PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Archers!

socrgoly25
06-19-2010, 01:55 AM
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=133337080026117

I'm sure many of you have wondered what has happened to the Legion. With my help, the concept has evolved into the Trojan Archers.

As it is right now, this is an excerpt from my proposal I sent to the athletic department:

Evolution of the Legion to the Trojan Archers
 The Legion began as an attempt to get students more involved in supporting Troy athletics in all capacities.
 The original concept encouraged ALL ACTIVE STUDENTS to become a part of the organization and show up to EVERY athletic event.
 Early membership saw approximately 100 students show interest in the organization, mostly from Greek sororities.
 The athletic department showed full support for the project, but the concept essentially failed due to no incentives for a student to join, outside of a student involvement quota required among the Greek organizations.
 The Trojan Archers is an EXCLUSIVE organization.
 The Archers will work as an extension of the athletic department, helping to “pump the word” and promote ALL HOME ATHLETIC EVENTS for that week.
 In the beginning, potential Archers will be people interested in marketing, promotions, and public relations that want hands-on experience working with a Division 1 athletic department.

I just wanted to share this with you guys to show that I've taken great measures in reviving the dream that was once the Legion.

If you have any suggestions, I welcome you to send me a private message.

Thank you! GO TROY!

socrgoly25
06-21-2010, 05:21 PM
I really would appreciate your support. This board is always complaining about lack of student involvement, so I'm trying to make a difference here.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for our organization, I'm open to your comments.

Mike Cunningham
06-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Love the logo!

MusicMan
06-27-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm on the Facebook group, but I want to know, when are we going to know who's a part of the Archers, and how are you going to decide on who gets in and who doesn't?

socrgoly25
06-28-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm on the Facebook group, but I want to know, when are we going to know who's a part of the Archers, and how are you going to decide on who gets in and who doesn't?

Still waiting on the green light. The facebook group was phase 1, which was to create awareness. Next, a mass email through the Troy system and a message through the Interest Group will contain information on how to apply to become an Archer. We will set up a deadline for these applications. Once this deadline has passed, we will sort through those that are interested in becoming Archers and choose those that we feel would best represent the group.

It will not be a perfect process by any means, especially considering I know that there will be some AMAZING individuals that will fall through the cracks because they don't use facebook or haven't been invited to the group, so they may not know what it's about. As the organization grows, this problem will go away.

Things I personally will be looking for are those who have EXTREME pride in their school and those looking to build their resumes with experience in promotions. That's all I have for right now. If there are any more questions, I welcome them.

MusicMan
06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
All right that sounds good. I'm interested to see how this group forms and would love to be apart of it once it happens, and if not a part of it, I'll support it 100%. I think the students need to become more involved in our university. I'm sick of hearing the roll tide's on saturdays and getting the after the win over Chattanooga (sp?) text messages on my phone saying Roll Tide.

TroyFootball05
06-29-2010, 12:17 AM
All right that sounds good. I'm interested to see how this group forms and would love to be apart of it once it happens, and if not a part of it, I'll support it 100%. I think the students need to become more involved in our university. I'm sick of hearing the roll tide's on saturdays and getting the after the win over Chattanooga (sp?) text messages on my phone saying Roll Tide.

Same here. When can we expect to see applications sent to us, Preston?

socrgoly25
06-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Same here. When can we expect to see applications sent to us, Preston?

That's a great question, and I assure you I am just as anxious to get them sent out ASAP. All I can promise you is that I hope to have the selection process done before I graduate, which is July 23!!!!!

We want this to get started THIS FALL starting with football, soccer, and volleyball. Attendance and support is going to increase FOR EVERYONE!!!!

TroyFootball05
07-01-2010, 03:04 AM
That's a great question, and I assure you I am just as anxious to get them sent out ASAP. All I can promise you is that I hope to have the selection process done before I graduate, which is July 23!!!!!

We want this to get started THIS FALL starting with football, soccer, and volleyball. Attendance and support is going to increase FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Thanks for starting this up, Preston. Are there any other sports we might promote? Or are those the only ones Troy offers in the fall?

socrgoly25
07-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks for starting this up, Preston. Are there any other sports we might promote? Or are those the only ones Troy offers in the fall?

Rodeo has one home event they could promote, and maybe cross-country? But all promotional efforts are at the discretion of the group. They very well may want to go ahead and get started planning for basketball season.

Maybe they won't just promote the sporting event itself. They could push the Trojan Walk, parades, etc. Things to think about I guess.

MusicMan
07-01-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm just waiting for you guys to want apps Preston, I'm excited to try and get in the Archers

socrgoly25
07-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm just waiting for you guys to want apps Preston, I'm excited to try and get in the Archers

Well that is really encouraging to hear. I assure you that passion is going to be a big component to getting in.

MusicMan
07-02-2010, 12:51 PM
One more thing Preston, are the apps going to be paper or electronic, I live two hours away from Troy and I can't excatly drop everything to go and get one from campus.....

socrgoly25
07-03-2010, 12:56 AM
One more thing Preston, are the apps going to be paper or electronic, I live two hours away from Troy and I can't excatly drop everything to go and get one from campus.....

More than likely it will be a short, couple questions sent via email that you will send in. It seems like the easiest way to make sure everyone knows that we are accepting applicants and to receive applications, at least for the first year.

socrgoly25
07-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Applications are now being accepted. Through the weekend, I have 5 solid applicants, but I know we can do more. Spread the word to people you think would be helpful.