PDA

View Full Version : UAB vs Troy on ESPN 2

UABhoops
05-09-2005, 03:05 PM
The game will be on a Friday.

Tell your friends about it.

TrojanWar
05-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Great! Now the rest of the country will be able to see us mop the floor with Bolt and the thugs of UAB!

Friday is a terrible day for a televised game. I think ESPN keeps killing us with the times and dates on purpose. They know not too many Universities will draw a big crowd on Friday night with the High School competition. This is especially a problem in Alabama where High School football is so big. Regardless, the outcome will be the same. I just wish it was either a Thursday night game or a Sautrday night game.

faithintsu
05-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Is this confirmed in anyway? If so, can you give us were it is confirmed?

Sarahbelle
05-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Thanks STL

Now if you can just provide some confirmation.

Trojan1998
05-09-2005, 03:32 PM
YUCK!!!

Well, if it's on a Friday night, I won't (can't) be there because I'm a high school football referee. I'm sure that I won't be the only one not there, because thousands of other fans will already have high school football commitments somewhere around central and south Alabama that night.

This is why I HATE Friday night games. I would rather the game be played on a Tuesday night if we can't have the Thursday night time slot.

TUTrojan
05-09-2005, 04:22 PM
I'll be there if it's played at 4am Monday morning!

And I will find a few others to join me!

Please, please, just give me an excuse to get off from work early, tailgate, eat boiled peanuts, and partake in adult beverages before going absolutely crazy giving UAB hell... Then give me a Saturday morning to sleep it all off- it's a dream scenario!

UABhoops
05-09-2005, 04:24 PM
Hackney is going to destroy you. He wants revenge.

tsu59
05-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Hackney is going to destroy you. He wants revenge.
Who the hell is Hackney ?

UABhoops
05-09-2005, 04:30 PM
2004 stats: 197-358 (55%), 3,070 yds, 26 TD 8 INT, 146.56 efficiency rating

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2004/Dec/24/sp10a_b.jpg

http://www.conferenceusa.com/gallery/images/new/DarrellHackney4.jpg

http://www.imagebarrel.com/img/05/125/06/stiffarm.png

UABhoops
05-09-2005, 04:33 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/albr/galleries/hawaii-bowl-122004/A11C1366-lg.jpg

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/albr/galleries/hawaii-bowl-122004/A11C1299-lg.jpg

TrojanWar
05-09-2005, 04:35 PM
That guy is terrible. He couldn't destroy anyone. It's going to be yet another win for TMTDM! MGVS is a bad place for anyone to try and get revenge. Keep in mind we are undefeated in the new stadium and UAB is not even close to being one of the best teams we will have faced at home.

UABhoops
05-09-2005, 04:41 PM
ESPN and CFN both named him to their Top 100 best college football players list. I'll take their opinions over yours.

BMarkey
05-09-2005, 04:49 PM
With these schedule changes, I am beginning to wonder whether the administration is intentionally trying to destroy the 2005 season.

How many people outside of the Wiregrass will be able to take off work for the day (or even early) just for ths game? How many will have children in sports and other family obligations on a Friday (or Thursday)?

Do the powers that be want the nation to see a half-empty stadium for the first quarter (a la Mizzou) again?

Maybe they really don't want the hassle of a sellout?

faithintsu
05-09-2005, 04:49 PM
Still no official word on this - and none of my sources even know anything about this, so I am not real sure were you are seeing its been moved to Friday.

TrojanWar
05-09-2005, 04:58 PM
I'll wait for the official word before getting too excited. As far as Hackney being in the top 100, that's a joke. I have seen him play several times in person and he's not all that. In fact, he would not start on this current Troy team. Now that his great receiver has gone on to the NFL (first round) we'll see just how bad he really is.

UABhoops
05-09-2005, 05:05 PM
So you've been to "several" UAB games in person? Since UAB and Troy have only played twice since Hackney has been at UAB that would only be a few, not several.

Again, I'll take their opinion over yours and you are crazy if you say that he wouldn't start for your team. CB would take him in a heartbeat.

Also, who do you think made that wide receiver look so good? Roddy was a great receiver but it still takes a good QB to get him the ball.

Idiot.

Trojan1998
05-09-2005, 05:12 PM
I think that Hackney is an outstanding QB. He is very similar in style to Steve McNair or Dante Culpepper (two QB's that Troy faced back in the 1990's).

TrojanWar
05-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Nah, the scouts knew what they were looking at with Roddy. He was a great receiver and made catches that other receivers would have otherwise not been able to make. I believe this was mentioned during the draft. Yes, I have seen UAB play several times. I went down to FSU last year and watched UAB play a poor FSU team. I went just to see UAB lose, not because I'm a Florida State fan. In fact, I hate FSU. UAB has some really good players so don't think I'm dissing Hackney just because he plays for UAB. I think he will be exposed this year. Just expect a nasty loss for the Blazers when you are planning your trip down to Pike County this fall.

troy4ever
05-09-2005, 06:15 PM
If that game gets moved to Friday night I am going to be pissed! I missed the Troy vs. Missouri game last year because I am a high school band director and we have to have rehearsals on Thursday nights. I've been looking forward to UAB coming to our house for two years and if they move it to a Friday night when I have a football game then I'm just gonna boycott ESPN. Hopefully this isn't the case.

Lord-Mustang
05-09-2005, 06:35 PM
This snapshot taken at time of this post. No official word from Troy Athletic Group...

http://www.troytrojans.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=15&schedule_id=2&change_well_id=9995&reset=Y

faithintsu
05-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Today at the BHAM Alumni Chapter Golf Tournament it was announced that the game has been moved to Thursday, so its really anyone's guess.

I will belive it all once we get an offical word from ESPN or Troy.

Hector
05-10-2005, 06:14 AM
As far as the game being on Friday, I'll beileiev it when it happens. But in any case, we'll eat UAB's lunch. Last time we met, the Trojan defense murdered him. And don't think that we won't have folks to replace the likes of Demarcus Ware. Wait until Hackedup gets a taste of our new defensive lineman transfer from Georgia. Last time we played UAB, Our defense ate Hackney's lunch. And, our defense is significantly better now. I mean, Hackney really got punished physically out there. Also, I hope that UAB looks past us. However, I can tell you that Wayne Bolt won't. We own UAB, period. We'll make sure an ambulance is parked close by for their QB.

TSUWhiner
05-10-2005, 07:02 AM
Hackney who? who the hell is that? do any of us Trojan fans really give a flying crap? Play us Monday, Tuesday..etc..dont give a damn what day it is..we will still win..again

Whiner

tsu59
05-10-2005, 09:05 AM
ESPN and CFN both named him to their Top 100 best college football players list. I'll take their opinions over yours.
There was only 177 A-1 teams last year I don't consider 100 out of 117 very good - but then we are dealing with a UAB fan.

UABhoops
05-10-2005, 09:26 AM
There was only 177 A-1 teams last year I don't consider 100 out of 117 very good - but then we are dealing with a UAB fan.

I'm going to be nice and let you read my statement again and think about your response. If you don't see anything wrong with your response I'll gladly smack you upside the head with it and show you that when you call someone an idiot you need to make sure that you are not looking like one yourself.

TrojanWar
05-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Yes, he read your post wrong...big deal. Do you think everytime ESPN names someone to their top 100 list it means they are without a doubt a great player? If so, you are very nieve. Many flop and never pan out like the "experts" think. In my humble opinion, Hackney will do just that. The guy crumbles under pressure.

tsu59
05-10-2005, 09:42 AM
I didn't read the post wrong - I just don't see why a QB ranked 100 is so great - unless of course he plays both sides of the ball and subs as running back, or defensive tackle, once in a while - "defensive tackle", now there is an idea - he does look fat enough to be on Bolts defense.

UABhoops
05-10-2005, 10:06 AM
ESPN didn't make that list to predict who would be the next NFL superstar. They made it to show who they feel are the best 100 college players currently playing collegiate football.

If a Troy player made that list you would be just as ecstatic about it. I'm not saying that just because ESPN says he is a great player means that he is but if you want to have that reasoning then I guess the other 99 players on that list may or may not be great players either, despite showing that they have been the best over the past few seasons.

TSU59...if you think Hackney is fat then you have another thing coming. That kid is bigger than most linebackers and it's because of how much muscle he has. He's pretty much a freak.

And yes, you did read the post wrong. Read it one more time before I have to educate you...maybe this 3rd time will be a charm.

TrojanWar
05-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Give 59 a break. He recently had major eye surgery! ESPN's list of top 100 players is interesting at best. Outside of the top 10 or 15, everyone is is just a guess as to how good they MIGHT be. It has nothing to do with how they will perform at the NFL level. It is for this current collegiate year. Again, I just think he is way overrated as he crumbles under pressure. Troy will bring as much pressure as anyone on your schedule this fall.

