PDA

View Full Version : Goofy ole T-Roy...

Mike Cunningham
07-13-2010, 09:20 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs102.ash2/38445_1516733596174_1169504263_2493589_1304528_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2493438&id=1169504263)

Discophobia
07-29-2010, 08:54 AM
The T-Roy costumes get worse and worse with every change. They all look like mascot clearance sale buys. Plus, if you are trying to build a brand why change the look every couple of years, other schools dont. Scrap T-Roy and keep the crazy guy in the armour or anything other than T-Roy. I remember the first T-Roy and all the creations since and they all have blown.

Hemi Man
07-29-2010, 07:12 PM
The T-Roy costumes get worse and worse with every change. They all look like mascot clearance sale buys. Plus, if you are trying to build a brand why change the look every couple of years, other schools dont. Scrap T-Roy and keep the crazy guy in the armour or anything other than T-Roy. I remember the first T-Roy and all the creations since and they all have blown.

The T-Roy we have now both in and out of costume is very good when relating to kids. I tell kids all the time look T-Roy will play you. Do you think that goofy elephant and Tiger will do that? Just little stuff like that can cause a kid to become Troy fan. And if the parents are die-hard fans of another school you just might get a family making regular trips to see Troy play.

I get what you are saying about the guy in the armour. Although he could be a little more active, but I see no reason to not have both. No need to do away with T-Roy in my opinion.

troy4ever21
07-29-2010, 07:41 PM
The T-Roy we have now both in and out of costume is very good when relating to kids. I tell kids all the time look T-Roy will play you. Do you think that goofy elephant and Tiger will do that? Just little stuff like that can cause a kid to become Troy fan. And if the parents are die-hard fans of another school you just might get a family making regular trips to see Troy play.

I get what you are saying about the guy in the armour. Although he could be a little more active, but I see no reason to not have both. No need to do away with T-Roy in my opinion.

+1, well said! :thumb:

tntrojan
07-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Bring back the girl in the armor.... Trojan Princess. :)

ThePowerMan
07-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Let he said......Bring Back THe Princess. Kids loved her. I liked the Princess leading her Men of Troy. BRING BACK ALL THAT WAS REAL........BRING BACK THE PRINCESS!!!!

TaeMadden
03-15-2011, 08:33 PM
I agree with the whole changing the costume a lot! When I first came to Troy I could easily tell no one knew anything about mascots due to the fact of the performances I had seen and due to people not knowing anything about mascoting (if that is a word). I think the university made a GREAT decision in changing the uniform to what it is today. The main reason we decided to go with the look was because the mascot should not look old and should more up to date and more towards children! Also, the suit is not from CLEARANCE! Its actually one of the most mascot costumes in college!! It took three years to raise money for a new costume! The only problem is the company who makes the costume sucks - In which we didn't find out until after making this current one and we will never go with this company again! Since changing uniforms though, T-Roy has been wanted at more things where mascots are wanted and won more awards and recognition for the University including his most recent accomplishment Below! Wish him well!! Also Add him on facebook to keep up with him while he is at NATIONALS in April, he is representing Troy University as a whole!

http://troytrojans.com/news/2011/3/15/CHEER_0315111345.aspx?path=cheer

Spiritual_Trojan
03-17-2011, 08:24 AM
I agree with the whole changing the costume a lot! When I first came to Troy I could easily tell no one knew anything about mascots due to the fact of the performances I had seen and due to people not knowing anything about mascoting (if that is a word). I think the university made a GREAT decision in changing the uniform to what it is today. The main reason we decided to go with the look was because the mascot should not look old and should more up to date and more towards children! Also, the suit is not from CLEARANCE! Its actually one of the most mascot costumes in college!! It took three years to raise money for a new costume! The only problem is the company who makes the costume sucks - In which we didn't find out until after making this current one and we will never go with this company again! Since changing uniforms though, T-Roy has been wanted at more things where mascots are wanted and won more awards and recognition for the University including his most recent accomplishment Below! Wish him well!! Also Add him on facebook to keep up with him while he is at NATIONALS in April, he is representing Troy University as a whole!

http://troytrojans.com/news/2011/3/15/CHEER_0315111345.aspx?path=cheer

Darn those pesky facts :argue: I dont particularly like the new T-roy costume which Tae answered the questions about its look. However do you throw out the whole thing cause the company didnt make a good product when Troy is trying to build a tradition that will reach out to more than just the Alumni?

TaeMadden
03-19-2011, 08:50 AM
This look we have now I think reaches out to a lot more people and whenever T-Roy does something, I think he sticks out a lot more with this costume! I like it personally but I also liked the old one. The hardest thing about trying to come up with a design is first figuring out how to please the alumni and then figuring a way out to make it appeal to others and stand out and then you have to figure out how to do both of those and please everyone, which is hard to do......lol....The company really really really sucked who made the costume....

CHughes1102
03-19-2011, 09:34 AM

Amen!!! I have never understood the hate for T-Roy