PDA

View Full Version : Question(s)

Whitney
05-28-2010, 02:36 AM
I'm not able to audition this year for band but I had a couple questions. One, how much experience IS needed to audition? And two, what is expected of you at auditions?

Spiritual_Trojan
05-28-2010, 04:06 AM
The only two of the bands are audition only, the symphony band and Jazz I. If your talking about SOTS then there's not really that many requirements for wind players other than actually being able to play your instrument. The aux. and percussion sections are selected by an audition process. So it all just depends on which band you were interested in, as to what it takes to get in. Symphony band has a couple prepared pieces that are put on the website a month or so ahead of time then site reading in the audition. Jazz band is pretty much all sight reading and improve. Aux and drumline audition requirements are also on the website.

Whitney
05-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Sorry, I was asking more for SOTS

Spiritual_Trojan
05-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Sorry, I was asking more for SOTS

Ohh ok well there is no audition for wind players to join the marching band all you have to do is fill out the intent to participate form and show up for band camp. You dont have to have any former marching band experience, they will teach you everything you need to know for SOTS.