PDA

View Full Version : UNT on ESPN Tues Night

TroJam
05-10-2005, 08:04 PM
I just heard that the North Texas game will be on ESPN's Tuesday night game with other game day changes to follow. I can't remember if was the Tues before or after now scheduled game.

I also heard that the MTSU game will be moved to the week after on 11/26/05.

I heard this from LB tonight at the Chattahoochee Valley Alumni mtg.

TROYgirl128
05-10-2005, 08:23 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I don't know how I feel about all of these week games. Students will be on campus, but I think that those who don't normally stick around for football, aren't going to make any special plans for going to these games. The administration wasn't crazy about REQUESTING that we get out early for Missouri last year. It takes away some of the football atmosphere. I don't know. I'm one of those students who always manages to get those teachers who refuse to let us out of class unless the admin says they HAVE to.

What do all of you think?

TroJam
05-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Great for publicity but not for attendence. If this game becomes official the one good thing is it is in Denton and not Troy.

TROYgirl128
05-10-2005, 10:02 PM
great for publicity maybe...but it doesn't look good if the stadium is empty

Baby Arm!
05-10-2005, 10:07 PM
I just heard that the North Texas game will be on ESPN's Tuesday night game with other game day changes to follow. I can't remember if was the Tues before or after now scheduled game.

I also heard that the MTSU game will be moved to the week after on 11/26/05.

I heard this from LB tonight at the Chattahoochee Valley Alumni mtg.

"now scheduled game" ... are you saying the game has been moved to the weekend of 11/19??

If so, I can't see them scheduling the Tuesday before. Both teams have games on that Saturday. It it's on Tuesday Nov 22 it would make more sense.

faithintsu
05-10-2005, 10:44 PM
There are so many things going around right now that no one actually has a clue whats going on. We are going to have to wait for a offical release on it all, as there are many things changeing, and we can thank ESPN for all of this.

TroJam
05-11-2005, 04:42 AM
I believe it was going to be on 11/22 and the with other games shifting which would give a 10 day break between North Texas the next game if all the game shuffling came together. Word of caution - LB did say that Steve D was working on that game and rescheduling two other games including MTSU so nothing is official yet. But since the info came from LB, we can be sure there will be some changes.

TSUWhiner
05-11-2005, 09:57 AM
I heard..i heard this...i heard that...blah blah

1. I heard that we are playing a home and home series every day of the week against UNT.

2. I heard that Willy Barns is the new O-Line coach

3. I heard that the geek who does the Movie Gallery commercials is actually Mr. Ho.

4. I heard that we will play MTSU in place of Monday Night Football.

5. I heard that Cal Poly will be our home opener every year now until Aublow has enough balls to play us.

6. I heard that Hector will be the mascot still with no additional changes needed.

7. I heard there are no championship banners being placed in the Movie Gallery at Troy Field.com/Waffle House Stadium this year.

TroJam
05-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Umm...sure Whiner...whatever you say. :roll:

tsufl
05-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Whiner... you just made my day buddy! :lol:

svenattroy
05-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Umm...sure Whiner...whatever you say. :roll:

I believe the sarcasm is lost upon our good friend TroJam.

TroJam
05-12-2005, 07:14 AM
...and it won't be the first time or the last time I was lost

tsufl
05-12-2005, 08:23 AM
what the hell does it matter if the UNT game is moved to a Tuesday night? The game is in Denton Texas for crying out loud! If its on ESPN via a national telecast ALL trojan fans will get to see it as well as everyone else around the country. Also, why is moving the MTSU game such a big deal? By moving that one it will be after the Crap Bowl and all of you double fans will be able to see both Troy and whichever other team you people pull for. Moving the MTSU game will help our attendance tremendously since we wont be competing for attention with the Alasuck and Aublow (sorry whiner) game. Once again, it appears as though you people are just looking for something to b*tch about. You b*tch when its good news, you b*tch when its bad news and you b*tch when its no news. :evil: :roll: :x

Trojan1998
05-12-2005, 08:33 AM
Great post tsufl. I concur 100%.

