PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Williams

TrojanWar
05-26-2005, 09:59 PM
Did anyone else hear Johnny Williams on Maxxed Out this morning? He talked about his days starting out and told the complete story of how he came to be AD all the way from his first coaching jobs. It was great to hear some of the stories and you could tell he truly loves Troy University to this day. He hardly even mentioned Alabama. It was all about Troy and his time here. I know many people were upset about him leaving, but I think he was only trying to better himself financially and you can't blame him for that. He's a heck of a guy in my opinion.

jerryopp
05-27-2005, 07:49 AM
I didn't hear the interview, but I have always thought the world of Coach Williams. He was athletic director when I was at TSU. I worked on the Coach Blakeny Show and he was always nice to me and the other students who even though we were students journalist, he treated us just like he did the people from the bigger stations, I will never forget that.
I sent him an email once with some suggestions about marketing the program. He emailed me back and asked me to come to Troy and talk about my suggestions. I did and he took time out of his schedule to talk to me and listened to my ideas. I don't think I had any ideas that someone else wouldn't have thought of but it is nice that we are starting to see more about Troy in the national media. Johnny Williams was a major part of that.
I wish him all the luck in the world.

Trojan1998
05-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Coach Williams will be a tough act to follow. I hate that he's gone but hopefully Troy will be better off because of his leadership. He certainly raised the bar and has put a lot of expectations on the new A.D.

Navarre Trojan
05-31-2005, 10:53 AM
all the way up to his hiring at Alabama, then it seemed that the bottom fell out. We had Scott running around trying to get the bowl deal set up, we had an open slot on the schedule for 2005 (finally had to take a D-IAA team to fill that slot, and one from California at that - no visitors will be coming to that game, BTW). I am not saying that JW didn't do a great job, he did. However, I also think he left us hanging with several loose ends still untied when he left. I will forever remember these things as well. I wish him the best of luck, I hope he has a great career at Alabama.

Go Trojans