UABhoops
05-10-2005, 10:41 AM
He crumbles under pressure? Please provide me with some examples.

Other than getting sacked a lot because our OL wasn't that great I don't recall him ever "crumbling" under pressure. As a matter of fact, most fans in CUSA view him as someone they would want on their team in crunch time.

Eye surgery has nothing to do with reading comprehension and if he has trouble reading after surgery he should ask for a refund.

TrojanWar
05-10-2005, 11:02 AM
He is big, but not super mobile. Once the pressure comes he can't escape unless he is playing a slow defensive front. You hit the nail on the head about the OL. Unless they are able to provide some protection, he'll never have a chance to prove himself against the mighty Trojan defense. He was sacked 33 times last year. That's more sacks than TD's.

UABhoops
05-10-2005, 11:08 AM
He is mobile but he's no Michael Vick. The great thing is that he is so strong he is able to throw off a lot of defenders or at least buy him some time to get a throw off before he's taken down.

So far he's lost 15 lbs this year and is looking really good. He's going to be a beast this season if our OL can protect him.

By the way, he's been on the Davey O'Brien watch list since he was a sophmore. The only other sophmore QB on that list at the time was Mizzou's Brad Smith.

**This is where you tell me how you guys "destroyed" Mizzou and Smith wasn't crap. Well, Mizzou wasn't crap and was grossly overrated last year. Still a good win for you though.

TrojanWar
05-10-2005, 11:22 AM
**This is where you tell me how you guys "destroyed" Mizzou and Smith wasn't crap. Well, Mizzou wasn't crap and was grossly overrated last year. Still a good win for you though.

Nah, I'm not going to do that. I think it was a great win for us and gave us a little national attention, but last years Mizzou team was not even close to a good team. I point to the win over Marshall on the road and the games against South Carolina and LSU (losses) as the shining moments for that Troy team. The South Carolina game was a joke. The officials took some real heat after the game considering how many bad calls were made. They literally stole that one from us. The LSU game is one we can hang our hat on. Yes, we lost, but we were a couple minutes short of beating the defending national champ on their own field.

TSUWhiner
05-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Mizzou was good crap...the crap was so good..that the crap was ranked #17th? at the time? That crap you speak about could probably cream the gods of football they call UAB..also equivalent to Alacrapa and overratedburn. The crap you also talk about also has a Heisman candidate...Hackney?? who the hell is that? Smith? hmm Heisman hopeful yet again

UAB...*sighs* no comment

Whiner

TrojanWar
05-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Good example. Brad Smith was picked by ESPN to be the greatest QB in the land last year. I think it's safe to say he was not even close to picking up that honor. I don't listen to much of what the "experts" say during the preseason. Most of it turns out to be a bunch of hogwash. Sure, they picked USC in the preseason, but what moron didn't?

UABhoops
05-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Mizzou was good crap...the crap was so good..that the crap was ranked #17th? at the time? That crap you speak about could probably cream the gods of football they call UAB..also equivalent to Alacrapa and overratedburn. The crap you also talk about also has a Heisman candidate...Hackney?? who the hell is that? Smith? hmm Heisman hopeful yet again

UAB...*sighs* no comment

Yes, Mizzou was crap. Their ranking at the beginning of the season was based purely on hype. Tell me, what bowl game did Mizzou play in last season and did they win the Big XII North like many predicted they would?

Alacrapa and overratedburn? Cute. Did you learn those words on the playground at recess today?

TSUWhiner
05-10-2005, 12:14 PM
your moms playground is where I learned those cutesy phrases

TrojanWar
05-10-2005, 12:20 PM
your moms playground is where I learned those cutesy phrases

UUGGGGHHH! Don't start that crap Whiner. That's not even smack....it's just, crap. If you don't agree with the guy, tell him why. Don't start in talking about his momma. She can't help it that her son pulls for UA's B team.

tsu59
05-10-2005, 12:39 PM
This reminds me of last year when Marshall fans were saying how Stan Hill was going to get revenge - hey hoops want bet I cant't post the same message next year ?

UABhoops
05-10-2005, 01:01 PM
This reminds me of last year when Marshall fans were saying how Stan Hill was going to get revenge - hey hoops want bet I cant't post the same message next year ?

I have no idea what you are asking me? Please settle down, put down the beer, and type something that makes sense.

You can do it. I believe in you.

