PDA

View Full Version : Bad news, folks

trojanbrutha
02-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Bad news, folks (http://www2.dothaneagle.com/dea/troy_blog/comments/signing_day_chat/127441/)

By Drew Champlin

Published: February 2, 2010

The Signing Day chat wonít be happening.

I got a call from Troy SID Ricky Hazel, who informed me that Iíll be unable to sit in the conference room with the coaches as the letters of intent come in, despite the fact I was able to do this in 2008.

Why? A fellow media member who covers another league school wanted to do the same thing. Thatís a good thing as it basically promotes the school and its future student-athletes. He asked the people at his school and they checked with the Sun Belt office, who said no. They then said ďTroyís doing itĒ and apparently word got over to Troy that it was to be stopped. Iím not sure what violations would be taking place because once a LOI comes in, they can tell me about it and it can be reported.

Mike Cunningham
02-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Sounds about right. I know the school is only allowed to 'release' the signees once, so maybe they are interpreting the rule that with Drew there it is mulitiple releasing the LOIs.

CattouseFan
02-02-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm not exactly sure how some of the other schools do it, but from watching rivals.com over the last few years I got the impression that other schools were doing this. They usually have commitments listed as soon as their name comes across the fax machine. I wonder if this rule just pertains to the Sun Belt conference. Its unfortunate that Drew has to sit out Signing Day again this year. He does a tremendous job of covering everything Troy and it is publicity that the school should appreciate.

1motime
02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
I'm impressed someone cares enough to turn us in.:thumb:

TroyDrum89
02-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Did anybody else think something really bad happened when they first saw the title of this thread? lol. My heart skipped a beat. I thought we had lost some recruits or something.

*phew!*

troy4ever21
02-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Same here. :eek:

CHughes1102
02-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Yeah holy crap same here!!! Bad choice of title!!!

trojanbrutha
02-03-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm impressed someone cares enough to turn us in.:thumb:

It was the beat writer from MT...:rollinglaugh:

Hemi Man
02-03-2010, 05:49 AM
Jealousy knows no boundaries when it comes to the Harvard of the SBC. How many years did we hear how bad JC players were for a program? Now star ratings mean nothing unless they are going to MT. Typical MT tactics.

trojanbrutha
02-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Barry said, on Sports Line, that it was FAU that did it...so, I guess I should apologize for the MT joke...

Hemi Man
02-03-2010, 08:34 AM
Barry said, on Sports Line, that it was FAU that did it...so, I guess I should apologize for the MT joke...

Allow me to apologize as well. Although everything I posted was true this particular incident can't be blamed on MT. Must be a Ted Hutton deal.

TrojanGranger
02-03-2010, 08:46 AM
So CBS Sportsline can have a "fax cam" showing the LOI as they come in, but we can't have a live person in there blogging?

:confused: