PDA

View Full Version : Great start by those excellent Sun Belt officials

JonesOxygen
09-03-2010, 11:40 AM
http://www.dnj.com/article/20100903/BLUERAIDERS01/100903006/Blog-Sun-Belt-officials-blew-call-in-MTSU-loss

The Messenger
09-03-2010, 11:45 AM
I was wondering about that. That sucks. Still a great game though. Not as good as Utah-Pitt, but good.

a251trojan
09-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Cry me a river!

Navarre Trojan
09-03-2010, 11:51 AM
I am not so sure that he is down, even in the DNJ photo, which probably wasn't available to the officiating crew (wouldn't have had time to possible Photoshop). I know that they looked at that play, at every angle provided and could not come up with 'conclusive' evidence to overturn.

BTW, the officials of this game had NOTHING to do with the loss. However, it appears that the local print media is trying to rationalize why the Blue Raiders lost. The main reason they lost? BECAUSE Dwight Dasher decided he needed some flow and used an elderly man to get it. Now sitting while his team loses and the local paper blames (partially) the officiating, sad, very, very sad.

nasupporter
09-03-2010, 11:56 AM
Looks like his jersey is on the ground, not his butt...... but WHO CARES?

GO TROJANS!

Troy87
09-03-2010, 12:06 PM
I am not so sure that he is down, even in the DNJ photo, which probably wasn't available to the officiating crew (wouldn't have had time to possible Photoshop). I know that they looked at that play, at every angle provided and could not come up with 'conclusive' evidence to overturn.

EXACTLY!!!

Though I believe Beyah was down when the ball was knocked form his hand, the video available to review the play had the critical aspect of this play blocked from view of the camera, and it could not be conclusively overturned.

And, FWIW, I don't think Dasher's absence from the game had much, if anything to do with Middle's loss. Minnesota just leaned on the DL of Middle and wore them out. To Middle's credit, to score 17 pts in what was essentially one quarter's worth of playing time, I think they did well. Ball control is the name of the game. Those who have it most, usually win...simple as that.

reded
09-03-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm not an MT apologist, however after all of the games I've watched over the years, I can state unequivocally that SBC officiating SUCKS big time.It's terrible whether the call goes for or against us. I think that Wrong Waters Ought to use a different homeless shelter from which to recruit these officiating crews. With minimum wage up to $7.25 per hour, we could do much better.

TroyFootball05
09-03-2010, 12:58 PM
EXACTLY!!!To Middle's credit, to score 17 pts in what was essentially one quarter's worth of playing time, I think they did well

Minnesota brought 11 new starters on defense, the whole squad was different from the year before. They played on the road with an entirely new defense from top to bottom. MTSU scoring only 17 even with a backup QB (who played really well I might add, he's better than dasher) isn't that big of a deal, considering it was their super bowl, in their house. Kilgore played well, they just got outcoached and oversized, which I knew would happen. I just think the media has a hard on for MTSU and hyped them way more than they should have been hyped.

Navarre Trojan
09-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Minnesota brought 11 new starters on defense, the whole squad was different from the year before. They played on the road with an entirely new defense from top to bottom. MTSU scoring only 17 even with a backup QB (who played really well I might add, he's better than dasher) isn't that big of a deal, considering it was their super bowl, in their house. Kilgore played well, they just got outcoached and oversized, which I knew would happen. I just think the media has a hard on for MTSU and hyped them way more than they should have been hyped.

Like our Troy team from last year! That is, until we didn't show up in Bowling Green, Ohio. Then everyone realized that there was MUCH WORK needed to get where we ended up.

socrgoly25
09-03-2010, 01:52 PM
The main reason they lost? BECAUSE Dwight Dasher decided he needed some flow and used an elderly man to get it. Now sitting while his team loses and the local paper blames (partially) the officiating, sad, very, very sad.

It wasn't so much what Dasher brought to the field, because anyone can be replaced. I'd say it was more the timing of all of the madness over there. Feeling like you are set on offense with a couple weeks before the opener then you lose your star quarterback can't be easy to overcome, especially considering the circumstances.

yeahIwin
09-03-2010, 02:24 PM
a still photo does nothing. You can't tell by that shot if the ball was on the way out or not as it freezes one moment in the play.

Troy87
09-03-2010, 02:30 PM
It wasn't so much what Dasher brought to the field, because anyone can be replaced. I'd say it was more the timing of all of the madness over there. Feeling like you are set on offense with a couple weeks before the opener then you lose your star quarterback can't be easy to overcome, especially considering the circumstances.

Hmmmmm....kinda like losing two cornerbacks in the 10 days before the season opener on the road. Hard to recover, and almost as hard to replace.

BMarkey
09-04-2010, 12:23 AM
From the TV angles, he appeared to clearly be down. The announcers agreed.

MTSU's defense just could not stop the Minn. line and backs in the fourth quarter. The Golphers' run game killed the Raiders.

sasquatch67
09-04-2010, 09:18 AM
From the TV angles, he appeared to clearly be down. The announcers agreed.

MTSU's defense just could not stop the Minn. line and backs in the fourth quarter. The Golphers' run game killed the Raiders.

He was down. Not a garuantee they march down the field though and score. Minn O-line was huge. RT 71 had to be 385lb!!

BlueRaiderFn
09-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Having Dasher out hurt. Minnesota over pursued on many plays and Dasher would have made them pay. I'm not saying we would have won, but we would have had a better shot.