TUTrojan
05-10-2005, 01:19 PM
I don't know how to say this- but I don't downright hate you.

I never thought I could dislike a UAB so little.

You should visit more!

On whether we can control Hackney or not... He actually had a fairly solid game against us last time. We left him a lot of short stuff but didn't let him hit anything deep. We also controlled the run. I'd expect more of the same, with our defensive backs playing soft up front but Hackney's numerous short completions being negated by timely picks by our DB's/LB's. If we can generate enough pressure up front to take away his progression options and/or force some mistakes, we can control you guys again. Of course, that style of play means that our DB's will have to execute well and make all tackles...

Our questions revolve more around our offense than what Hackney can do to us... Hackney is a known quantity and our defense is usually prepared for that type of QB. Our offense will have new faces in most key positions. The story line will focus on your defense versus our inexperienced offense. If we move the ball, we win. If we don't, we will get beat, no matter how well our Defense does against your "Hack Attack".

UABhoops
05-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Our defense was just awful last year. A lot of that can be attributed to key injuries at the beginning of the season and then to poor defensive schemes (from what I've been told by those that know).

From what I understand, we have some studs coming in on defense and Larry "The Sack Machine" McSwain will be back in full-force for his junior season. We will also get a lot of our injured players back as well.

Hackney will have 2 more years of experience under his belt when he plays you but the thing that worries me is that we play UT in Knoxville the week before our game. I'm hoping we don't get too beat up.

TrojanWar
05-10-2005, 01:39 PM
You guys need to beat Tennessee so when we win in a route it will look that much better. Seriously, I hate Tennessee and Phil Fulmar. It would be great to see a mid-major beat them down.

tsu59
05-10-2005, 01:52 PM
The story line will focus on your defense versus our inexperienced offense. If we move the ball, we win. If we don't, we will get beat, no matter how well our Defense does against your "Hack Attack".
Hey TUTrojan - this game is in MGS - we aint had an offense since Nutter left - It don't matter - UAB is going to come to Troy, get their a$$ kicked, pick up their check and go home - that is standard practice - nothing personal hoops - it happens to everybody.

I did like your comments about the picks we got when we kicked their a$$ in B'ham TUT - word is our secondary may be best ever.

TUTrojan
05-10-2005, 02:11 PM
I forgot about our secret weapon- homefield advantage!

I didn't want to say it and jinx us, but I also believe that most of the best athletes we have will be found in our secondary this year. They are very good, and very deep! I'm also not worried about Bernard Davis at LB.

tsu59
05-10-2005, 02:24 PM
Lavern Johnson will join BD at LB - I said this before - we will have one of best LB corps in nation - just hope Boo Smith stays healthy.

TSUWhiner
05-10-2005, 07:19 PM
I have our secret weapon..its called the buffet line at Willy Barns..Barnhills buffet..if that doesnt nab Wayne Bolt..then I dont know what will? maybe Mr Ho's? :)

whiner

Lord-Mustang
05-10-2005, 07:57 PM
You know...all this crap kinda pisses me off. When Bolt was here...he may have been heavy, but everyone loved him for his strong defenses. He jumped ship for a much better paying job and all of a sudden, he's crap. Then comes Vic, and he's beloved for his strong defense that kept us in most games and he jumps ship for a better paying job and not much is said. Now we have a pair of defensive coordinators that are unproven and we are smack talking like we are rated #1 in the country. I'd rather us just say, "As long as we execute our game plan and do the things we know we need to do, and not make any mistakes, we should have a good showing, and we'll let the final score decide who's the better team."

Yes, Brad Smith was rated one of the top, if not the top QB in preseason, but we/the nation quickly found out that he was highly overrated by the so called experts. Hackney is another fine example of a young man thrown to the lions and expected to do more than he most probably can. I can only hope he brings his A game and we still win that game, so there can be no excuses.

Just a humble man's opinion.

goe1975
05-10-2005, 08:13 PM
UAB fans I work with are constantly telling me they would give anything for us to take Bolt back (not gonna happen...can't afford the grocery bill since Scrushy was taken out of the picture)...I have heard a lot of smack about this quarterback from UAB; but what else do you guys bring to the table? One man is not gonna win this game.

tsu00
05-11-2005, 09:54 AM
The difference between the Bolt and Vic, is that Bolt left to work for a rival and Vic didnt. Actually, I am starting to think that it doesnt matter much who the defensive coordinator is. As long as LB is head coach, I think the defense will always be decent.

tsu59
05-11-2005, 10:14 AM
The difference between the Bolt and Vic, is that Bolt left to work for a rival and Vic didnt. Actually, I am starting to think that it doesnt matter much who the defensive coordinator is. As long as LB is head coach, I think the defense will always be decent.
I agree 100% tsu00 - I also think Rowell and Logo will be good defensive coordinators - and with LB as coach we have a good chance at being a nationally ranked team - just like we were at the 1-AA level.