TROYgirl128
05-12-2005, 01:01 PM
tsufl, I don't know if that was directed at me or not. Either way, it's fine. However, from a student's standpoint who doesn't give a damn about the Iron Bowl, I don't want to have that game during the week. I don't like games during the week because I don't get to tailgate. I don't get to hang out. All I get to do is walk out of class and to the game. People complain about the tailgating atmosphere, but hey, it's better than nothing, right? We want to be able to compete with other teams, yet we move our games so that we don't have to compete with them for attendance. I don't understand the logic there. We want to prove that we can hold our own and have our own fans and do our thing, yet we move one of our big games because we're scared that people would rather be in Tuscaloosa or Aubnrn. If they want to go to Tusc or AU, let em go. At least we know the TROY fans are still at MGVS.

We're moving games for "national exposure." That's great...it'll be even better when our 30,000 person stadium is only half full.

I apologize to you though, because I didn't realize that the UNT game was in Texas. I guess that I didn't pay attention to that part. My bad.

And by-the-way, I have better things to b*tch about. I love Troy and I love Troy football, but there are so many other things that I could spend my energy b*tching about. I was just trying to provide an alternate opinion from a student who doesn't care about Alabama and/or Auburn.

faithintsu
05-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Think that might be the fist time I have ever seen TroyGirl get upset, and people say she is quiet and reserved....pffft

TROYgirl128
05-12-2005, 04:04 PM
:lol:

tsufl
05-12-2005, 09:54 PM
tsufl, I don't know if that was directed at me or not. Either way, it's fine. However, from a student's standpoint who doesn't give a damn about the Iron Bowl, I don't want to have that game during the week. I don't like games during the week because I don't get to tailgate. I don't get to hang out. All I get to do is walk out of class and to the game. People complain about the tailgating atmosphere, but hey, it's better than nothing, right? We want to be able to compete with other teams, yet we move our games so that we don't have to compete with them for attendance. I don't understand the logic there. We want to prove that we can hold our own and have our own fans and do our thing, yet we move one of our big games because we're scared that people would rather be in Tuscaloosa or Aubnrn. If they want to go to Tusc or AU, let em go. At least we know the TROY fans are still at MGVS.

chill out girl, geez didnt meant to bust a blood vessel. You will note that more students are on campus during the week than on the weekend regardless of wether or not the Crap Bowl is being played. If anyone should be pissed about moving the game to a weekday it should be BMarkey and people like him who live out of Greater Troy area. As for the tailgate, the atmosphere around the Mizzu game was electric all day long and that was on a Thursday. And Troy students who go to class when there is "something better to do" lol! Everystudent who doesnt have a major test that day will be out having a grand ol time in preperation of keeping the Palladium in Troy.

TROYgirl128
05-12-2005, 10:51 PM
I didn't "bust a blood vessel." Nice try. I'm not an idiot, I know how many students are on campus. I also know that those who don't give a damn about football, woouldn't go to the game if it was played on Shack quad.

Some of us are football fans. Some of us enjoy football, but can't just miss a class for the hell of it. I couldn't miss a lab last year to tailgate.

And who the hell are you to tell me that "if anyone should be pissed it should be people outside of Troy?!?!" I can have my opinion. Whether or not you agree, is your thing. But don't you even attempt to tell me how I should FEEL about something.

I'm glad that you think that "every student without a major test will be there." That's naive...good luck with that one. And even of those who show up, a good deal of them will be gone by halftime.

TROYgirl128
05-12-2005, 11:13 PM
It's a catch-22. We play during the week and the stadium is half full. We play on the weekends and get no TV time.

Take your pick...of course, I guess it's not really up to us, is it?

tsufl
05-13-2005, 08:27 AM
THE GAME IS OUTSIDE YOUR FRONT DOORSTEP. People like myself wont be able to make the game if its during the week we dont live in friggen Troy. Yet, you dont see me raising hell about not being able to catch the game. Wait, I guess that means Im not as good a fan as you. Let me also point out that the vast majority of students will not be in class after about noon anyway. Esp. if the weather is nice. Expect a good crowd even if the game is played during the week, not as big as the Mizzou game but a decent crowd none the less.

TrojanWar
05-13-2005, 08:37 AM
I think the point TROYgirl is trying to make is that we don't get a lot of student support at football games. It really does not make a difference when the game is played, the student support is just poor in general. There have been decent student crowds in the past, but it's not the norm.

tsufl
05-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I didnt get to finish my rant earlier b/c something work-related came up.

