The pass call was what lost the game. We lost the lsu game because of a first year guy calling passes . I have never coached anything and I know that you have to run the time off of the clock

JonesOxygen
09-18-2010, 07:39 PM
WHY would we pass on second down with 1:45 left in the game when UAB has only one time out left??????? IF we run the ball, we take off an additional 30 seconds and the hail Mary never happens??? WTF??? Even Jounior High coaches don't call that play....

This loss will pay dividends later with his young team... But DAM~ what a BONEHEADED call.

You are dead on. As mad as I am about the final minute defensively. It should have never come to that. Jamie took a snap with 30 sec on the Pali clock on that drive. How does that happen?! The deep pass was am awful call!!!

newnan trojan
09-18-2010, 07:40 PM
We tend to ALWAYS have these crap games once a year. Last year was bowling green, the year before was lousiana Monroe. Maybe this year is UAB.... I hope!

number1troyfan
09-18-2010, 08:04 PM

i agree completely but if bruce wouldnt have dropped it we wouldve have a 2 td margin victory. another player that lost it was michael taylor a missed pat wouldve left the game going into OT but 2 kickoffs out of bounds set uab up to come back. all in all we screwed up everything

Discophobia
09-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Yes bad play call, however I would say our once again our inability to adjust on defense after the half and our defensive meltdown cost us the game!!!! 535 to UAB!!!!

Florida_Trojan
09-18-2010, 09:16 PM
i agree. I only coach pop warner and I even know better than that.

DedicatedTrojan84
09-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Best post ever. I think Eddenfield needs to explain that to all of us. Troy is the most horrible clock management team of all time. This always happens when trying to run clock. Its a simple thing to do but they just do not get it.

GoTroyGo1
09-19-2010, 08:59 AM
And people wonder why Blakeney has never left Troy for a bigger school. He is a million dollar recruiter and a 50 cent tactician. Almost all of his wins through the years have been the result of Troy just having too many athletes for the opposition.

GoTrojans
09-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Joke, Joke, Joke....Most of you here are a BIG joke. POSERS would be a better word. You talk like you actually have a clue about the game of football. The extra point was not a kicker issue but a VERY poor snap issue. Our wins have been because we have better talent? Sure, Most of the time that's how you win games....It's called RECRUITING! Did we have better players when we beat Mizzou? What about Marshall? D-1 football is about depth. Our 1st team can compete with anyone...It's our backups that need work. Here we go again...Posers.... Ready, SHOOT, Aim! We still have a conference to win!

Carolina Trojan
09-19-2010, 06:30 PM

Truer words were never spoken. This along with snapping the ball the entire 4th quarter with 10-20 seconds left on the play clock is inexcusable. This has become a pattern that continually loses us ball games.