PDA

View Full Version : Demarcus Ware letdown.....

TroyTrojans2003
07-26-2010, 10:43 AM
I wanted to share this story with you guys. I have always been a loyal fan, student, and alum of Troy (State) University, since I transferred to Troy in 2000. Being part of the SOTS gave me opportunities I would never have in other programs across the country. One of the most unique things about being at Troy, is there is a sense of the Troy "family" everywhere on campus. I loved having conversations with all the football players, (Rayshaw Reed, Demarcus Ware, Osi Umenyoira, Delouis Moore, Andrew Amerson, Heyward Skipper, etc etc etc.) These guys really appreciated the true fans at Troy and would give tickets to us students who wanted to go to away games, even though we kind of knew the big boy teams would rip us in half. Fast foward to the year Demarcus was drafted, I sent him a fan letter, and I was very happy to recieve an autographed picture in the mail!! So yes I was excited he remembered a person like me, a nobody really.

Yesterday, my wife and I decided we were going to visit the Alamo Dome, to see the Cowboys practice, and to maybe see if I could get a glimse of Demarcus. I brought with me a huge Troy State University flag, that has tons of autographs from the players on the team from 2000-2003. This includes Demarcus, Osi, Larry B. of all people. And of course our logo on it was the old Trojan logo. We sat in the corner of an end zone away from the action. I told my wife, hey lets go to the other side of the dome, because we spotted Demarcus, and maybe I could catch a simple hello. So we got lucky, we went to the other side as practice was ending, and Demarcus sat down for a television interview with channel 4 news. One of the camera guys spotted me, as one of the Dallas coaches, as I hung the huge Troy flag over the railing. My wife in the mean time, took lots of pictures while he sat for the interview. When he was done he came over, I was up high, hardly acknowledged me, asked me if had already been signed, I said yes, and he quickly moved on. Now, I was sad you know? I didnt expect him to remember me, but jeeze, we were both students at the same time, I was kinda hoping for, hey man!! come on down! you graduated from Troy to? I talked to the guy alot in college, I was his "homie" like everyone else. But it was kind of a let down. I plan to still keep his autographed picture, but I want to sell the flag with the two superstars names on them on Ebay, I am hoping to make some money. I felt real dissappointed, I realize the guy is a superstar now, but I was the only Troy grad/fan there, he saw the flag. Do I have a right to feel this way? Seems like once these guys go PRO, we are nobodies. The only NFL dude that even acknowledges his own fans from Troy is Sherrod Martin!!! Anyway, please dont be negative with any responses...but I wanted to share this with you Trojan fans. I will post pictures later if you want. Take care

Mr. Ho
07-26-2010, 11:01 AM
I wanted to share this story with you guys. I have always been a loyal fan, student, and alum of Troy (State) University, since I transferred to Troy in 2000. Being part of the SOTS gave me opportunities I would never have in other programs across the country. One of the most unique things about being at Troy, is there is a sense of the Troy "family" everywhere on campus. I loved having conversations with all the football players, (Rayshaw Reed, Demarcus Ware, Osi Umenyoira, Delouis Moore, Andrew Amerson, Heyward Skipper, etc etc etc.) These guys really appreciated the true fans at Troy and would give tickets to us students who wanted to go to away games, even though we kind of knew the big boy teams would rip us in half. Fast foward to the year Demarcus was drafted, I sent him a fan letter, and I was very happy to recieve an autographed picture in the mail!! So yes I was excited he remembered a person like me, a nobody really.