My point is playing the game DURING THE WEEK would help get students to the game. There really isnt much else to do in Troy and having the game during the the students would come out in droves. Will they leave at halftime? Probably, but they do that anyway. It seems to me that TroyGirl is upset that she wont be able to tailgate all day long. to which I respond with "waaaaaaa" if you want to tailgate skip class like the rest of your classmates will do.

Note to the AD: In the future when trying to schedule ballgames, please consult TROYgirl first, we dont want to do anything that may conflict with her schedule.

TROYgirl128
05-13-2005, 12:13 PM
You've totally missed the point. WOW! It's not that I won't get to tailgate. It's that students in general won't get to tailgate. Students do have class after noon. Some of them don't have a choice.

See, the fact that you and others who don't live in the area are half the reason that game should be played on the weekend...so that WE HAVE FANS IN THE STADIUM!!! Trust me, you can't plan on the students showing up.

At least TrojanWar understands what I'm trying to say.

Like I said earlier, I was just throwing in an opinion from a student. There are other people on this board who are not students who have said that they would like to make a few games. What's the point in having season tickets if the games are during the week, and we can't make 2 of them?!?!? It's not all about me. It doesn't revolve around me. I'll be there whether it's during the week or on the weekend. I don't have classes that will directly conflict with the game. However, in order to attend the weekday games, I'll show up right out of class. I'll give it to you that a majority of students will use it as an excuse to get out of class, but we're not all lucky enough to be able to do that.

The other point that I made was that it's great and wonderful for us to put games on TV...after the game, people who aren't there, will on this forum as soon as the time runs out about how bad it looked that the stadium was empty. We don't have the student support to have enough people there during the week. I don't expect for those of you who live hundreds of miles away to get off work to come to a football game. If the games are the weekends, then people buy season tickets...people buy season tickets we make money. If games are the weekends then you people get to COME to the games instead of just watching it on TV. If the games are the weekends, then the team has plenty of fans IN THE STANDS to cheer them on.

tsufl, I think if you'd calm down for a second, you're likely to see that I agree with what you're saying. I was just giving another opinion from a different point of view.

tsufl
05-13-2005, 12:42 PM
what i am saying is no matter when the game is played, someone isnt going to be there. Weekday, people like me cant make it, weekend all the students go home. Its my firm belief that playing the game during the week would make for a better crowd for the MTSU game as the students would still be on campus looking for a reason to party. Regardless of if they get to tailgate all day long, they can party well into the night. The MTSU game wouldnt draw many "border line" fans, like the Mizzu game did. Either way I see the crowd size being about the same. Hopefully MTSU will bring some folks with them this year too.

TROYgirl128
05-13-2005, 12:50 PM
I agree for the most part. I guess that this is just one of those things that we aren't going to agree on completely. :D

MTSU has a decent crowd last year...especially considering that it was raining for the greater part of the game.

FHBrian
05-13-2005, 01:29 PM
All of these games during the week and no schedule being in stone is why I as a alumnus will not buy season tickets. I would buy season tickets to support the school, if the games I really want to go to are at a time I can go. I was at Mizzou last year, but boy was work rough the next day. Troy has to face the fact that few alumni actually live in Troy and if the want their support to buy season tickets then they need to make the games more accesible to the majority of the alumni. I do believe we need to be on TV for the exposure but it is hard when you know up front that the biggest games of the year will be moved to during the week.

tsufl
05-13-2005, 01:51 PM
All of these games during the week and no schedule being in stone is why I as a alumnus will not buy season tickets. I would buy season tickets to support the school, if the games I really want to go to are at a time I can go. I was at Mizzou last year, but boy was work rough the next day. Troy has to face the fact that few alumni actually live in Troy and if the want their support to buy season tickets then they need to make the games more accesible to the majority of the alumni. I do believe we need to be on TV for the exposure but it is hard when you know up front that the biggest games of the year will be moved to during the week.

its all a part of growing, in order to keep growing you have to make sacrifices. Im sure the athletic dept. would much rather play on saturdy, but when TV comes calling you dont say no. Its instnaces like that where you need creative marketing campigns to butts in seats.