ThePowerMan
05-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Can't blame Vic for jumping ship for a BCS school and more money. Bolt seemed to just want to leave Troy. I think our new D-Duo coordinators will do fine

TrojanWar
05-11-2005, 04:04 PM
No way can anyone be upset about Vic leaving. He's making more money than LB now. If you made $50k a year and someone offered you $200k more would you not take off? Bolt got more money, but it was not nearly anything close to what Vic got. In fact, Bolt would have stayed if Troy would have tried to make a counter offer and at least come close to the offer from UAB. I don't blame either one of them really. It's just easy to crack jokes about Bolt...especially now that he coaches UA's B team.

tsu59
05-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I liked Bolt when he was here, still do, and wish him all the best - but it's hard not to mouth off about anyone connected to uaB. :lol:

Tums
05-11-2005, 04:36 PM
I would like to point out that Bolt is the only UAB coach that has a legit reason to have the munchies.
:shock:

UAB COACH BUST
A. Moseley
WIAT/Birmingham
Oct 11, 16:57 PM EDT

A shocking development for the UAB football program as an assistant coach is jailed for drug possession.
Assistant coach Pat Donohoe was arrested in Moulton Friday night by the Alabama State troopers. Troopers say they found marijuana in his vehicle. As the investigation continues Athletic Director and Head Coach Watson Brown has relieved Donahoe of his duties. "Well, he's suspended period that's just the way it is and it's not day to day he's suspended and we'll just look at this and see where it is and hope and pray that it works out for him," said Brown.

Donohoe was on a recruiting trip at the time of his arrest. He was not allowed to attend Saturday's game at Mississippi State. UAB students are stunned and disappointed. "I was like wow really, a coach with drugs, I think it does set a bad example for the players, how can the coach tell the team be drug free and then he's caught up with drugs," said sophomore Kendrick Lightfoot.

Now Brown has the task of getting his team focused for the national spotlight this Friday night against TCU. "I don't think you look past it. I think it hurts. It hurts, and you deal with it you have to focus, you have to focus on certain things at certain times," said Brown.

Watson Brown says there's no time frame on the suspension and it will remain in effect until the matter has been settled. Coach Pat Donohoe is free on bond.

UABhoops
05-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Just keep it down home, 'cuz.

We don't want anybody to find out about that arrest. Good job on reporting breaking news.

Tums
05-11-2005, 05:10 PM
Just keep it down home, 'cuz.

That is a AUBURN joke that people use at the real University of Alabama (note: no city attachment to schools name (see examples below)).

Here are some examples:
Auburn University
Auburn University Montgomery

Troy State University
Troy State University Dothan

University OF Alabama
University of Alabama Birmingham

Trojans1andAll
05-11-2005, 06:52 PM
I was angry because Bolt didn't leave for a position at a school up north or out west, he left for UA'sB! He got his start at Troy, made a name for himself off Troy's talent (more on that later), kept teasing Troy for more money, got more on at least one occasion, and then still left for a school right up the road! Thats why I don't like Bolt.

Now, while Bolt was at Troy he had defensive squads in the top 10 or 20 in the country. While he's at UA'sB... the numbers kind of speak for themselves don't they? Two games last season allowing 50 points or more? That says something about Bolts *real* ability or the level of Troy's talent, but its probably both. UA'sB bought him, and they can keep him.

GO TROJANS!

UABhoops
05-12-2005, 11:14 AM
University of Alabama (note: no city attachment to schools name (see examples below)).

Did you even take one college class at the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa?

By the way, UAB provides about 75% of the revenue for the UA system so in reality, we own UAT.

TroyTuba
05-12-2005, 11:28 AM
Who cares what top 100 list he was put on? That is an opinion poll at best, everyone has one and most don't mean %$*&. I remember a certain QB from Missouri being the next great football god and he got shut down and then had his Heisman season go down the tubes. Preseason hype is nothing, it has never been anything more than supposed experts spoutting off their supposed knowledge.

TrojanWar
05-12-2005, 11:32 AM
University of Alabama (note: no city attachment to schools name (see examples below)).

Did you even take one college class at the University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa?

By the way, UAB provides about 75% of the revenue for the UA system so in reality, we own UAT.

Oh boy, you are spewing crap everywhere now! Do you know where most of UAB's funding comes from?

faithintsu
05-12-2005, 01:52 PM
That might be the funniest thing I have ever read in my life - UABHoops you need to check your facts there my freind. UAB and UA are both publically funded schools, which means they all receive funding from the state.

Oh that was good, have not laughed like that in a while.

TrojanWar
05-12-2005, 02:02 PM
You killed it Jeff. I was looking for another laugh when he tried to answer the question. There's no telling what he might have said to make you bust a gut, once again.

UABhoops
05-13-2005, 07:59 AM
What's funny is that you guys don't believe me. Yes, both are publicly funded schools but both schools generate revenue and UAB provides close to 75% of that revenue.

TrojanWar
05-13-2005, 08:24 AM
What's funny is that you guys don't believe me. Yes, both are publicly funded schools but both schools generate revenue and UAB provides close to 75% of that revenue.

You need to stop before other UAB fans come over here and slap you around. That statement does not make any sense. If UAB is making so much money, why do they keep borrowing money from the city of Birmingham? It's no secret that finances are a problem at UAB these days. It's a regular topic on Finebaum.

tgrad8384
05-13-2005, 09:19 AM
I can't believe I'm about to defend a UAB fan, but here goes... You guys are talking about two totally different things. Finebaum talks about how UAB athletics are in the red. That's a true statement. UABhoops is talking about university revenues. The medical school actually makes money for the UA system. Let's find something else to rag UAB about. There's so much to choose from :lol:

TrojanWar
05-13-2005, 11:05 AM
This is a sports board, so unless it is said otherwise, it should be assumed we are talking about sports. If I wanted to talk about physical therapy at UAB and how much money it brings in, then I would go to a medical board. That said, I think UAB is probably the best sports medicine hospital in the Southeast, if not the nation. The athletic program on the other hand is one of the worst in the nation.

UABhoops
05-15-2005, 04:57 PM
The athletic program on the other hand is one of the worst in the nation.

I'm going to take a biased view and strongly disagree with you.

The UAB Athletic department has done an amazing job of doing more with less. In the past two years we have had men's basketball, football, men's soccer, women's soccer, and baseball all ranked in the Top 25 nationally.

In 1991 we started non-scholarship club football and just 13 years later we played in a D1A bowl game. We have also produced two NFL first round draft picks in that time and have had a few very impressive victories.

Our basketball program speaks for itself. No need to explain there.

Our men's soccer program has been a consistent Top 25 program and this past season our women's soccer team made the NCAA Sweet 16. This is particularly surprising considering how "unpopular" soccer is in Alabama.

Three years ago we had the #1 collegiate golfer in the nation, Graeme McDowell, and that year he had a lower scoring average than Tiger Woods the year he was the #1 collegiate golfer.

Do we have our share of problems? Absolutely, but so does every other athletic department in the nation. If you look at how well we have managed the resources we do have and how we have maximized the potential for those resources one could say that we have a very good athletic program.

For being 25+ years young, our athletic program has done a tremendous job.

TrojanWar
05-15-2005, 09:39 PM
I did not mean you had a losing athletic program. I mean your athletic program is one of the worst in the country financially. That is what we were talking about, not the success of your water polo team. Regardless of how well your teams perform, it takes money to keep the programs going.

TU/JSU Fan
05-15-2005, 10:30 PM
When was UAB's football team ranked in the top 25?

Michael

UABhoops
05-15-2005, 11:09 PM
I mean your athletic program is one of the worst in the country financially.

Actually, that's not true either. If you are going to make a statement like that then please back it up with facts. UAB, like MOST universities with athletic programs, does lose money. However, we are not one of the worst.

When was UAB's football team ranked in the top 25?

We were ranked #24 in the first BCS poll last season. Of course, Watson Brown had to go screw that up with a brilliant gameplan against Tulane the following week that made our ranking go away faster than it appeared.

TSUWhiner
05-15-2005, 11:35 PM
uhm...who cares? tsufl..can you help me on this one?

tsufl
05-16-2005, 01:13 PM
uhm...who cares? tsufl..can you help me on this one?
Im as lost on this one as you are buddy.
but just for the hell of it
SCREW UAB.