PDA

View Full Version : TU/JSU fan...

troymarkus
04-19-2005, 03:30 PM
I realize we are going to disagree on this. I just can't get over this. I appreciate you as a Troy fan. I appreciate your history with both schools. However, this is one of the oldest rivalries in the south. Yes, we don't play each other in football anymore--basically because it's just not fair to torture a team the way we would in beating a terrible 1-AA team. But we are on the same level and division in all other sports. We still play them occasionally in other sports. It is STILL a rivalry. It's kind of like it says in the Bible:

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24
Let me add a Markus spin to that--"You cannot serve both Troy and Jax State." It's just unnatural. It's like a dog mating with a cat. It's just not right. There is something universally wrong with your screen name, your logos, and most definitely your signature.

This is not meant as a personal attack, just a little Trojan doctrine!!

TUEngineer
04-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Aww jeez, not this again...
Markus...just let him support who he wants.

I'm gonna royally piss you off when I get to my Apt. in Tuscaloosa and post a picture of my Troy flag hanging beside a UA flag on my wall... :lol:

troymarkus
04-19-2005, 03:38 PM
I purposely left you out of this. Don't make me bring out the Trojan doctrine on you as well. But since you commented...that principle goes for you as well. But I'm not as repulsed by your "other" team as I am by his. This rivalry goes way, way back. You will never understand.

TUEngineer
04-19-2005, 03:43 PM
You can throw a "doctrine" at me all day long...but Mr. Dennis, Dr. Hawkins, or even LB sure won't stop me from going to the games?

I'll be back for the Troy/UAB game. Purposfully missing the UA/So. Miss game that I will have already paid for just to see Troy kick UAB's tail. I wear Troy shirts with my UA hat all the time...big deal. Now if you'll excuse me...I've got a Troy softball game to go to... :roll:

troymarkus
04-19-2005, 03:46 PM
I'll take the hat off for you. :lol: And then I'll burn it. :evil: You'll be better off for it--I promise.

TUEngineer
04-19-2005, 03:51 PM
Try it... :x

pkf4troy
04-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Where can I purchase the tickets for this.....ought to be good half time entertainment! :lol:

troystfan
04-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Careful Markus, this "Trojan Doctrine" you are promoting sounds a little more like "Troy Idolatry." :wink:

I know you are not as serious as your hat burning post sounds, at least I hope not, but maybe you could take it easy on some of the posters. If they buys tickets, go to the games (football as well as others), and cheer for the Trojans, who cares what hat they may wear from time to time.

D1Trojan4U
04-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Markus. I'm not even sure that I know TU/JSU fan (who I believe holds a degree from the school for goodness sakes), and yes I do have some bias on this issue as I have some definite ties to Jacksonville State. However, this post is not about defending to you my feelings about multiple schools at the same time.

I am dissapointed that you would preface a post with the comment that a post is not meant as a personal attack, then proceed to spew personal attacks. Further dissapointing is the criticism of a fellow Trojan fan with the use of an absurd comparison of cheering for two teams with a bible verse. Then, as if preaching a sermon, you put the "markus spin" on it? I cannot accept that stretch of comparison. It seems as though through your "trojan doctrine" that you are trying to write a "trojan bible" for all of us. While I do understand some of your intentions, I would respectfully suggest that you evaluate some of your priorities and your relationship. I certainly hope that you do not use some of these same strategies and attitudes in trying to convert those of other faiths. I do not view them as very effective.

Not everyone shares the same passion for the Trojans as you, as hard as this is for you to seem to accept sometimes, along with the occasional differing opinion, it is the way that it is. I am tired of the "regulars" not welcoming new posters with open arms. Instead, we criticize and attack them questioning their credibility because they have chosen not to post quite as often as others. Is that a correct assumption? no.

While we're bringing the Bible into these discussions, I would remind some that "the greatest of these is love". We should welcome anyone who chooses to support Troy into the Trojan family in any and every way. Instead of telling them that they are not wanted unless they support Troy and Troy only. (insert in-laws joke here) After all does our own fight song not state that "we are Trojans one and all?" Please don't sing it if you don't think so. Together, we can be a great supporting force for our university. But the back patting unofficial competition of "biggest Troy fan" is childish and counterproductive.

This board is meant as a place with a common desire to see the Trojans succeed enjoy their love for the Trojans together. Instead, many times it becomes nothing more than an argument website. We all are better than that, and we all know it. Let us strive to respect each others differences of opinion, and to appreciate our common love for our Troy (State) Trojans.

pkf4troy
04-19-2005, 05:41 PM
As a fellow alumnus that was part of the time when we played Jax St. I completely understand where Markus is coming from. I also realize that I have graduated and unless the TU/JSU fan uses this forum as a means of "giving props" to JSU, I dont see it as a problem.....although the JSU icon still burns me everytime I see it...... :lol:

troymarkus
04-19-2005, 07:12 PM
I knew that would get a rise out of you. Calm down a bit. First of all, you need to understand the term "tongue and cheek." Do you really think that I am comparing spirituality to sports?? If you do, then you are way more serious than I thought.

Secondly, please point out one personal attack I have made on this Trojan fan. I am not attacking him (can't say the same for you). I am asking him to please understand my veiwpoint and to consider not including the JSU stuff on a TROY board.

D1Trojan4U, I appreciate your loyalty to Troy and your passion for our university. But I have been pushed to the limit with you. I like you and have tolerated your childish comments and pouting to this point. Unless you know me better and know what my walk with Christ is like, don't ever come on a public board and "respectfully" ask me to evaluate it. I have never once questioned your walk after reading and hearing things from your mouth that are to the contrary. I don't know you well enough to do that.

Lastly, this board is about TROJAN sports. You'll have to excuse me if I get confused as to why people continually bring up their "other" teams when this is a TROY board. I've never once said "I'm a bigger fan" than anyone. Never. I've never once said that no one is welcome here or someone isn't welcome to cheer for Troy. I have said that it makes sense and helps our cause (remember, Trojans one and all?) to support Troy by what we say, what we wear, and how we attend. It sends a bad message when Troy is a secondary team or is just one of a list of favorite teams.

You can argue all you want. You're not changing my mind. Now, can we keep the childish personal comments out of it? I realize you are still in college, but I expect more out of you.

fiesty_red
04-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Of course markus isn't Troy's #1 fan. That honor belongs to the great Mike Amos. :lol: Laughter...try it once in a while. And am I the only person dying for football season to get here so we can have something interesting to talk about?

TUEngineer
04-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Markus, I think you just enjoy starting stupid arguments. :roll:

As far as the hat burning goes...Stop by my room sometime. Name's on the door...

TROYgirl128
04-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Just drop it. You want to talk about college students making childish comments?!?!? So what?!?! Not all of us were around when the big JSU/TSU rivalry was the end-all-be-all of sports around here. So what...the point is that it's over. The guy has a degree from both schools so he can support whoever he wants to support. What difference does it make? Get over it.

Do we automatically get excommunicated for the places that we choose to continue our education? JSU is an option for me for grad school. Does that make me any less of a Trojan? or does that just mean that I'm in a field with limited opportunities? By-the-way, JSU just happens to be kicking our butt in my chosen field.

If he wants to support both schools, sobeit. He says that he uses the same signature on the JSU board.

BMarkey
04-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Let him follow any team he wants ... but that logo on this board really does burn many of us who used to love to hate Jax State.

This is like the time - long, long ago - when one of our beloved posters had a name that praised another I-A football team along with the Trojans. That member showed the respect to change his user name to remove the other school reference.

I cannot remember any new poster being made unwelcome without reason. The reason: Posting a bizarre or unfounded rumor under an assumed user name after only one or two previous posts.

It's like ebay, with buyer/seller ratings. Those who have been around here a awhile tend to build some believeability.

TUEngineer
04-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Who in the world could that poster be? :D

D1Trojan4U
04-20-2005, 05:53 AM
please point out one personal attack I have made

There is something universally wrong with your screen name, your logos, and most definitely your signature.

The preceeding phrase with three uses of the word "your" was taken from the original post in this thread which you created. I think this could suffice as personal since the use of "your" is in reference to TU/JSU Fan's screen name logos and signature. Furthermore, nothing was done to provoke this personal attack.

You'll have to excuse me if I get confused as to why people continually bring up their "other" teams when this is a TROY board.

I do not remember anyone doing so in any inappropriate or questionable manner. We do have fans from rival schools that visit this board. However, I don't see why such a big deal is being made of logos in a signature. The Jax State comments that were made were relevant to a discussion of Josh Underwood's departure for Jacksonville State. (If you feel so strongly about people riding this fence, why no comments about Underwood while you're at it?)

I am asking him to please understand my veiwpoint and to consider not including the JSU stuff on a TROY board.

good one! :lol: the original post never contained such a soft and understanding tone, it was an introduction to your self proclaimed "Trojan Doctrine" and telling him that his logos, screen name, and signature were "universally wrong" after bringing in a bible verse for good measure. Such broad generalizations are dangerous. I dare say that your "universally wrong" differs from mine. I believe that asking him to understand your vIEwpoint would have been a good strategy to start with, instead of starting such a malicious thread.

I have been pushed to the limit with you. I like you and have tolerated your childish comments and pouting to this point.

You're driving on a two way street. I really thought that I could expect more from some one who is to be the spiritual leader of a congregation, and PS- don't ever tell me what to do and not do again.

I've never once said "I'm a bigger fan" than anyone. Never. I've never once said that no one is welcome here or someone isn't welcome to cheer for Troy.

Such a statement was never made. Comments about the board in general, which included the word we (we is also me) were taken personally. Although, actions do truly speak louder than words.

I lived in Jacksonville my whole life, and played high school football in Paul Snow stadium. Both of my parents are Jacksonville State Graduates from the 70's. I was at the freeze your nose off game at Jax State that I believe was the last game Troy played up there. Believe me, I know about the rivalry. I am also a current student- and know that little of the students at today's Troy University know or care about it. We have no one to blame for that but you alumni that want to hold on to it so fiercely, yet expect us to have the same fire and hatred for them as you do- when it just simply hasnt been passed on.

There are some who are constantly criticized on this board for not coming out as to who they "really are" I understand why people want to point fingers at those who choose not to reveal their identity. However, I also believe that many have legitimate reasons for doing so. Therefore, it is up to each individual to decide whether or not they wish for others to know who they are, and how they will go about doing so. Mark, thanks for taking that decision out of my hands.

I understand that it is easy for an elder to call someone younger than themselves, especially college students, childish. However, one of the things that I do remember from my childhood is the "uh-oh" feeling right after saying something that I knew that I shouldn't have, and getting out of it by laughing and saying that I was "just kidding". Maybe when I "grow up" I can relive those memories but use the adult line that I was speaking "tongue and cheek"
(toungue in cheek maybe?).

I believe in the Trojan nation, and I think that my earlier post, reflected that vision and hope. It is unfortunate however, that some do not share my hopes for a stronger and more unified Trojan family, and wish to establish rules and conditions for being a Trojan fan.

It is with great regret that I announce my retirement from posting on gotroytrojans.com for various reasons. I have enjoyed the laughs, sorrows, and suspense with all of you, and wish you all the best in supporting our Trojans in the future.

troymarkus
04-20-2005, 07:16 AM
I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't think dogging someone's screen name or logo is a personal attack. I do think attack on someone's character (which you so freely do) is personal.

I also regret that I can't make a post in good humor without it being carried away. I guess I should have seen that one coming. I miss the days of the Jax State rivalry when you make comments like that and everyone knows it's about the rivalry. Anyway, I'm you you D1. TroyMarkus.....OUT.

BMarkey
04-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Come on. Take a deep breath and hang in there.

Sarahbelle
04-20-2005, 08:48 AM
Okay, okay...break it up!

TSU/JU Fan isn't trying to start trouble by using the Jax St logo in his sig. The Jax St rivalry is history and we shouldn't be up in arms about it.

Can't we all just get along?

TUEngineer
04-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Markus...this is just for you! Enjoy! :twisted: :lol:

http://img249.echo.cx/img249/4363/troyhatsmall2cw.jpg

http://img249.echo.cx/img249/6568/uahatsmall5wf.jpg

...Engineer OUT!

Hector
04-20-2005, 03:02 PM
Hillarious!!! Help me, somebody!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TU/JSU Fan
04-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Nothing here anymore.

theman
04-20-2005, 03:43 PM
You give up to easily. We have a few fanatics on this board that truly believe every person can only love one University and one team. They try to cast others out or brow beat them to death.

I went to TSU at the height of the rivalry and know well the feelings that go along with it. Some of those who attack you were not old enough to understand and others were not even at Troy during the time.

I say give em hell and don't worry about repercussions from the other board members or Troy admin. They would not fire someone for being loyal to two teams....or would they??? At Troy you are either "In like Flint" or outside looking in. Careful where you step.

TUEngineer
04-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Nothing here anymore.

You should put your old signature back...IMO

sandlapper
04-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Gee guys, cease and desist! Please! If all of us who went to two schools are gonna be laid low 'cause we
mention it or God forbid, post our other school's logo, so what? Hell, I hated Jax State the whole damn time I played for Troy, but that was a long, long time ago. I prefer to regard TU/JSU as highly enlightened for regarding him (or her) self as a Trojan first! Lighten up! :D

PS: My other Alma is GWU in DC but who would give a rip if I said Yay Colonials!?....Thought so.