PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Fan Base Growing

ksdtrojan
03-18-2005, 11:25 AM
A new salesperson in one of the stores I manage was saying he was from Early County Ga. I told him of a Trojan football player I knew while at Troy who was from Early County. He then said he had been a Troy fan for a long time. I asked if his parents went to Troy. He said no that his only ties to Troy was through football camp. The Trojan Nation is growing even outside of those with direct ties to Troy University. Has anyone else had a similar experience? A Trojan in GA. with no ties to Troy, WOW!

Rette
03-18-2005, 11:05 PM
My wife and I consider ourselves part of the Trojan Nation. We did not attend Troy and up to the 2002 season had never been to a Troy game.
I attended a Boy's State conference way back in 1972 while in high school. In 2000 I worked and lived in Troy for six weeks on business. It was during this time that I recall the headlines of the Messenger stating that Troy would make the move to D1A in 2001. That exposure to Troy those six weeks made an impression on me. Coming from a town about the size of Troy I felt at home.
In 2002 It hit me one day that Alabama had 4 D1A school playing football. Lets see there is Alabama, Auburn,that other school that doesn't seem to be well thought on this forum,and that we will play on 9/10/05 at home, and then there is our team Troy University. My wife and I have attended every home game since Southern Utah back on 9/14/2002. We have watched with excitment as Troy beat Marshall in 2003 and Missouri in 2004. And yes we sat in the rain and watched the entire MTSU game this year. We are even more excited about 2005. We realize that as Troy settles into D1A and the SunBelt we are in store for more fun and excitement at Movie Gallery Stadium. In 2006 we expect to make some of the away games.
There was a time that a Troy game would have been an event that I would have attended after Alabama and Auburn had finished their games. That is no longer the case. Troy is our team and these other teams have take a back seat at our house. We look forward to the 2005 season. We are already trying to decide what section we want to purchase our season tickets for 2005.
I want to say that I appreciate this forum. I read with interest almost every day the comments that are made here. It feels like family and I am proud to say that the Troy is our team.
Yes, I would agree that the Troy nation is growing and I am happy to be part of it.

TROYgirl128
03-19-2005, 04:23 AM
That's AWESOME!

Welcome to the board, Rette.

BMarkey
03-19-2005, 06:23 AM
It's great to see new posters who share a love for our teams. Spread the word!

Go TROY!

tsu59
03-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Great to hear fan base growing but it's going to take time. Problem is MGS holds twice the fans as there are live people living in Pike county.

In future we may have to play some "home" games in Montgomery, Dothan, or Mobile.

In fact it would be great if MG ceo decided to expand Rip H. stadium in Dothan. It's the only large city near by where we wouldn't compete with another Univ or College for fans.

tsufl
03-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Great to hear fan base growing but it's going to take time. Problem is MGS holds twice the fans as there are live people living in Pike county.

In future we may have to play some "home" games in Montgomery, Dothan, or Mobile.

In fact it would be great if MG ceo decided to expand Rip H. stadium in Dothan. It's the only large city near by where we wouldn't compete with another Univ or College for fans.

Dont open that can of worms buddy! Troy is our home, we have a beautiful stadium no need to play else where. People will come to Troy trust me!

Troy93
03-20-2005, 05:03 PM
All I have to say about playing in Dothan , Montgomery, & Mobile is HELL NO. What did we build a stadium for if we are not going to use it?

troy4ever
03-20-2005, 06:42 PM
We're not Alabama. We're not confused where our home is like they always were between Tuscaloosa and Birmingham. Keep all home games in Troy!

Sarahbelle
03-21-2005, 08:28 AM
I agree...let's keep Troy football in MGS.

And welcome to the board Rette! :D

tsu59
03-21-2005, 05:41 PM
d@% - stuck my hand in a hornets nest - with that kind of determination maybe we will fill MGS sooner than I thought.

Go Trojans !!!

TrojanfanfromMissouri
03-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Although I have ties to Troy (currently earning my master's online)I thought this was still a good place to post since I am probably one of the few, if not the only, Troy fan in Missouri. I came very close to getting pummeled in a bar after celebrating Troy's football victory over Missouri. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that I recently found this site and have read every post in every forum. It is good to know that I am not the only Troy fan/maniac out there.