PDA

View Full Version : We do have a game this week, don't we?

TUTrojan
10-15-2004, 12:54 PM
Not much talk here, nothing on Trojannews.com...

I mean we did have a bye week, but did you guys forget that we are in the middle of football season?

Let's get ready for some football tomorrow night!

Trojans will win, but not without a fight early. 38-17.

TrojanHoarse
10-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Trojans will win, but not without a fight early. 38-17.

Are we reaching a consensus prediction? That is a field goal off my prediction (under "Predictions" topic) and only four points off Troymarkus.

TUTrojan
10-15-2004, 01:51 PM
We are pretty close with our predictions!

This game could be much closer if the defense is napping like they were against NMSU. Hopefully we can contain a hurt QB or their inexperienced backup, but I truly don't know what to expect on the road in a conference game (can we even win a conference game away?)... I would definitely like to see our Offense come out and build upon last game's performance. Hopefully Aaron can have another big day and Dewhitt can get 150 on the ground. I would like to see us break 400 yards gained.

I can't wait to see the Trojans back in action! I missed the last two games due to getting married and going on my honeymoon to Hawaii... The Honolulu paper did have the Troy game in the boxscores! That's more press then they get in some papers here.
Of course, they did call us Troy State and had us in the "independants" section.

cville
10-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Troy (3-2) at Arkansas State (1-5), 7 pm ET
Why to watch: Troy is still considered to be one of the top contenders for the Sun Belt title, but it has to prove it can win on the road losing all three tests so far. Arkansas State played well for three weeks even getting a 28-21 win over UL Monroe, but it suffered a major setback last week in a 45-17 pounding by MTSU. There's still a thought out there that this is a good ASU team that can make the Sun Belt race interesting, but it has to start now.
Why Troy might win: Troy's offense doesn't put up many yards and hasn't done much against good teams, but it showed a little pop in last week's 49-21 win over Utah State jumping out to a 42-0 lead. Arkansas State is dead last in America in scoring defense allowing 41 points per game.
Why ASU might win: Along with needing to get a win on the road, Troy has to prove that its offense is consistent. Was last week's outburst against Utah State a fluke? Before that, Troy was averaging a mere 16.5 points per game. The Troy defense might be the best in the Sun Belt, but Arkansas State has to believe it can match the Trojan offense point for point. In its only home game so far, ASU scored 35 points against Memphis.
Who to watch: Troy QB Aaron Leak has had his moments, both good and bad, over the last two seasons looking like a difference maker in some games and a liability in others. He had a fantastic game against Utah State throwing three touchdown passes completing nine of ten passes. If he can continue to be as accurate and be a playmaker, the defense will take care of the rest.
What will happen: Arkansas State is a better Sun Belt team than its 1-5 record, but it doesn't have enough to get by the great Troy defense.
CFN Prediction: Troy 24 ... Arkansas State 13 ... Line: Troy -12

cville
10-15-2004, 02:02 PM
We should tell him Marshall was a road win.

Life as a newcomer to 1A. Even sports reporters don't do any real homework.

cville

TUTrojan
10-15-2004, 02:22 PM
How did we lose three on the road when our record is 3-2? Maybe he gave us two losses for losing to NMSU since they got killed by UTEP. :lol: