PDA

View Full Version : Politicians lie? I can't believe it!

BMarkey
04-12-2005, 04:22 PM
I can't believe that someone can come on this board; make a suggestion through innuendo; get a bunch of doomsayers to jump on it as if it were gospel; and now think he should be banned from the board because he made some look the fool.

I suppose you voted for Clinton, and believed Dubya's WOMD claims.

It's called lying. That's O.K. for you?

TrojanWar
04-12-2005, 04:47 PM
and believed Dubya's WOMD claims.

Don't go there Bob.

BMarkey
04-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Well, I took a shot at both parties' liars. :)

I made my point.

TrojanFan2
04-13-2005, 01:28 PM
I can't believe that someone can come on this board; make a suggestion through innuendo; get a bunch of doomsayers to jump on it as if it were gospel; and now think he should be banned from the board because he made some look the fool.

I suppose you voted for Clinton, and believed Dubya's WOMD claims.

No lying is not OK with me. And no I didn't believe "Slick Willey" or "W", ---- they're politicians and are expected to be less than truthful at best. But this is a message board where anyone can basically post anything that has even a remote chance of being truthful. I remember a few weeks ago the discussion was about DT McDowell quiting the team and the turmoil that created with mere speculation. Then we had your complaints about foul language at the UCF game. But when someone posted that they experienced the same thing in the Trojan Arena you immediately accused them of being a UCF fan, with absolutely no basis in fact, and they never posted again.

Mr. Markey, you don't just reply, you demonize others that have an opinion that may run contrary to yours. Just because some kid in California let you jump to your own conculsions don't attack me for pointing out how foolish you look.

BMarkey
04-14-2005, 11:10 AM
I didn't start this thread, yet my post is the first one on it.

Why has this thread been created out of another thread and left with comments attacking me that are out of context? My reply is not even here any more.

Moderators: Please either place this thread back into context or kill it.

For the record, my response to the post above (as part of another thread about a Cal Poly poster who admitted deliberating lying to us) is below:

But when someone posted that they experienced the same thing in the Trojan Arena you immediately accused them of being a UCF fan, with absolutely no basis in fact, and they never posted again.

That's not true. I never accused anyone of being a UCF fan. It was not necessary. They were obvious. It doesn't take much intellect to determine the team a poster favors.

I cannot remember making any comments about foul language at Trojan Arena because I have not been to a game there in years.

I assume you are young. Your expectation and presumed acceptance of lying by our leaders is unsettling to me. I still expect them to tell the truth. If they don't, they don't get my vote (regardless of party affiliation).

Your lowered expectations do not say much for the future of this country.

Back to my point, which you just can't seem to grasp: Someone came on this board and intentionally lied to us to allow himself a good laugh at our expense. That is much different than posting a rumor or something a writer believes to be true, or perhaps might be mistaken about.

This guy knowingly misled us, and that is my basis for calling for his banning.

As for my "demonization" of others, I hope you are mistaken. If a number of people here feel that way, I'll voluntarily ban myself from posting.

Thanks.