PDA

View Full Version : I'm mad with you guys...

trojanbrutha
01-07-2010, 01:06 PM
Y'all made me wait until the 4th qtr for the fanfare! I kept requesting it, but I was ignored constantly...Seriously though, I enjoyed being by the band, but the tuba players could've put those things down so we could see more of the action...:thumb:

Blow SOTS Blow!

BleedingCardinal
01-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Yea I knew some folks would be mad about our bells being in the way. Sorry about that. We put them down as soon as we're on defense. I even put mine down some when we're on offense when I knew people behind me couldn't see.

JPSousa1898
01-07-2010, 03:04 PM
It's hard to keep the fans behind us happy, but we have to play and it's hard to put those Sousaphones up on short notice and be ready to play. I was there once.

Maybe you'll get better seats next time, TrojanBrotha. Thanks for being such a hard core SOTS supporter! :wave:

Room Guy
01-07-2010, 05:46 PM
The SOTS made a very good impression down in Mobile. I was standing next to some high school kids who decided that they wanted to come to Troy after hearing the SOTS. The service song medley made a whole bunch of military people happy, as well. The trip must have been miserable for them, but they represented the school very well.

BleedingCardinal
01-07-2010, 07:01 PM
The SOTS made a very good impression down in Mobile. I was standing next to some high school kids who decided that they wanted to come to Troy after hearing the SOTS. The service song medley made a whole bunch of military people happy, as well. The trip must have been miserable for them, but they represented the school very well.

Miserable for the Sound? Not for me! I had some good food and attended an amazing game. I was definitely not miserable. Oh and having all the Troy fans there at the parade was a plus!

SOTSButterfly
01-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I wish Troy would have been able to go to bowls back when I was in the SOTS. We weren't bowl eligible until the year after I graduated, of course. I bet bowl trips for the band are a blast! :D

TroJam
01-08-2010, 01:38 AM
I sat behind the SOTS and my view was fine. The only bad part about sitting behind the SOTS is that I couldn't hear the full brute force of the Sound.

Troybaseball8652
02-08-2010, 11:23 AM
It's hard to keep the fans behind us happy, but we have to play and it's hard to put those Sousaphones up on short notice and be ready to play. I was there once.

Maybe you'll get better seats next time, TrojanBrotha. Thanks for being such a hard core SOTS supporter! :wave:

Every other band puts their tubas down so the crowd can see behind them. Personally, I think it looks bad when all of the other instruments are down but the tuba players are standing there with the tubas not playing.

Spiritual_Trojan
02-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Every other band puts their tubas down so the crowd can see behind them. Personally, I think it looks bad when all of the other instruments are down but the tuba players are standing there with the tubas not playing.

Who's every other band? I would flip mine down so that the people beside and slightly behind me could see. We are supposed to keep them on when our teams on offense and we usually try to put them down on defense depending on the amount of space we have. Again this is one of those things that if it really bugs you email the directors.

Troybaseball8652
02-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Who's every other band? I would flip mine down so that the people beside and slightly behind me could see. We are supposed to keep them on when our teams on offense and we usually try to put them down on defense depending on the amount of space we have. Again this is one of those things that if it really bugs you email the directors.

Every other band. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida State, Florida, LSU, any other band I have ever witnessed in person do not stand with their tubas up the entire game. They pull them up to play and set them back down. I just think it looks disorganized.

Buzz Lightyear
02-09-2010, 06:04 PM
I brought a person to Mobile that has never heard the whole SOTS and she came home and told people that without a doubt the best band she had heard and she has been around at least 45 or so college bands. Maybe she was just being nice but has said this to numerous people. So you have a convert......Good job guys.

TroyTuba
02-09-2010, 09:09 PM
If the entire section is all up, how is that disorganized?

JPSousa1898
02-15-2010, 11:38 PM
I think he meant that that he didn't like them down.

TroyTuba
02-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Either way, if their ALL up or ALL down, my original questions stands - how is that disorganized?