PDA

View Full Version : The Legion

TroyDrum89
02-27-2010, 11:24 AM
What is it and how do you get involved? I heard a lot about this organization 3 years ago, but it seems I haven't heard anybody so much as mention "The Legion" since then. My only understanding is that it is a Student-led Athletic Support group. That may be wrong, but that was the only explanation I was ever given.

As a significant student supporter on campus, I'd like to either be a part of something like this or start my own. I find it sad that we don't have a more organized student support for our Trojans. For example, Duke has the "Cameron Crazies," Texas A&M has the "12th Man." I know we don't have the largest attendance, but with over 7,000 students, that should be more than enough to show up in great numbers and get LOUD.

Go Trojans!

Burn the Horse
02-27-2010, 12:39 PM
hey bud,

I started the Legion during my last semester of college 3 years ago. it was an upstart thing and I was trying to get a student-led athletic pep club going. once i graduated, Paul of Troy took over. I couldn't tell you what happened next.

i wish someone would get the Legion back up and running. i think with the right people in chage it could be very successful. if i were you, i would go to the AD and talk to them about it. if you have the time and energy, you could be the man that resurrects it! :thumb:

TroyDrum89
02-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Well I personally think it's a fantastic idea. Every time I go to an athletic event, I envision a stronger student section because of people dedicated to leading cheers, wearing cardinal, painted faces, et cetera, et cetera...

Then I heard about The Legion my freshman year, but I don't hear about it anymore. I wasn't as much a fanatic back then, but I've gone completely Trojan and I know others that have as well. It would be just great if we had a fully dedicated group of student fans that show up early to games and stay loud the whole time. I'd love to get involved or start it back up or whatever it takes. I'm in.

socrgoly25
02-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I still have control over it. I've recently talked with Steve Dennis and am planning on getting it jump started through the KHP Club. If you hear nothing about it by the end of this semester, then feel free to do whatever with it.

Paul left it with me and we tried many times to get stuff up, but literally NOBODY showed up. We were assigned to lead the Trojan Walk and move on from there, but the student body showed little interest, and the ones that did fell off the table.

My last ditch effort to run it through the KHP Club is in an attempt to do it as a project with future sport practitioners. Promotion of athletics is important in some capacity for everyone in KHP, so I find it to be the perfect venue to start from. It will not be exclusive to KHP Club members, but in the beginning, it will be started from there hopefully.

Any questions, add me on facebook.

-Preston Hayden

Hemi Man
02-27-2010, 06:22 PM
hey bud,

I started the Legion during my last semester of college 3 years ago. it was an upstart thing and I was trying to get a student-led athletic pep club going. once i graduated, Paul of Troy took over. I couldn't tell you what happened next.

i wish someone would get the Legion back up and running. i think with the right people in chage it could be very successful. if i were you, i would go to the AD and talk to them about it. if you have the time and energy, you could be the man that resurrects it! :thumb:

I wouldn't want Paul of Troy leading my garbage to the road. Dude has some serious ego issues. Not sure who or what they are, but Jamie Hampton and some others have been very supportive of the basketball team this season. Good luck getting things going again.

TrojanWarrior418
02-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Ok this has kinda bothered me. Isn't a Legion a Roman army?

Burn the Horse
03-29-2010, 07:49 AM
Ok this has kinda bothered me. Isn't a Legion a Roman army?

yes, but i never could find anything that told what the Trojans called their ranks. and The Legion has a nice sound to it.