PDA

View Full Version : Parking

TroyDrum89
08-26-2010, 01:21 PM
This part of the forum is rarely used, so I think I'll just get on here and let it all out...

PARKING :censored: SUCKS!!!

Wow, I feel better already. But seriously, I know the construction is having a negative effect on the already-horrible parking situation. That's cool. What I'm really REALLY upset at is the enormous amount of commuters and residents that STILL HAVE A 2009 DECAL and are getting away with parking wherever the heck they want! New parking zones? Great idea; but why aren't they enforcing the zones? It is completely unfair to the students who paid the (higher, might I add) price for the decal. Several commuters, residents, and EVEN faculty are getting away with having old decals and parking anywhere they want. That is just unfair.

Troy University Police... GET OUT OF YOUR GOLF CARTS AND HAND OUT TICKETS... PLEASE!!!

Room Guy
08-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Have ticket fines gone up, too?

I wish they'd only issue as many decals as there are actual parking spaces on campus. If they're already doing that, then they may want to consider issuing decals for specific parking lots (instead of commuter/resident/faculty).

That, or build a parking deck...

troy145
09-21-2010, 02:32 AM
Parking sucks everywhere. FSU, UCF, UF... I know their parking situations are all abysmal as well.

MusicMan
09-25-2010, 09:15 AM
The police do give tickets, I've recieved three. Two for making a spot in Smith and one when my roommate parked in Sartain, the freshman lot, when we're upperclassman. There's two upper classman parking lots, beind TC and behind Smith. That's freaking ridiculous, band member's can't even park at the band field because it's "resident" parking.

TroyDrum89
09-25-2010, 10:52 AM
band member's can't even park at the band field because it's "resident" parking.

Darn right it's resident parking! The band members still park there anyways and it fills up the lots so residents can't park.

MusicMan
09-25-2010, 10:47 PM
I don't park there, some do during rehearsals, but I generally park in the nursing lots. If you're referring to the afternoons, that's not just band members, a lot of intermural people park there too

TrojanEmpire
09-25-2010, 11:06 PM
The police do give tickets, I've recieved three. Two for making a spot in Smith and one when my roommate parked in Sartain, the freshman lot, when we're upperclassman. There's two upper classman parking lots, beind TC and behind Smith. That's freaking ridiculous, band member's can't even park at the band field because it's "resident" parking.

This brings back such memories! There were parking problems when I was there and will continue to be when some people are just too dadgum lazy to walk to class (if they live on campus) or get up a few minutes earlier to get a spot.

When I lived on campus, I never drove to class. When I lived on campus, I got up a few minutes earlier to get there and get a spot. AND I LIKED IT!

Dang kids these days!