Yesterday, my wife and I decided we were going to visit the Alamo Dome, to see the Cowboys practice, and to maybe see if I could get a glimse of Demarcus. I brought with me a huge Troy State University flag, that has tons of autographs from the players on the team from 2000-2003. This includes Demarcus, Osi, Larry B. of all people. And of course our logo on it was the old Trojan logo. We sat in the corner of an end zone away from the action. I told my wife, hey lets go to the other side of the dome, because we spotted Demarcus, and maybe I could catch a simple hello. So we got lucky, we went to the other side as practice was ending, and Demarcus sat down for a television interview with channel 4 news. One of the camera guys spotted me, as one of the Dallas coaches, as I hung the huge Troy flag over the railing. My wife in the mean time, took lots of pictures while he sat for the interview. When he was done he came over, I was up high, hardly acknowledged me, asked me if had already been signed, I said yes, and he quickly moved on. Now, I was sad you know? I didnt expect him to remember me, but jeeze, we were both students at the same time, I was kinda hoping for, hey man!! come on down! you graduated from Troy to? I talked to the guy alot in college, I was his "homie" like everyone else. But it was kind of a let down. I plan to still keep his autographed picture, but I want to sell the flag with the two superstars names on them on Ebay, I am hoping to make some money. I felt real dissappointed, I realize the guy is a superstar now, but I was the only Troy grad/fan there, he saw the flag. Do I have a right to feel this way? Seems like once these guys go PRO, we are nobodies. The only NFL dude that even acknowledges his own fans from Troy is Sherrod Martin!!! Anyway, please dont be negative with any responses...but I wanted to share this with you Trojan fans. I will post pictures later if you want. Take care

Dude, get over. If you go into Mr. Ho's waving flag and wife take picture like crazy *******, I tell you leave. It not help you scream his name over and over again during interview. He probably have about 1 minute to get into meeting or he fine $10,000. This not Troy intramural practice - it the NFL. Mr. Ho not remember everybody that come up to him at football game and ask if I know Drew Champlin and sorry to burst bubble, but everyone on TMTDM board is "nobodies".

TroyTrojans2003
07-26-2010, 11:05 AM
I didnt come on here and ask you for a rude response, remove your post if you have any integrity in your body

Tums
07-26-2010, 11:05 AM

I would ask you to consider that he has thousands of people hounding him daily for everything from money to just plain autographs. Most of the times for people like him have had so many of his so called friends try to ride his back it makes them skeptical of peoples intentions. After all you are looking to sell his name on a flag as you posted this to make some cash flow. Give the "HOMIE" a break and be proud of the fact he did atleast acknowledge you where there and offered up to sign if he had not already.

TroyTrojans2003
07-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Mr. Ho, where in my post did I say I was screaming his name over and over again during the interview? I was polite, didnt say much, and acting like a normal human being as expected.

Tums, I feel like I want to sell the flag, feeling let down, maybe if you were in my shoes you would really understand. I do have his autograph that he personally sent me, and that I will never sell. So maybe your right, at least there are still good honest people out there. Thanks for the opinion!

moosicman
07-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Please don't take my post negatively, because it isn't meant that way. But you have to understand that fame is a machine that comes with some things that just are what they are. I understand your disappointment and where it comes from. But you have to realize something about those in the public spotlight: they don't have the physical and emotional energy to "coddle" everyone around them that would like their attention, even if they look bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to you (it is their career to look larger than life even when they really are not and don't feel it--and they are very good at it). Again, I don't say that mean-spirited. Having worked in the music biz in Nashville with both singers and entertainers (the biggest being Stephen Spielberg, for example) I've seen first hand how people walk into a room expecting that star to give them some attention and when they didn't get it, they make it personal somehow. Then, seeing the other side of the coin, the fact that the artist/entertainer is tired, drained, well-traveled and focused on just being who they be, without having to walk into a room and have to think about everyone who is there to act like pirahna and nibbling off a piece here and there; it can be physically (and more importantly EMOTIONALLY) draining. This has only gotten worse with social media so prevalent. So there is a certain amount of self-protection and preservation that those of fame will put up, not because they are jerks, stuck-up, snobby, or too good for you, but just because it is somewhat necessary. And in the end, (remember, I mean this with compassion) there isn't any reason for them to have to deal with you or any real reason you should really want them to. They get up in the morning with bad breath and bed-head same as you. They will age get old and fade into nothing more special than us. In the end, YOU can be (and are) just as significant walking around on this planet as they are. Don't let it strike you personally, for 90% of the time it isn't. It is just circumstances far beyond anyone's control. Take it in stride.

Consider again what it would feel like if you were someone famous and everytime you walked into a crowd, you had to make everyone there feel like they are your new BFF in order for them not to think that you are just rich and famous and a stuck-up snobb. It makes me tired emotionally just thinking about it. They get that 24-7 everytime they step from behind the barriers between them and the public and it is non-stop. Not being mean, but it is simply too much to expect from them. Please realize that.

NOTE: YES, there are those who are just pricks. I do not refer to them, but believe it or not, they are the exception rather than the rule after considering what I'm saying above.

Tums
07-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Tums, I feel like I want to sell the flag, feeling let down, maybe if you were in my shoes you would really understand. I do have his autograph that he personally sent me, and that I will never sell. So maybe your right, at least there are still good honest people out there. Thanks for the opinion!

I would not sell the flag then if I was you. I have seen situations where a simply nod of the head and no spoken words was all that could be done to communicate among friends.

PS if you really want to part with the flag PM me a price.

tenaciousT
07-26-2010, 11:30 AM
dont put the flag on ebay...

send me a picture of it and i will consider buying it.

I have been to every senior bowl that the Troy guys have been in and always wore my Troy gear. Just like you, i have every time, hoped for a longer conversation, than "hey, hows it going, i appreciate the support..." but it never happens. But i appreciate the time that they took to come over and say "hey". like Ho said, these guys are on strict scheduals. They probably get people every day that act like they went to troy to try to get an inside edge on getting to talk to them or get autographs.

D-Ware is the greatest ambassador Troy has every sent out... you shouldnt question his loyalty.

When Troy played UNT a couple years ago he came over to the team hotel and hung out the team and the few fans that were there. He even came to the game and stood on the sideline and did an interview on the radio even though he was running late for a team meeting the night before a game.

I would suggest keeping the flag... but if you are still dissapointed, like i said, send me a pic of it and i will seriously consider buying it off of you.

Mr. Ho
07-26-2010, 11:37 AM
I didnt come on here and ask you for a rude response, remove your post if you have any integrity in your body

Mr. Ho admit he not have very much integrity especially in body, maybe a few ounces he find some in couch cushions or floor-board of car. Mr. Ho let you know if that happen.

TUTrojan
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Ho's back!

DedicatedTrojan84
07-26-2010, 01:52 PM
http://www.shootingatbubbles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/pointless.jpg

yeahIwin
07-26-2010, 02:39 PM

would you like some french cries with your waaahburger? get over it dude you've gotta be damn near 30 grow up.

Hemi Man
07-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Maybe he will read this, feel bad and write a $500,000 check to the university.

sasquatch67
07-26-2010, 03:28 PM
I played against Demarcus in High school and with him in college. He was in my wedding and I talked to him on a daily basis. My wife was his tutor and prob better freinds with him in the end than i was. He came to get my wife and 2 other friends out of class to take a ride in is 2 hr old 745i just after he signed his first contract. We were eating dinner with him and Tanequa at Olive Garden in Mont a couple weeks before the draft. I say all of that to say this. I told my wife when he signed to not be angry if he doesnt call every week bc he will have so much on his plate. Every once in a while he will have to change his number for safety and other reasons.He made a lot of new "friends"when he got famous.....We could have more autographed stuff than u can shake a stick at but we dont want to be one of those ppl. we let him be...makes it a lot better when he call us and were not calling him..we hear from him a couple times a year and that is fine with us. Have you ever come up to someone you met at another stage in your life being so busy with your current life and not rember them right away??? I have. If it dont bother me it shouldnt bother you... Take a deep breath...exhale.....and....get over it!!Not a better man in football hands down!!

TroyTrojans2003
07-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeahiwin, your right on the age! What about you? Your response seems to that of a fourteen year old that doesn't know how to think before you speak!

Anyway for the rest of you guys, would you like me to post pictures up?

tenaciousT
07-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeahiwin, your right on the age! What about you? Your response seems to that of a fourteen year old that doesn't know how to think before you speak!

Anyway for the rest of you guys, would you like me to post pictures up?

Yeah... please post some pics of our favorite son

BMarkey
07-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Take a couple of deep breaths, let some time pass and be a Troy and Demarkus fan. The guy was tired and probably busy and had other priorities. He can't plewase everyone all the time.

Keep your flag and enjoy it - especially the experiences you went through to create it.

FliryVorru
07-26-2010, 05:26 PM
remove your post if you have any integrity in your body

http://www.phuckpolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

TroyTrojans2003
07-26-2010, 06:25 PM
make that two fourteen year olds!:thumb:

CHughes1102
07-26-2010, 08:07 PM
MY GOD. THE HORROR.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/Quickbat/gif81.gif

sasquatch67
07-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Keep thou flag and post thou pictorals!!:wave:

FliryVorru
07-26-2010, 10:58 PM
make that two fourteen year olds!:thumb:

If your integrity is the archetype by which a human is to be promulgated an adult, then you are the only adult here among a cadre of geriatrics.

Yarddog
07-26-2010, 11:03 PM
I probably know less about Demarcus Ware than anyone on this board.

The first time I noticed him was the Missouri game. I was watching with some in laws and MO scored easily the first two times they had the ball. I remember thinking it was going to be embarrassing. Then the third time, Troy stopped them after a short series.

It was clear to me that we had a defensive end who was giving Brad Smith fits. I didn't know his name. Then the momentum shifted and we simply beat them the rest of the game.

From the few things I have seen about him, he is way above the average college and pro player as far as decency and attitude. He genuinely seems to be a nice guy and he supports Troy. Not a whole lot like him now. Sort of a throwback to the old days.

Maybe I am wrong but that has been my impression.

jagd1305
07-26-2010, 11:56 PM
2003, I think you should take it personally and do the proper thing. Send me the flag. It's the right thing to do. Otherwise, keep it for a long time, collect more signatures on it and eventually have it framed (in a very large frame). It will have tremendous personal value as time goes by. Demarcus is just one signature on it. Hasn't everyone had at least one bad day? Besides, after all of the uptight personalities he has had to share a locker room with since he went pro, he's certainly entitled to some moments on occasion.

Navarre Trojan
07-27-2010, 06:28 AM
Maybe he will read this, feel bad and write a $500,000 check to the university.

a welcome! Eli Manning just gave Ole Miss a $1 Million gift for their 'need based' scholarship program!

I would LOVE TO SEE our established professional athletes do something like this. Maybe this is something the "T" club should pursue? This might be something that could give that Alumni Club a HUGE boost!

BTW - If you DO SELL the flag, how much do you want for it? :wink:

KEEP THE FLAG, HANG IT IN YOUR TROY ROOM, AND ENJOY IT FOREVER.

TroyTrojans2003
07-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Flir,

Seriously, stop wasting your time responding to me. Its quite obvious you care about the conversation by your teenage responses and typical non-thought provoking comments. I can see, understand, and appreciate the real Trojan fans that do come on here to respond without having to be a jerk. I realize being a moderator is a difficult job, its a good thing you learned some leadership experience with the SOTS, it should help you here.

FliryVorru
07-27-2010, 07:55 PM
I can see, understand, and appreciate the real Trojan fans that do come on here to respond without having to be a jerk. I realize being a moderator is a difficult job, its a good thing you learned some leadership experience with the SOTS, it should help you here.
You know the reason I enjoy responding to your posts? It's because you don't have foresight. Your posts are very reactionary and hardly ever accomplish anything that is positive. Have you ever noticed that every time you post something someone is always "harassing" you in some fashion? You should take a hint from that because we're all "real Trojan fans" here, not just the ones that don't care enough to respond to your ineptitude.

But I'll be happy to respond in a thought provoking way to your original post this time since you are correct about something: I care about the conversation.

One of the most unique things about being at Troy, is there is a sense of the Troy "family" everywhere on campus. I loved having conversations with all the football players, (Rayshaw Reed, Demarcus Ware, Osi Umenyoira, Delouis Moore, Andrew Amerson, Heyward Skipper, etc etc etc.) These guys really appreciated the true fans at Troy and would give tickets to us students who wanted to go to away games, even though we kind of knew the big boy teams would rip us in half.
Totally right about that man. Every player I have had the privilege of speaking with has been a gentleman and (at least trying to be) a scholar. The two in particular I remember are Joshua Henderson and Adrian Ghent. Josh was a Center in the old scheme and converted to be the lone fullback when Tony Franklin came in. U walked into Speech class one day and he was more excited to lose 30 pounds than anyone I've ever heard of in my life, after he heard about the TF system. And then Adrian Ghent was this tiny little Cornerback, but he loved Psychology and since we were both Psych majors we'd talk in classes quite often. That helped since we both missed the same classes for football weekends a lot.

When he was done he came over, I was up high, hardly acknowledged me, asked me if had already been signed, I said yes, and he quickly moved on. Now, I was sad you know? I didnt expect him to remember me, but jeeze, we were both students at the same time, I was kinda hoping for, hey man!! come on down! you graduated from Troy to?
I feel ya man, but he just did this:
1) Woke up early
2) Practiced most of the day (we're talkin' about practice.... not a game... practice)
3) Had to do a local interview immediately after practice (those guys aren't exactly big time, ya know?)
4) Had to go shower, clean up, and get home to get some sleep for tomorrow...

But in between 3 and 4 he wants to make sure that he has fulfilled his obligations to the fans. Unfortunately, some guys can't strike up a conversation with all of us schmucks because they want to make sure a lot of fans get a little attention rather than a handful getting a lot. Can you imaging having an 8 hour work day, then having to deal with hundreds of people who want to talk to you, then being on TV.... I'd want to go home and see my wife and kids, I dunno about you. 10 seconds per fan = 15 minutes before home. 2 minutes per fan = sleeping in the locker room.

Do I have a right to feel this way? Seems like once these guys go PRO, we are nobodies. The only NFL dude that even acknowledges his own fans from Troy is Sherrod Martin!!!
You have the right to feel any way you want, but that doesn't mean you're justified. In this case, I think it's unjustified. For all intents and purposes, we are nobodies. It's nothing personal, that's just the way it is. Like in the example above, he can't spend time with everyone who wants to talk to him.

Anyway, please dont be negative with any responses...but I wanted to share this with you Trojan fans.
I know you're not trying to be negative but it comes across that way. What happens when fans of _________ University come across this board and see "DeMarcus is a jerk!" plastered all over this thread? They might take it back and say "Hey look at Troy, they're getting spat on by their NFL alumni. Glad we don't have that problem."

All it takes is one. I'm not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, I just think you should give more forethought to your posts. That's all.

sasquatch67
07-27-2010, 09:21 PM
No disrespect 2003,but did you actually think Demarcus was expecting to see you and hasnt seen you in like 6-7 yrs.....?? He wasnt expecting you so it prolly didnt register for him even with the troy flag. He would know you if he was home at a Troy game and run into you and his mind was in troy. He has more obligations and more on his mind than we can imagine...Theres no way I would want that .I love my privacy.

TroyTrojans2003
07-28-2010, 11:49 AM
Fliv,

Once again, you just proved to yourself why you should take your own advice. Your negative, always have been towards me, and it has not changed. Second, your post is quite long are you trying to prove a point? Your posts are negative at best. I know you are waiting for my response, so you can take time away from your job to post paragraphs of your feelings and reactions. This is my last response to you, understand? Oh and by the way, this paragraph was written with very little thought (I know that is of concern to you), so you are given just my $1.50 response.

Set.
Match.

TrojanEmpire
07-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Fliv,

Once again, you just proved to yourself why you should take your own advice. Your negative, always have been towards me, and it has not changed. Second, your post is quite long are you trying to prove a point? Your posts are negative at best. I know you are waiting for my response, so you can take time away from your job to post paragraphs of your feelings and reactions. This is my last response to you, understand? Oh and by the way, this paragraph was written with very little thought (I know that is of concern to you), so you are given just my $1.50 response.

Set.
Match.

Let. It. Go.

Spiritual_Trojan
07-28-2010, 03:28 PM
2003 I would say if he completely ignored you then yea you would have a legitimate reason to be up set. However from what you said he almost made a B-line for the Troy flag and made a point to speak to you and even offered to sign the flag. I wouldn't take him not remembering you right off the bat personally how many years has it been since he's seen you and how many fans he sees a year that might have Troy gear or say something about Troy. With all that said if you still feel put out by the whole thing then I feel it's my duty as a member of your Troy family to take the reminder of that day away..... so you can pm me for my address so I can help you move on :rolleyes: haha. I've met quite a few celebrities in so far in life and I will say that all the start from Troy are by far the nicest and most down to earth I've meet along the way.

Mike Cunningham
07-28-2010, 08:19 PM
I tell you what, this entire thread is almost HOF worthy for its absurdity alone. What say though?

trojanbrutha
07-28-2010, 08:41 PM
I tell you what, this entire thread is almost HOF worthy for its absurdity alone. What say though?

Lock it and book it! :jester:

MusicMan
07-28-2010, 09:53 PM

Lock it and book it! :jester:

I agree, lock it and put her in the thread. :jester:

Mike Cunningham
07-28-2010, 10:10 PM
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/troy_aikman.JPG